LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Now that the 2010's decade is over, I was wondering what a Laker all decade team from the 2010's would look like. This is what I came up with.

F- Diego Cuglietta
    F- Dominic Monardo
    F- Max Humitz
    D- Kevin Czuczman
    D- Colin Saccoman
    G- Kevin Kapalka
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Just in case nobody heard, JT Henke is now an assistant coach for the Soo Eagles of the NOJHL.
      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Now that the 2010's decade is over, I was wondering what a Laker all decade team from the 2010's would look like. This is what I came up with.

F- Diego Cuglietta
        F- Dominic Monardo
        F- Max Humitz
        D- Kevin Czuczman
        D- Colin Saccoman
        G- Kevin Kapalka
        While I have some other favorites over Humitz (Globke could've been something interesting, Perfetto always felt like a playmaker, McParland, Campbell.), and you could make a case for the likes of Trotman or a healthy Drapluk over either Czuczman or Saccoman, I think you have a good list.

Also, I think Kapalka and Defiel are pretty interchangeable here too. Both were pretty solid goalies, but both were also kind of head cases, where if they got scored on early it really got to them and was hard to shake off.
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          In the second half the Lakers have "zero” games against the top three teams in the conference, 8 against the bottom four teams, and 6 games against the three teams in the middle of the pack. Ten of your first fourteen games were against MSU, BGSU, and BSU, and most were competitive. Everybody else has 4-6 games against the top three coming up. Lots of time to move up. I'd be happy if LSSU continues to suck...but I doubt most teams are taking the Lakers lightly.
          They'll have to get out of their scoring funk, while still playing good D, if they are going to move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
            They'll have to get out of their scoring funk, while still playing good D, if they are going to move up.
            I agree Bill. I sure hope Calder can regain his form he had his Freshman year. His Sophomore year dropoff is reminding me of Globke's back during Damon's first year.

Comment

I agree Bill. I sure hope Calder can regain his form he had his Freshman year. His Sophomore year dropoff is reminding me of Globke's back during Damon's first year.
              Calder got off to a good start this season (he has 11 points) but the last month and a half or so has been a struggle for him scoring wise. We definitely need him to get going again. Missing Gelsinger for the first half of the season also has hurt quite a bit. We need more secondary scoring also. Last season McKay and Basilico had 21 points between them; this season they have only 1 point so far. Globke was the beneficiary of playing on a line with Radke and Campbell his freshman season.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                Laker hockey is a bust this year .
                This very well could be the low point in the history of Laker hockey.

Comment

Lakers are tied with Ferris State for 7th (Lakers currently hold tiebreaker) but now are just a point head of UAA who are in 9th. Lakers really need a win Sunday.

Comment

Lakers are tied with Ferris State for 7th (Lakers currently hold tiebreaker) but now are just a point head of UAA who are in 9th. Lakers really need a win Sunday.
                    The Lakers have also played two more games than UAA.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Not a pretty season .

Comment

I have only made it one game so far this season and hope to get to a few more this winter. The game I did see they won in overtime, but I felt if they continued to play like this they will have a poor season. It appears to be the case. The defense was good for 2 periods, but the biggest problem I saw was puck handling. They make a great pass but the guy on the receiving end can't handle it to take a shot. Also they were very timid in shooting the puck. Just curious on anyone's opinion who has seen more games. Talent? Leadership?
                        Go Lakers!

Comment

Talent doesn't have you playing this poor . Talent wins and lack of loses. Coaching staff knows more then we how little of talent there is on the team . Is the answer change coaches ? I don"t think so. We saw last year how the team could win if the talent was there and how the coaches were able to make the team a winner by playing their talent. The coaches need to get better players that can win and a winning program attracts the better players . The idea a school like Lake State cannot attract talent is nonsense. Back in the days of Anzalone and Jackson, players were flocking to play for Lake State. You want fans,win. You want better talent,win .

Comment

Did anyone else have trouble with the Flohockey broadcast last night? Ours kept buffering and losing the feed. I ended up turning it offing after the 1st period and just listening on the radio. I have been really disappointed with the lack of quality with Flohockey. This was the first year we bought it and probably the last.

Comment

I have no issues for the most part with flo. It does seem when the team plays in Alaska there is issues with flo. It did work itself out and for the most part and the reception was decent after the trouble it did have . I did put on the Cornell and Providence game from Las Vegas and the reception was great .

Comment

Originally posted by SectionP View Post
                                Did anyone else have trouble with the Flohockey broadcast last night? Ours kept buffering and losing the feed. I ended up turning it offing after the 1st period and just listening on the radio. I have been really disappointed with the lack of quality with Flohockey. This was the first year we bought it and probably the last.
                                I had issues to start and then I missed the last 5 or so of the first period. After that it was good. I have had issues with several schools this season on flo.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X