LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

I take it that Whitten did not have much to say on his radio show ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      I take it that Whitten did not have much to say on his radio show ?
      He's on a recruiting trip this week. Zack Cisek filled in for him on the show. Nothing earth shattering on the show. Zack did say that they are looking for another forward and maybe another D-man for next season.

Comment

A couple interesting stats on Max Humitz:

-Lakers are 6-6-0 when he scores a goal this season but are 1-13-2 when he doesn't

-He has 56 career goals so far which is the most by a Laker since Joe Blaznek had 57 when he played from 1994-1998.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          A couple interesting stats on Max Humitz:

-Lakers are 6-6-0 when he scores a goal this season but are 1-13-2 when he doesn't

-He has 56 career goals so far which is the most by a Laker since Joe Blaznek had 57 when he played from 1994-1998.
          He's been a good goal scorer for the Lakers even though he wasn't a big time scorer in the USHL. His best season there was 11 goals (plus 3 more in the playoffs).

Comment

I wonder what the ticket sales for the February 15 game at GFL Memorial Gardens in Soo, Ontario are so far?

Comment

There is just nothing good to say about the team this year. I am not sure the Lakers can draw very many Canadians into the Memorial Gardens for a game.

Comment

There is just nothing good to say about the team this year. I am not sure the Lakers can draw very many Canadians into the Memorial Gardens for a game.
                It's highly likely Niko Esposito-Selivanov will suit up for the game and see some action, unless he's injured or sick.

I'm planning on heading up for the UAA series this weekend as long as the (traveling) weather is OK.
                Last edited by Bill; 01-20-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Be hard not to play Esposito in Esposito land .

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    It's highly likely Niko Esposito-Selivanov will suit up for the game and see some action, unless he's injured or sick.

I'm planning on heading up for the UAA series this weekend as long as the (traveling) weather is OK.
                    Be hard not to play Esposito in Esposito land .

Comment

I doubt it will be much of a crowd. We aren't going, we don't go to Canada by choice. We've asked friends if they want our tickets, and have gotten several, no, thanks, and a maybe. Pretty sad when nobody wants free tickets.

Comment

From the LHS this evening, we have a new forward who has transferred to LSSU this semester. Logan Jenuwine, who was a big time scorer his last season of Junior hockey in the NAHL. He will be eligible to play the second semester of next season under the transfer rules.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          I wonder what the ticket sales for the February 15 game at GFL Memorial Gardens in Soo, Ontario are so far?
                          Lakers are no longer a known or followed entity on the Canadian side. I will be pleasantly surprised if the game draws over 1000 people.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                            Lakers are no longer a known or followed entity on the Canadian side. I will be pleasantly surprised if the game draws over 1000 people.

We'll see. Also the Soo Thunderbirds play that night too at John Rhodes at exactly the same time which won't help matters.

Comment

Lakers finish with a 2-2-2 record with two 3x3 overtime wins in January. Not too bad but could of been a little better.

Congratulations to Humitz for 100 career points. Nice to see Veillette continuing to score clutch goals for us which is reminding me of Rick Schofield.
                              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-25-2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

A sweep would have been nice but a 5 point weekend is pretty decent. I thought our D looked a little tired as the game went along tonight. I wonder if there is some sickness going around.

Comment

Working...
                                X