Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 353

Thread: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    There is just nothing good to say about the team this year. I am not sure the Lakers can draw very many Canadians into the Memorial Gardens for a game.

  2. #262
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    There is just nothing good to say about the team this year. I am not sure the Lakers can draw very many Canadians into the Memorial Gardens for a game.
    It's highly likely Niko Esposito-Selivanov will suit up for the game and see some action, unless he's injured or sick.

    I'm planning on heading up for the UAA series this weekend as long as the (traveling) weather is OK.
    Last edited by Bill; 01-20-2020 at 04:46 PM.

  3. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Be hard not to play Esposito in Esposito land .

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It's highly likely Niko Esposito-Selivanov will suit up for the game and see some action, unless he's injured or sick.

    I'm planning on heading up for the UAA series this weekend as long as the (traveling) weather is OK.
    Be hard not to play Esposito in Esposito land .

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie
    Posts
    17

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    I doubt it will be much of a crowd. We aren't going, we don't go to Canada by choice. We've asked friends if they want our tickets, and have gotten several, no, thanks, and a maybe. Pretty sad when nobody wants free tickets.


    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    There is just nothing good to say about the team this year. I am not sure the Lakers can draw very many Canadians into the Memorial Gardens for a game.

  6. #266
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    From the LHS this evening, we have a new forward who has transferred to LSSU this semester. Logan Jenuwine, who was a big time scorer his last season of Junior hockey in the NAHL. He will be eligible to play the second semester of next season under the transfer rules.

  7. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Soo
    Posts
    1,839

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I wonder what the ticket sales for the February 15 game at GFL Memorial Gardens in Soo, Ontario are so far?
    Lakers are no longer a known or followed entity on the Canadian side. I will be pleasantly surprised if the game draws over 1000 people.

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by jnacc View Post
    Lakers are no longer a known or followed entity on the Canadian side. I will be pleasantly surprised if the game draws over 1000 people.

    We'll see. Also the Soo Thunderbirds play that night too at John Rhodes at exactly the same time which won't help matters.

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Lakers finish with a 2-2-2 record with two 3x3 overtime wins in January. Not too bad but could of been a little better.

    Congratulations to Humitz for 100 career points. Nice to see Veillette continuing to score clutch goals for us which is reminding me of Rick Schofield.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-25-2020 at 11:44 PM.

  10. #270
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    A sweep would have been nice but a 5 point weekend is pretty decent. I thought our D looked a little tired as the game went along tonight. I wonder if there is some sickness going around.

  11. #271
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    The Lakers have a new commitment. 2003 D-man Jack Blanchett, currently playing for Honeybaked.

    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...jack-blanchett

  12. #272
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    The Calgary Flames have called up Buddy Robinson from Stockton of the AHL.

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    I see the Lakers tied 4-4 to the U.S National Development team last night. I sure hope the Lakers don't get back into the bad habit of giving up 4+ goals a game heading into the stretch run.

  14. #274
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I see the Lakers tied 4-4 to the U.S National Development team last night. I sure hope the Lakers don't get back into the bad habit of giving up 4+ goals a game heading into the stretch run.
    A lot of talent on the US team. They beat Michigan 4-1 last weekend at Michigan.

  15. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,888

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I see the Lakers tied 4-4 to the U.S National Development team last night. I sure hope the Lakers don't get back into the bad habit of giving up 4+ goals a game heading into the stretch run.
    I think Bengert played last night in goal also.

  16. #276
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Buddy Robinson scored a goal for Calgary last night.

  17. #277
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    From the LHS, we have another transfer coming in next season. Forward Brandon Puricelli, who played at UMD the first part of this season. I'm not up on the specific transfer rules and think that he and Logan Jenuwine won't be able to play for the Lakers until the second semester next season. However, Damon did say they are still looking at the specific circumstances/rules to determine if it will be next Fall or Winter before they can play. Damon also said he tried to recruit Puricelli to the Lakers a few years ago.

    Also, both Gelsinger and Oliver are "probables" for this weekend. It sounded like one, or possibly both of them may be able to play, although nothing is certain at this point.
    Last edited by Bill; 02-04-2020 at 06:52 PM.

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    From the LHS, we have another transfer coming in next season. Forward Brandon Puricelli, who played at UMD the first part of this season. I'm not up on the specific transfer rules and think that he and Logan Jenuwine won't be able to play for the Lakers until the second semester next season. However, Damon did say they are still looking at the specific circumstances/rules to determine if it will be next Fall or Winter before they can play. Damon also said he tried to recruit Puricelli to the Lakers a few years ago.

    Also, both Gelsinger and Oliver are "probables" for this weekend. It sounded like one, or possibly both of them may be able to play, although nothing is certain at this point.
    But can they score ?

  19. #279
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    But can they score ?
    Both were big scorers in the NAHL. We never know how that will translate to college level play until they're here for a while and we can see what they can do.

  20. #280
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,095

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    The Lakers have a new verbal commitment. Forward Cole Craft; Rockland of the CCHL. Not sure if he's coming in next season or further down the line.

    https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/360056/cole-craft

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •