Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    BSU finished 2020 with a 12-2-2 record with both of those losses coming to Mankato. BSU did down NMU 5-0 and 5-1 in Marquette just a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, the Beavers have to find a way to exorcise the first round jinx they have had in the WCHA playoffs (1-5 in the new WCHA, 2-7 since joining the WCHA).
    After reading your post, I was hoping there really was a jinx but it looks like Bemidji did fairly close to what I'd think they should do given the seeds they've had. As for this year, all I know for sure is that the Beavers look very tough and dominated the Lakers in your building. The Lakers are playing a bit better since then though and having Gelsinger in the lineup is something LSSU didn't have in any of the BSU-LSSU games this year. Maybe that will be enough to steal a couple of games.

Comment

Gameday, go Lakers!

Comment

The Lakers looked good in the first, some good chances hitting 2 goal posts. Really stinks to be down 1-0 on a goal Mitens didn’t see. Hopefully the Lakers can keep playing well and find the back of the net.

Comment

Lakers hit 3 posts/crossbars. Had the Lakers scored on one of those, the game could of had a different result. No puck luck tonight.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Lakers hit 3 posts/crossbars. Had the Lakers scored on one of those, the game could of had a different result. No puck luck tonight.
            As a goalie dad, I look at it as the goalie had it played right and that is all the shooter had to shoot at.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Interesting to note Bengert didn't make the trip because of the flu. It would suck for Eisele if Mitens got hurt late in the game and had to play and lose his red shirt by just playing a few minutes.

Let's hope the Lakers can bounce back tonight and play on tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Hopefully the Lakers have more luck tonight. I was amused by the lack of knowledge the BSU announcers had last night thinking the Lakers mascot was Shameus the Angry Wave, that Sault Ste. Marie was way north of Mackinac Island, and that an icebreaker had to clear ice for people to get to work in the Soo.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Interesting to note Bengert didn't make the trip because of the flu. It would suck for Eisele if Mitens got hurt late in the game and had to play and lose his red shirt by just playing a few minutes.

Scoring first would be a big help. Too often this season they haven't done that. It's probably not as big of a deal when playing at home, but it certainly can give a team a boost and confidence when on the road.

Comment

4 goals halfway through the 2nd. I’ll take it!

Comment

Great win! Happy to be playing tomorrow!

Comment

Nerve wracking finish but Lakers pull off the big win.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

It is hard to believe that Eiselee would stay for all 4 years of eligibility after being redshirted this year. You would think he would get his degree early kind of like Bengert did.

Comment

Just got back from the BSU-LSSU game. It looked like BSU had the first 13 minutes under control with a 1-0 lead. The Beavers were jumping sharp the puck, but then within 13 seconds, 2 Laker goals. And it was done against a very good goalie with a strong defensive cast. Just to make things sourer, the Lakers scored on a 5-second stroke from net to net with one second left. Well...I'm pulling for my Beavers to rebound tomorrow (they pay my pension, 32 1/2 years there). My Cats (NMU basketball 70-74) are currently 3-3 in triple OT with Tech. Could be a bad night all the way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              It is hard to believe that Eiselee would stay for all 4 years of eligibility after being redshirted this year. You would think he would get his degree early kind of like Bengert did.
                              It probably depends on how much playing time he gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                                Hopefully the Lakers have more luck tonight. I was amused by the lack of knowledge the BSU announcers had last night thinking the Lakers mascot was Shameus the Angry Wave, that Sault Ste. Marie was way north of Mackinac Island, and that an icebreaker had to clear ice for people to get to work in the Soo.
                                Apply for the job. I bet you’d be way better. Way north? Define way north when something on the spur can be “way across town!” 😝

Comment

Working...
                                X