LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

That was a nice win. And we finally got some secondary scoring.

Comment

Lakers for the first time this year finally win a game on the road on a Friday.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

The one game I miss because the wife and I were taking a cooking class and the Lakers score 7 times. Talk about luck .

Comment

Tough loss, but at least the Lakers fought back to tie the game to get it to overtime. Also they win the Winter Carnival for the first time in program history so not a total loss. Also nice to see the Lakers get more secondary scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            The one game I miss because the wife and I were taking a cooking class and the Lakers score 7 times. Talk about luck .
            Looks like you need to take more cooking classes on Fridays and Saturdays in March during the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Tough loss, but at least the Lakers fought back to tie the game to get it to overtime. Also they win the Winter Carnival for the first time in program history so not a total loss. Also nice to see the Lakers get more secondary scoring.
              They missed some good chances in OT before Tech got the winner.

Comment

Looks like Cole Craft will be joining the Lakers beginning with the 21-22 season:

https://www.thecchl.ca/commitment-al...ate-university

Comment

Also nice to see Calder get another 3 goals this weekend. He sure has come on strong lately.

Comment

Congratulations to Calder (forward) and Riedell (defenseman) on winning WCHA Player of the Week honors.

Comment

Crawford and Lake State’s AD briefly talked about the new league at the intermission and the AD said something to the effect like Crawford would really like the news. I wonder what that meant. Crawford finished his degree at Western Michigan...pure speculation on my part, but could the Broncos be joining the new league perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                        Crawford and Lake State’s AD briefly talked about the new league at the intermission and the AD said something to the effect like Crawford would really like the news. I wonder what that meant. Crawford finished his degree at Western Michigan...pure speculation on my part, but could the Broncos be joining the new league perhaps?
                        I don't see Western or Miami leaving the NCHC. I think they would already have had to put in their resignation to the NCHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          I don't see Western or Miami leaving the NCHC. I think they would already have had to put in their resignation to the NCHC.
                          I agree. Better chance I think Minnesota State goes to the NCHC with Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            I agree. Better chance I think Minnesota State goes to the NCHC with Arizona State.
                            A few years ago, many NCHC members wanted Minnesota State in. Western and Miami would only agree to admit another "western" team if an "eastern" team was also admitted...…..meaning BG. The CCHA was geographically great for Western and now imagine their travel costs with Miami being the only league bus ride game.

As it is now, Minnesota State and Arizona State seem likely to get in the tourney most years. In the NCHC, it would be tougher sledding even though they always get at least three teams in and occasionally 4 or even 5.
                            Last edited by Sugarisland; 02-15-2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              I went back and listened to the convo again. They had a long talk about the game in the Canadian Soo and then the AD slipped in a really brief nugget about the new league as Crawford was running out of time and had to go to break.

AD Paitson: I won't get into detail but the new hockey league will have some news out this week I think you'll be interested in.
                              Crawford: Well, that's what we were just talking about in the first period and that'll be great to hear that. It's been pretty quiet on that front.
                              AD: I think you'll enjoy this one.

I guess it's hard to get anything out on it other than there will be some news very soon, and Crawford will like the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                                Lakers are no longer a known or followed entity on the Canadian side. I will be pleasantly surprised if the game draws over 1000 people.
                                Well we were both way off. The attendance was close to 3,200 so it seems like the GFL game was a success.

Comment

Working...
                                X