LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Are you serious? Your expectations do not meet reality.
    The expectations of 99% of the Lakers fans on this board are not in touch with reality.

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Some bad news from the LHS. Collin Saccoman will be having surgery next week and is likely done for the season.

Comment

Just when you think things cannot get any worse,they get worse .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post

Putting aside for a moment how it affects LSSU and the WCHA, this kid is a fine hockey player who, I understand, drew quite a bit of NHL interest last year. I hope for his sake that he recovers fully. We're all pulling for him.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            I hope the best for this young man and he recovers 100% from the surgery. I ran into him after the saturday mtu/lssu game in the soo. He represents the university and the team in a very good way. He sat and talked hockey for around 45 minutes with us and thanked us for making the trip to the soo. (I was fully decked in Tech gear) He didn't even need to engage us if he didn't want to but he did anyway. Very classy, very professional, and very well-spoken. I love road trips in the WCHA for reasons like this. Good Luck young man and I can't wait to watch you play again.

Comment

That's too bad about the Magic Man. Nice to hear the stories of the positive encounters people have had with him. It's been a rough season for sure, though. Hopefully LSSU can manage a split against BGSU this weekend and have a good showing to close out the calendar year in the Catamount Cup. The Lakers have been pretty good in holiday tournaments under Whitten. Always looking for a bright spot!

Comment

Hopefully the Lakers can heat up offensively this weekend. Hopefully Humitz doesn't get in a goal scoring slump.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Aside from correcting the defensive deficiencies that have plagued them much of this season, it would be a big boost if they could score first more often. Getting more secondary scoring would also be a big help.

Comment

I liked what I heard about MN. States powerplay last weekend . The announcers were saying on the powerplay they are taught 3 passes only and that should make a shot possible . We watched the Lakers on a 5 minute major pass and pass and never took a shot. Something to be learned from 3 passes only .

Comment

You don't win,you have no one at the game. This team has gone backwards in a hurry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakerfan10
                        The team didn’t even have set lines tonight. Things were all over the place. It shows no faith in your own system. I don’t know how you expect players to develop chemistry when literally every other shift you are throwing different players together. You’ve got 4th line guys starting the game and top six guys playing 3rd and 4th line. You don’t need to be a hockey expert to see what a desperate situation the team is in. You have proven players on this team who are not even scoring right now....this coaches tactics aren’t working and as a result the players are not playing for him. How many players have left this season already?
                        How many players have left since the start of the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakerfan10
                          We need a new coach!
                          Haven’t we been saying that about every coach since Jackson left? Maybe we should ask ourselves why we can’t attract higher calibre coaches and why we can’t attract more higher caliber players? Aren’t we on equal footing with Minnesota State or BG? Or at least Tech, NMU and Bemidji?

Comment

Originally posted by rapidscity View Post
                            haven’t we been saying that about every coach since jackson left? Maybe we should ask ourselves why we can’t attract higher calibre coaches and why we can’t attract more higher caliber players? Aren’t we on equal footing with minnesota state or bg? Or at least tech, nmu and bemidji?
                            money

Comment

Last year the Lakers won 23 games. This year they are going to lose 23 games. Every stat on the Lakers is in the toilet.

Comment

Huge win for the Lakers going into the Christmas break. It looked like special teams play was going to cost us the game again, but the guys had a great comeback win.

Comment

Working...
                                X