Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    That may be true...there is still a HUGE difference between her and Republicans. If you honestly cant see that there is no hope for you.

(I assume you can as can cf)
    When she again claims that we have to elect him out not impeach him...when he is clearly doing all he can to interfere in those elections...the difference between her and them is getting smaller.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

This attack on Greta Thunberg makes me wonder if there is a competition among folks like D’Souza, Lewandowski, Carlson and other loathesome Trumpists to audition for the next Despicable Me movie. Even Trump knows better than to personally attack a 16 year old white girl, but that pardon didn't come without strings.

And speaking of Goebbels, who makes better and more frequent use of Goebbels "“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" than Trump?
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

The **** is his actual point?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          That she, and all liberals, are Nazis.

Comment

This is his point.

The idea of people willingly misled offends our notion of man as rational. A more accurate representation of the psychology of the Third Reich would be to conceive of a partnership in wishful thinking in which the masses were self-deluded as well as other-deluded. Persuasion in such cases offers an idea of solidarity and the target of that persuasion is more co-conspirator than victim, an invitation to share in the creation of a hyperbolic fiction. Successful persuasion in business, media, or government, does not make the error of asking for belief. It makes no pretense of objectivity. The notion of persuasion as “manipulative” evokes a passive recipient and a hypodermic or stimulus-response form; but a more sophisticated idea is that of an invocation to partnership.

Thus, the Third Reich was the emanation of a collective as well as an individual’s imagination. Submersible parts of the ideology, such as the antagonism to religion, the euthanasia campaign, the massacre of Jews, could all have been discovered by the determined enquirer. One theory advanced as an explanation of this is that of group narcissism, which is described by historian and psychologist Jay Y. Gonen as one of the most important sources of human aggression: “In a world that is seen through a narcissistic tunnel vision, only oneself or one’s group has any rights.”
            That is the Nazism of contemporary American "conservatism." It explains Dump and Hannity and Fox and Charlottesville and kids in cages and rolling coal.

Hitler’s chief architect, Albert Speer, told the Nuremberg Tribunal “that what distinguished the Third Reich from all previous dictatorships was its use of all the means of communication to sustain itself and to deprive its objects of the power of independent thought.”
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              That may be true...there is still a HUGE difference between her and Republicans. If you honestly cant see that there is no hope for you.

(I assume you can as can cf)
              Obviously there's a difference but it's not a big one. People who don't actively fight fascists aren't a whole lot better, it at all better, than those who actively do support it in terms of what they're actually accomplishing/doing and that becomes even more true when they have more power than the average person to do so. The only way it's defeated is through sheer willpower and fighting it every step of the way and everyone who isn't doing that (especially those with the most power and responsibility to do so) is also enabling it to grow further.

Comment

I just can't believe someone from a Nordic country looks Nordic.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

I just can't believe someone from a Nordic country looks Nordic.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/22/...-biden-ukraine

That’s because one of the most prominent cases of official corruption that Shokin had failed to pursue was against a former environment and natural resources minister, Mykola Zlochevsky, who had oversight of all Ukrainian energy firms, including the largest independent gas company, Burisma, which he secretly controlled through shell companies in Cyprus. After Zlochevsky was forced from office in 2014 — in the popular uprising that toppled a pro-Russian president, Viktor Yanukovych, and forced his political adviser, Paul Manafort, to look elsewhere for work — Burisma appointed Hunter Biden to its board.

Shokin’s reluctance to pursue Zlochevsky was loudly condemned by the Obama administration shortly before Biden traveled to Ukraine at the end of 2015. In a speech to the Odessa Financial Forum that September, U.S. Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt complained that the chief prosecutor’s office had “undermined prosecutors working on legitimate corruption cases,” like, for example, “the case of former Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevsky.”

“Shokin was fired,” the executive director of Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Action Center, Daria Kaleniuk, told me in May, “because he failed to do investigations of corruption and economic crimes of President Yanukovych and his close associates, including Zlochevsky, and basically it was the big demand within society in Ukraine, including our organization and many other organizations, to get rid of this guy.”
                    Biden's son's tenure doesn't even overlap with the issue with the firm.

KDR

Comment

Pardoning that ********* was impeachable.

Come on, House. Get off your *** and do something.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This should be a question at the next Dem debate, and every candidate who says anything other than it is 100% treason with no prevarication should be booted from consideration.

Maybe the Dems can nominate Weld.
                        "The only penalty for treason is death."

Wow, he went there.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Obviously there's a difference but it's not a big one. People who don't actively fight fascists aren't a whole lot better, it at all better, than those who actively do support it in terms of what they're actually accomplishing/doing and that becomes even more true when they have more power than the average person to do so. The only way it's defeated is through sheer willpower and fighting it every step of the way and everyone who isn't doing that (especially those with the most power and responsibility to do so) is also enabling it to grow further.
                          If there are eight people sitting at a table having dinner and one reveals that he is a Nazi and the other seven continue eating their meal, there are eight Nazis at that table.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            "The only penalty for treason is death."

Wow, he went there.
                            And by having a spine to do so, eliminates him from ever being a Democrat.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/22/...-biden-ukraine

Biden's son's tenure doesn't even overlap with the issue with the firm.
                              And after that prosecutor was replaced, as Biden and pretty much every major democracy in the west were pushing for, the new prosecutor opened another investigation into Burisma while Biden was there, and again, came up with nothing involving him.

So according to Rudy, Joe Biden pressured the Ukraine government to fire a prosecutor who wouldn't look into his son's company, and replace him with one who did look into his son's company.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Dump tweeted he wants to know what side the whistleblower is on.
                                Then said he’ll get Nobel peace if it’s awarded fairly.

So it’s early Monday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X