LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

I am sure everything going on with bringing back the CCHA and leaving Huntsville and the Alaska teams out came down to money . Will other teams like Miami and Western apply ? That all depends on what it can do for them financially . No matter what we want to believe, it always boils down to money . Making money is the name of the game and money will determine what happens next .

Comment

From the LHT show, Roman Bengert will be getting his degree in May and will be moving on. Possibly playing somewhere else next season while working on his Masters degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        The new season is getting close so it's a good time to start a thread for it.

Anyone been to any captain's practices and can let us know how the new guys look?

I hope to make it up to the Soo for the opening series against Merrimack.
        Do they have a new goalie coming in next year?

Comment

Originally posted by CDB View Post
          Do they have a new goalie coming in next year?
          Yes. Ethan Langenegger from Salmon Arm of the BCHL. Most likely, Mareks Mitens will again be the #1 goalie going into the season, with Ethan Langenegger and Seth Eisele challenging Mareks for playing time. I don't know if they've made a decision yet about red-shirting Eisele for this season.
          Last edited by Bill; 02-20-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
            Just listened to Bill Crawford on the CHN podcast. Nice interview. Sounded likely Notre Dame is coming up to the UP to play the Lakers and Northern.
            Great interview. It sounds like the Lakers will be saving a ton of money on travel expenses.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Holy Schnikies , Lakers are looking good tonight!!!

Comment

What a win! Hope they play like that in the WCHA tourney. 6-1!

Comment

Great game! That was the team I thought they would be this season. Hopefully they show up again tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes
                    With BG's win tonight, the Lakers are now locked into the #7 seed. That's the first spot determined for the playoffs.
                    Lakers will very likely be heading to Bemidji State for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Lakers will very likely be heading to Bemidji State for the playoffs.
                      Seems like a pretty good match up!
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Humitz is currently tied for 6th in the NCAA in goals scored and is only two off the goal scoring lead. The 22nd Laker to score 60 career goals and the 1st Laker since Sean Tallaire 25 years ago.

Also if Mitens plays the remaining 3 regular season games and 2 (hopefully more) playoff games, he would be at 39 games played. That would be the most by a Laker goaltender since Bruce Hoffort played 44 games in 1988-89.
                        Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 02-22-2020, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Seems like a pretty good match up!
                          Well let's hope the Lakers don't screw up down at Ferris State next weekend and win some games which would help UAA out.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            Well let's hope the Lakers don't screw up down at Ferris State next weekend and win some games which would help UAA out.
                            Honestly, I don't know if I want UAA to make the playoffs. Yes, they were .02 seconds away from beating Mankato a few weeks ago, but that is not going to happen in the playoffs. They are gonna get killed.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Lakers guaranteed to be seeded 7th in WCHA playoffs. Only question is whether we travel to Minnesota State or Bemidji State.

Comment

Very interesting postgame. Damon was very unhappy saying NMU was playing the game the wrong way.

Despite the loss at least the Lakers won the Cappo Cup. With the Lakers guaranteed to finish 7th, perhaps Damon will give Seth Eisele a start next weekend and give Mitens a rest before the playoffs.
                                Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 02-23-2020, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X