LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Exciting finish for sure . Still giving up to many goals .

Comment

I caught most of the game on the YesFM radio stream. It sounded like the Lakers played pretty well defensively for the first half of the game. Not so much the last half of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        I caught most of the game on the YesFM radio stream. It sounded like the Lakers played pretty well defensively for the first half of the game. Not so much the last half of the game.
        Penalties hurt the Lakers. The 2nd would have been completely different if they didn’t put themselves in that position. Then when the Lakers got up 4-2 in the 3rd, I think they felt like it was over and Ferris capitalized in part because of a dumb Humitz penalty.

Humitz had a strange night. Stopped on a penalty shot (awarded after the Ferris player gloved the puck and threw it), fanned on a breakaway, and committed a costly penalty late. And then redemption scoring the OT winner on a great shot with 16 seconds left in OT.

Comment

Zero goals combined first half of the game but 9 goals combined the second half of the game. Very strange.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Nice to see the Lakers get a sweep at home against a team the Lakers should beat twice seeing Ferris State is picked to finish towards the bottom. Also nice to see the Lakers have 2 Saturday night home wins already. Last season we didn't get our first Saturday night home win until mid February.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Nice to see the Lakers get a sweep at home against a team the Lakers should beat twice seeing Ferris State is picked to finish towards the bottom. Also nice to see the Lakers have 2 Saturday night home wins already. Last season we didn't get our first Saturday night home win until mid February.
              Yeah, they did what they needed to do although the last few minutes of each game left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.

Let's hope Nordqvist isn't hurt too bad. We're already without our fastest skater at forward (Gelsinger). Nordqvist is our fastest skater at D. Should have some news about him by this week's Laker Hockey Show.

Comment

Yeah, they did what they needed to do although the last few minutes of each game left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.

Let's hope Nordqvist isn't hurt too bad. We're already without our fastest skater at forward (Gelsinger). Nordqvist is our fastest skater at D. Should have some news about him by this week's Laker Hockey Show.
                I hope there is a suspension handed down to Ferris. They play dirty.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVCYe4UlNA

I decided to upload the kneeing penalty (Lutz on Nordqvist) since I really do think it needs more visibility for those who haven't seen it. The WCHA ought to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

I decided to upload the kneeing penalty (Lutz on Nordqvist) since I really do think it needs more visibility for those who haven't seen it. The WCHA ought to do something.
                    Wow. That does look bad. The weird part is, Lutz only had 10 PIM in his first 3 years at Ferris. Not a guy you'd expect to do something like this.

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Ferris had 2 players each take majors + game, and get a suspension each of the last two weeks going into the previous weekend. This weekend made 4 in three weeks with the second ejection.

The WCHA should really be taking a look at the program in general, I think. I mean, 4 majors in 3 weeks? that seems a bit excessive.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                        Ferris had 2 players each take majors + game, and get a suspension each of the last two weeks going into the previous weekend. This weekend made 4 in three weeks with the second ejection.

The WCHA should really be taking a look at the program in general, I think. I mean, 4 majors in 3 weeks? that seems a bit excessive.
                        Here's Ferris State's other major penalty in the game. Coale Norris boarding Colin Saccoman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efiohRaGFGE

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post

Within the bounds of the rule book, what exactly should the league do? Within the bounds of WCHA & NCAA rules, what action should the taken?
                          Last edited by davyd83; 11-04-2019, 02:58 PM.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Congratulations to Calder(Forward), Saccoman(Defenseman) and Boudon(Rookie) on winning WCHA Players of the Week.

Comment

Here's Ferris State's other major penalty in the game. Coale Norris boarding Colin Saccoman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efiohRaGFGE
                              I don't think you can suspend in this one. The initial contact is made at the goal line with the Saccoman trying to slow up Norris on the way in. Looks like to me Saccoman goes one way and then realizes Norris is going the other and somewhat loses his balance/starts to fall trying to impede Norris. Both players end up going into the boards in a bad position.

I can see how the official called a penalty with the way it looked live, but watching the replay a few times, I personally don't think it is suspension worthy.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                I don't think you can suspend in this one. The initial contact is made at the goal line with the Saccoman trying to slow up Norris on the way in. Looks like to me Saccoman goes one way and then realizes Norris is going the other and somewhat loses his balance/starts to fall trying to impede Norris. Both players end up going into the boards in a bad position.

I can see how the official called a penalty with the way it looked live, but watching the replay a few times, I personally don't think it is suspension worthy.
                                I agree. No further action necessary than the original call. I only posted it because someone mentioned Ferris getting a lot of majors recently. I do have issue with the kneeing incident on Nordqvist. I think that was awful and reckless.

Comment

Working...
                                X