Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
    Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. DenBeste is 60th in the NAHL and Piku is still playing U18. Not sure why they aren't listed on Heisenberg's list.
    I do occasionally look at Heisenberg's site although he does seem to sometimes miss players or add them in kind of late.

College Hockey Inc has a commitment list also It can be sorted by school just as Heisenberg's site can.

DenBeste hasn't scored much in Juniors, to the extent that I've wondered if he is still coming to the Lakers next season, but Damon did mention him on a recent LHS. To his credit, he is having his best scoring season and has picked up the pace after a slow start.
    Last edited by Bill; 12-06-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

So are the Lakers ranked dead last in team defense?
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Laker hockey has become no fun hockey again .

Comment

It was a good game for 2 periods. Special teams was the big difference. Mavs were 3 for 4 on the pp; Lakers were 0 for 4. If the Lakers want to have a chance tonight, they need to get the 1st goal and stay out of the box.

Comment

It may have been a good game for 2 periods but it produced no points for the Lakers. The Lakers do not need a slap on the back for playing part of a good game . This team needs points before they fall so far behind in the standings that they may end up fighting for their lives to make the tournament .

Comment

Any chance Damon gets fired if this season is a big disappointment? I think he gets a free pass after last season.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

At this point,the Ice Capades could beat the Lakers . A 5 minute power play and the Lakers had zero shots on net . Keep watching the points as the Lakers are falling further and further down .

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Any chance Damon gets fired if this season is a big disappointment? I think he gets a free pass after last season.
                  Doubtful. He got a four year extension right after the season that the team missed the playoffs.
                  Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Unless there is some kind of large backlash from the fans, or of a current or former player goes public with some. If allegation, i doubt Whitten is fired after the year. From what I've seen & experienced, Paitaon has full trust in Damon. Especially since he only has, 1 year left after this one on his current deal? And like you said, after last year, he'll probably get another chance.

I've never played the game, but I think it would behoove Bumitz and Sacccoman to call a players only meeting to get it sorted.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Are you serious? Your expectations do not meet reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                        Unless there is some kind of large backlash from the fans, or of a current or former player goes public with some. If allegation, i doubt Whitten is fired after the year. From what I've seen & experienced, Paitaon has full trust in Damon. Especially since he only has, 1 year left after this one on his current deal? And like you said, after last year, he'll probably get another chance.

I've never played the game, but I think it would behoove Bumitz and Sacccoman to call a players only meeting to get it sorted.
                        He unfortunately has 2 years left after this year.

Comment

It hasn’t been fun, but I hope the team doesn’t fall apart with all of the losses piling up. There are a lot of winnable games coming up in January and February.

Comment

What's even more deflating is the fact the Lakers have the most loses in the country and given up the most goals .

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                              Doubtful. He got a four year extension right after the season that the team missed the playoffs.
                              I agree. I think the head coaches of all the principal men's and women's sports teams got multi-year contracts in the last year or two. I don't see any of them getting fired before their contracts are up based solely upon W-L records. I think AD Dave Paitson wanted coaching stability in the sports programs for the next few years. Since he's a fairly new AD, that gives him a chance to better evaluate the programs.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                                It hasn’t been fun, but I hope the team doesn’t fall apart with all of the losses piling up. There are a lot of winnable games coming up in January and February.
                                If they are able to pile up some wins against UAH, Anchorage and Ferris in the 2nd half of the season, it still won't give me much hope. Wins against those teams just are not that exciting.

Comment

Working...
                                X