LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if I want UAA to make the playoffs. Yes, they were .02 seconds away from beating Mankato a few weeks ago, but that is not going to happen in the playoffs. They are gonna get killed.
    Playoff experience is very valuable for young players.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Playoff experience is very valuable for young players.
      Yeah, so I've been told.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Very interesting postgame. Damon was very unhappy saying NMU was playing the game the wrong way.

Despite the loss at least the Lakers won the Cappo Cup. With the Lakers guaranteed to finish 7th, perhaps Damon will give Seth Eisele a start next weekend and give Mitens a rest before the playoffs.
        I wonder. Do you think it would be better if they red shirt Seth this year? He hasn't played a minute. I think they are going to ride Mitens all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by CDB View Post
          I wonder. Do you think it would be better if they red shirt Seth this year? He hasn't played a minute. I think they are going to ride Mitens all the way.
          This subject came up on one of the Laker Hockey Shows a little while back and I think Damon said it was being considered but no decision had been made yet. I assume Seth has input to the decision also. I believe football red shirt rules were changed such that a player can play in a few games and still red shirt. I don't think that applies to hockey but I don't really know for sure. Perhaps someone else knows what the rule is for hockey and will chime in. If Damon is going to play Seth at all this season, this coming weekend would be the time to put him in. The Lakers are locked into 7th position going into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            This subject came up on one of the Laker Hockey Shows a little while back and I think Damon said it was being considered but no decision had been made yet. I assume Seth has input to the decision also. I believe football red shirt rules were changed such that a player can play in a few games and still red shirt. I don't think that applies to hockey but I don't really know for sure. Perhaps someone else knows what the rule is for hockey and will chime in. If Damon is going to play Seth at all this season, this coming weekend would be the time to put him in. The Lakers are locked into 7th position going into the playoffs.
            I think a player can apply for a medical redshirt if their season is ended with an injury and they have only played in 25% of the games or less. I would think if Seth starts a game next weekend, they would not be able to redshirt him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
              I think a player can apply for a medical redshirt if their season is ended with an injury and they have only played in 25% of the games or less. I would think if Seth starts a game next weekend, they would not be able to redshirt him.
              If you even play in a single game in the second half of the season, you burn the redshirt. Ray Brice was injured on his first shift of a game in January, and even though it was his first game of the season it cost him an entire year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Very interesting postgame. Damon was very unhappy saying NMU was playing the game the wrong way.

Despite the loss at least the Lakers won the Cappo Cup. With the Lakers guaranteed to finish 7th, perhaps Damon will give Seth Eisele a start next weekend and give Mitens a rest before the playoffs.
                I don't know. NMU kicked our asses Saturday. The Lakers looked gasses from Friday. I don't know where Damon is getting that they played the game the wrong way but I do think that says a lot about him, personally.

Can't say I'm holding out hope for a sweep against Ferris, but hopefully we end up in Bemidji this season. Give us a break from Mankato spanking us.
                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                  I don't know. NMU kicked our asses Saturday. The Lakers looked gasses from Friday. I don't know where Damon is getting that they played the game the wrong way but I do think that says a lot about him, personally.

Can't say I'm holding out hope for a sweep against Ferris, but hopefully we end up in Bemidji this season. Give us a break from Mankato spanking us.
                  Maybe they need to train more on cardio and weights .

Comment

When Miami rejoins the CCHA down the road,the league will be a much better conference .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      Maybe they need to train more on cardio and weights .
                      I know they were for a good cause, but I blame the jerseys. LSSU in light blue just didn’t look right.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post

There were several instances in the 3rd period of the game where NMU players blatantly slashed the upper back/legs of Laker players and one dangerous one where a NMU player threw his stick at a Laker defensman as he skated by.

It was one game and I think there were alot of players on both sides frustrated by alot of things over the weekend, but I am not sure Damon is necessarily wrong to be upset about some of the things that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          When Miami rejoins the CCHA down the road,the league will be a much better conference .
                          Don't hold your breath on this one. Miami was very instrumental in forming the NCHC. In addition, the exit fee is $1.5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarisland View Post
                            Don't hold your breath on this one. Miami was very instrumental in forming the NCHC. In addition, the exit fee is $1.5 million.
                            Most of the speculation about Miami coming to the CCHA involves a 2 for 2 trade with Miami and Western joining the CCHA and Mankato and Bemidji joining the NCHC, with a possible waiver from the NCHC for the exit fees. Obviously if there is no waiver, then that makes that event less likely, at least in the short term. There also seems to be a lot of conjecture that Miami would like to join the CCHA but Western does not want to. If that's true and if a waiver is a possibility, who's to say there couldn't be a 1 for 1 trade with Miami coming to the CCHA and Mankato going to the NCHC. (That could even happen if Miami did come up with the money for the NCHC exit fee if there was no waiver). That would tighten up the NCHC geographic footprint somewhat. And if St Thomas does wind up joining the CCHA, that would give Bemidji a logical partner in the Western portion of the CCHA.

Comment

The NaCHo does not want Bemidji. WMU's inflated sense of self-worth makes them highly unlikely to leave.

For the league's strength, does it make sense to trade an elite team like Minnesota State for a bottom feeder like Miami? Or would Miami drastically improve by dropping out of a difficult league? Does BG want their in-state rival with them? Would Tech and NMU trade the much shorter bus ride to Mankato for the longer slog to Oxford?

All questions and observations that need to be factored in.

Comment

Money. Money will dictate what teams will do with the leagues . Some of us said when the CCHA was shut down that it would be back due to what the cost of joining the revamped WCHA was going to cost everyone. Money talks and bull sht walks .

Comment

Working...
                                X