LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

The Lakers have a new commitment. 2003 D-man Jack Blanchett, currently playing for Honeybaked.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...jack-blanchett

Comment

The Calgary Flames have called up Buddy Robinson from Stockton of the AHL.

Comment

I see the Lakers tied 4-4 to the U.S National Development team last night. I sure hope the Lakers don't get back into the bad habit of giving up 4+ goals a game heading into the stretch run.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          I see the Lakers tied 4-4 to the U.S National Development team last night. I sure hope the Lakers don't get back into the bad habit of giving up 4+ goals a game heading into the stretch run.
          A lot of talent on the US team. They beat Michigan 4-1 last weekend at Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            I think Bengert played last night in goal also.

Comment

Buddy Robinson scored a goal for Calgary last night.

Comment

From the LHS, we have another transfer coming in next season. Forward Brandon Puricelli, who played at UMD the first part of this season. I'm not up on the specific transfer rules and think that he and Logan Jenuwine won't be able to play for the Lakers until the second semester next season. However, Damon did say they are still looking at the specific circumstances/rules to determine if it will be next Fall or Winter before they can play. Damon also said he tried to recruit Puricelli to the Lakers a few years ago.

Also, both Gelsinger and Oliver are "probables" for this weekend. It sounded like one, or possibly both of them may be able to play, although nothing is certain at this point.
                Last edited by Bill; 02-04-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  From the LHS, we have another transfer coming in next season. Forward Brandon Puricelli, who played at UMD the first part of this season. I'm not up on the specific transfer rules and think that he and Logan Jenuwine won't be able to play for the Lakers until the second semester next season. However, Damon did say they are still looking at the specific circumstances/rules to determine if it will be next Fall or Winter before they can play. Damon also said he tried to recruit Puricelli to the Lakers a few years ago.

Also, both Gelsinger and Oliver are "probables" for this weekend. It sounded like one, or possibly both of them may be able to play, although nothing is certain at this point.
                  But can they score ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    But can they score ?
                    Both were big scorers in the NAHL. We never know how that will translate to college level play until they're here for a while and we can see what they can do.

Comment

The Lakers have a new verbal commitment. Forward Cole Craft; Rockland of the CCHL. Not sure if he's coming in next season or further down the line.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/360056/cole-craft

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        The Lakers have a new verbal commitment. Forward Cole Craft; Rockland of the CCHL. Not sure if he's coming in next season or further down the line.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/360056/cole-craft
                        But can he score ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          But can he score ?
                          did you bother to click the link?

In his current league, yes, he can. But unless you know someone who can tell us what he will do at the college level, nobody knows how he will do at the college level.
                          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
                            did you bother to click the link?

In his current league, yes, he can. But unless you know someone who can tell us what he will do at the college level, nobody knows how he will do at the college level.
                            I’ve seen 100 point NAHL guys turn into 16 point NCAA guys.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              I’ve seen 100 point NAHL guys turn into 16 point NCAA guys.
                              We have some on the team. That's why I said that you never know how they'll do at the college level.
                              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

A short note from Neutral Zone on Cole Craft:

https://twitter.com/_Neutral_Zone/st...37749513637888

Comment

Working...
                                X