LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Well we were both way off. The attendance was close to 3,200 so it seems like the GFL game was a success.
    That’s great, especially considering the Lakers are having a down season and were playing a team with one of the worst records in college hockey. Soo, Ontario can be an asset to Lake State that other programs don’t have snd it’s nice to see the Lakers build relationships there.

The crowd shots with kids in Soo Greyhounds jerseys getting their picture with Seamore was cool, too.

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
      I don't see Western or Miami leaving the NCHC. I think they would already have had to put in their resignation to the NCHC.
      Unless they've been working on a sort of trade between the conferences. The WCHA/Seven give the NCHC Mankato & stop persuing ASU in favor of WMU and Miami joining the Seven?

I'm sure there's some other complications, which would make sense as to why nothing's been announced yet, but having nothing leak out of either conference seems odd...but then again the whole situation is odd.
      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
        That’s great, especially considering the Lakers are having a down season and were playing a team with one of the worst records in college hockey. Soo, Ontario can be an asset to Lake State that other programs don’t have snd it’s nice to see the Lakers build relationships there.

The crowd shots with kids in Soo Greyhounds jerseys getting their picture with Seamore was cool, too.
        The big question is how many of those in attendance actually paid for their tickets. They were giving them away left, right & center as were other businesses in both Saults.
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
          Unless they've been working on a sort of trade between the conferences. The WCHA/Seven give the NCHC Mankato & stop persuing ASU in favor of WMU and Miami joining the Seven?

I'm sure there's some other complications, which would make sense as to why nothing's been announced yet, but having nothing leak out of either conference seems odd...but then again the whole situation is odd.
          The exit fees from the NCHC are quite steep. As for Arizona State, there hasn’t been a shovel of dirt turned on their proposed new arena.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Well we were both way off. The attendance was close to 3,200 so it seems like the GFL game was a success.
            I was at a Hounds game recently that had a listed attendance of 3900. Compared with that, there is no way there were 3200 people there Saturday. 2200 would make more sense, but certainly nothing over 3000.
            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              The exit fees from the NCHC are quite steep. As for Arizona State, there hasn’t been a shovel of dirt turned on their proposed new arena.
              And their current one holds under 1000, correct?
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                And their current one holds under 1000, correct?
                About 800.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well the CCHA is coming back in 2021-22. It will be interesting to hear what Damon says about it on the Laker Hockey Show tonight.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

It looks like we have a new recruit for next season, D-man Jeremy Gervais.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...jeremy-gervais

https://***********/nativesportspg/s...71835212615683

https://www.sasilverbacks.com/gervai...superior-state
                    Last edited by Bill; 02-19-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      It looks like we have a new recruit for next season, D-man Jeremy Gervais.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...jeremy-gervais

https://***********/nativesportspg/s...71835212615683
                      But can he score ?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Well the CCHA is coming back in 2021-22. It will be interesting to hear what Damon says about it on the Laker Hockey Show tonight.
                        Back in the CCHA . Now what other teams do they try to bring in ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Back in the CCHA . Now what other teams do they try to bring in ?
                          Many folks think that St Thomas, a college in Minnesota, could be the 8th team. St Thomas is in the process of converting all their sports from D3 to D1.

There is also speculation that WMU and Miami could move to the CCHA from the NCHC, and Minnesota State and Bemidji could switch from the WCHA/CCHA to the NCHC. I don't know if WMU and Miami are interested in doing that, and there are expensive exit fees to get out of the NCHC (unless they got a waiver). I think Minnesota State and Bemidji would be happy to join the NCHC as a trade for WMU and Miami going to the CCHA.

Personally, I would still like to see UAH added to the CCHA. Yeah it's a long bus trip but not as expensive as trips to Alaska.

For the 2 Alaska programs, I think they really need a West coast conference to stay viable in the long run. That would probably mean that at least 3 or 4 more Western schools would need to start D1 programs in fairly short order over the next few years. On top of that, Alaska in general has budget issues due to declining oil revenues and that cloud hangs over their programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Personally, I would still like to see UAH added to the CCHA. Yeah it's a long bus trip but not as expensive as trips to Alaska.
                            I always feel like UAH could almost make it, if it could just get over the hump - and then something else happens to pull the rug out.

Comment

Just listened to Bill Crawford on the CHN podcast. Nice interview. Sounded likely Notre Dame is coming up to the UP to play the Lakers and Northern.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                                Just listened to Bill Crawford on the CHN podcast. Nice interview. Sounded likely Notre Dame is coming up to the UP to play the Lakers and Northern.
                                It's about time.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X