LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDB View Post
    It'd be nice to see him play since he is a graduating senior and this'll likely be his last as a Laker.
    It would be the ideal time since the result of the game will have no impact on either team. The Lakers can’t move up or down, and Ferris can’t make the playoffs.

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
      It would be the ideal time since the result of the game will have no impact on either team. The Lakers can’t move up or down, and Ferris can’t make the playoffs.
      I guess this all but confirms Eisele is red shirting.

Comment

I listened to the Ferris announcers last night and the lead guy seemed to imply that the Lakers are known to want to rough it up. That’s not something I had heard. Is that true to others? If anything I thought Ferris was the team that roughed things up more.

Comment

Good wrap up to the regular season tonight and nice to see Roman Bengert get the win in net.

Comment

Beavers are next .

Comment

Lakers finished with a respectable 7-4-3 record for the 2020 portion of the regular season.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                Beavers are next .
                So do the Lakers have a shot? They didn't look like they belonged in the same arena with Bemidji when they played out there in November, but the Lakers have played better recently. They are still prone to being erratic, though. Just look at the recent series with NMU. Is there some way we can get the version of the LSSU team that blew out NMU 6-1 a couple of weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                  So do the Lakers have a shot? They didn't look like they belonged in the same arena with Bemidji when they played out there in November, but the Lakers have played better recently. They are still prone to being erratic, though. Just look at the recent series with NMU. Is there some way we can get the version of the LSSU team that blew out NMU 6-1 a couple of weeks ago?
                  I'm not holding my breath. While I would love to see them upset the Beavers, I have a feeling we'l see an early exit. Let's just hope it's not like an 8-0 shutout.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                    I'm not holding my breath. While I would love to see them upset the Beavers, I have a feeling we'l see an early exit. Let's just hope it's not like an 8-0 shutout.
                    The Lakers have a shot . Every time I could not watch their games,they scored a bunch of goals and I will miss all the games through March.

Comment

BSU finished 2020 with a 12-2-2 record with both of those losses coming to Mankato. BSU did down NMU 5-0 and 5-1 in Marquette just a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, the Beavers have to find a way to exorcise the first round jinx they have had in the WCHA playoffs (1-5 in the new WCHA, 2-7 since joining the WCHA).
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                        The Lakers have a shot . Every time I could not watch their games,they scored a bunch of goals and I will miss all the games through March.
                        I think the Lakers can win a game but not the series.
                        Sure hope I'm wrong. Here are my predictions:

Mankato in 2
                        Bemidji in 3
                        Tech in 3
                        Alaska in 3

Comment

It would be a huge upset to beat Bemidji twice, but to have a chance they have to play good D, get good goal tending, and score first (or at least score second if they don't score first). That's pretty much the recipe for beating any good team on the road even during the regular season. If they can keep the games close (and maybe push it to 3 games), who knows what will happen. If they can get some secondary scoring, that would be a big plus.

Comment

Congratulations to Boudon on WCHA Rookie of the Week!

Comment

Congratulations to Riedell on winning WCHA Defenseman of the month. Also congratulations to Boudon on winning WCHA Rookie of the Month.

Comment

Interesting comment from Damon on the LHS last evening. He said there are discussions going on about changing the transfer rule. As it is now, if a player transfers to another D1 school, he generally has to sit out a year although that can be appealed. I'm not sure how often appeals are successful, but would suspect not often. The discussions are about changing the rule such that a player who transfers would be eligible to play immediately without having to sit out a season. This would be a one time only option for a given player. Although Damon didn't say this was going to be a topic at the post-season Florida coaches conference, I assume that will be the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X