Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Either a subpoena has teeth or it's worth less than the paper it's printed on.

The judiciary has the US Marshalls to enforce its orders. It's not political for Congress to have its own law enforcement too.
    It worries the f-ck out of me.

The judiciary I can see -- there is at least some degree of integrity there. But the legislature? All we need is Mitch McConnell starting to issue letters of marque* and arresting everybody who doesn't comply.

How about this, then? Dump tells x to ignore a House subpoena. House passes request for compliance to the judiciary. Federal judge orders x to appear or be arrested.

That would make me a lot happier since there's at least a judicial circuit breaker.

* Don't actually remember what these are.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-18-2019, 12:22 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      I like how he keeps saying "SAFER" over and over like that will make it so.
      See also "WINNING."

That's Dump's game and with the Dumpies it actually works. Think of how he said "the Obama economy is terrible" and they believed that, then took exactly the same metrics and said "my economy is great" and they turned on a dime.

Dump knows that with stupid people you can simply speak facts into existence.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

How about this, then? Dump tells x to ignore a House subpoena. House passes request for compliance to the judiciary. Federal judge orders x to appear or be arrested.

That would make me a lot happier since there's at least a judicial circuit breaker.
        Isn't that the process now? Congress rules someone in contempt and then it gets referred to a federal court, although I'm not sure if its solely dependent on the DOJ to take up the issue.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Car companies have already stated that they're not going to rollback their emissions standards - it'd cost more than continuing to produce what's already in their vehicles.
        Correct. This whole thing is a farce. Car companies aren't going to start making cars which pollute more in order to jack off a lunatic who has a good chance of being voted out in a year and replaced by someone who will impose even stricter emissions standards. This is purely a headline grab/own the libs ploy.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          1935. Since then cases have been referred to the DOJ. Time to bring back old traditions.
          It's what the founders wanted!
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Lol

“The Pentagon warned of a series of dire outcomes unless Congress paid for urgently needed military construction projects around the country — the same projects that have now been canceled to fund President Trump’s border wall.”
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...3fe_story.html

Comment

'Netan who? Oh, I think we passed each other in a hallway once. Handed me a cup of coffee or something...'
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Still trying to get people killed: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...partied-on-911

President Donald Trump on Wednesday used his Twitter account to boost a baseless smear claiming that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) danced at an event last week on the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks, a claim that’s based on footage that wasn’t actually taken from that day.

Trump’s tweet circulated a video from conservative personality Terrence Williams, in which Williams declared that Omar “partied on the anniversary of 9/11.” In his video, Williams comments on footage of the Muslim congresswoman dancing and fumes that she’s disrespecting the memory of the Sept. 11 attacks.

But the footage of Omar dancing actually came from a Sept. 13 event hosted by the Congressional Black Caucus and wasn’t taken on the 11th, as Williams and Trump wrongly claimed.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So no one, anywhere in this country, partied on 9/11? No one had some people over, went out to a club or bar, got chit-faced, maybe sang some karaoke? Anywhere?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    So no one, anywhere in this country, partied on 9/11? No one had some people over, went out to a club or bar, got chit-faced, maybe sang some karaoke? Anywhere?
                    Does bragging about your building now being the tallest count?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Does bragging about your building now being the tallest count?
                      9/11 just last week.

But yeah, Trump's a doosh, only concerned with how events affect him. Like that wasn't obvious?

How people can look at that guy and see anything to admire or respect or look up to, I just don't know.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The judiciary I can see -- there is at least some degree of integrity there. But the legislature? All we need is Mitch McConnell starting to issue letters of marque* and arresting everybody who doesn't comply.

A letter of marque basically allows the bearer to commit acts of piracy against enemy merchant ships during wartime.

Comment

No because Federal Justices are political appointments and we have seen how they cant stay impartial anymore these days.

What is the point of being held in "Contempt of Congress" if there is no consequences to go along with it?

Congress has every right to enforce the laws inside their hearings. The FBI has quit and wont even investigate anything even when people beg to talk to them...someone needs to be willing to hold these people to account. If you arent willing to let Congress do it then what and the heck are we even going through the charade for? Do you think all of a sudden people are going to grow a conscience and defy Trump? Of course not and since nothing can happen to them for covering for him why should they?

I get your fear...but sometimes you need Chemo to get rid of the cancer. These people have their hands in everything...just playing it straight isnt going to do it.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Kind of funny that Graham and Trump are fighting over Iran...Donald better remind him he still has the pictures
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Kepler Read This

But it does not look like he will face any real consequences, and this is becoming a serious problem for the Democrats. No True Believer Trumpist is going to come to a Democratic committee hearing and answer questions in good faith. (In the Republican Senate, the hearings won't be held at all.) Even the more traditional Republican figures involved, like Don McGahn, have used all the tools at their disposal to avoid testifying and would probably use more to avoid talking if they were dragged in. Democrats will have to decide if it is worth it to call witnesses who are consumed with the authoritarian impulse, and if it is, they must be prepared to meet them with legal force—a move which risks making them a martyr and boosting their appeal with The Base. But force is what people like Lewandowski respond to. There have to be concrete consequences, or his lizard brain will see no downside to lying and obfuscating and trolling until the clock runs out. Things like ethics or the truth, of course, are for *******s.
                              Here's a guy who might be about to launch a Senate bid openly admitting he regularly lies in public. The people who railed day and night for years about Hillary Clinton's use of private email for official business got into office and proceeded to use private email for official business. Ivanka Trump claimed she was unfamiliar with the rules! We are in different territory now, and we will continue to sink deeper into the abyss if the only other political party we have does not wise up and realize it's in the fight of its life against the forces of authoritarianism. That goes for mainstream media, too, which still prints what these incurable shiiitheads say with reckless abandon, and, in the case of CNN, invites them on after they just told you they lie to the media all the time.

It's time for anyone who cares about the concept of objective reality to get a grip on the fact that while the rest of us are playing soccer, these folks have picked up the ball and are playing rugby. It might be time to use your hands.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Where are our security hawks?

Comment

Working...
                                X