UAH Hockey 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2019-20

I remember I used to complain about UAH only having one camera. But at least that one was level and not operated like "dad-cam".

And what's with the graphic on every. Single. Whistle.

Show me this band I hear. Or a bench. Or a bloody replay.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
      Thanks, done.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

To echo JJM....if anyone on this thread has any sway...ahem, cough,cough....please for the love of all that is sacred STOP THE ANNOYING GRAPHICS!!!!!! Just let the camera roll....there were times when the clock was running and I was staring at a “Make Some Noise” graphic and thinking inappropriate words out loud...

Comment

I would bet that more time was spent in total showing graphics than was shown with game play.
          Your guys deserved the win tonight. Our guys did not.

Comment

I think you will see some more wins from here on. Especially if they play as hard as they did Saturday.

Comment

The Heisenberg site is showing a new recruit for next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...arty-westhaver

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                The Heisenberg site is showing a new recruit for next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...arty-westhaver
                Yep...here's more on Westhaver: https://www.timescolonist.com/sports...oll-1.24070727

Right now we have six forwards slated to come in next season: https://uahhockey.com/commitments/
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Hi. We have some BG folks heading to Huntsville for the final weekend and they're looking for dining recommendations, things to do, etc. I know this has been posted on this forum in the past but I couldn't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                    Hi. We have some BG folks heading to Huntsville for the final weekend and they're looking for dining recommendations, things to do, etc. I know this has been posted on this forum in the past but I couldn't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
                    Go to the NASA Space Museum!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      Well, it's forever changing. What kinds of things are you looking for: barbecue? beer? fine dining (well, what passes for it here)?

Staying downtown is generally a good idea, if a bit more expensive, as some places are within walking distance of the arena and others are within walking distance of bars, restaurants, etc. Otherwise, I would stay in the Providence or Bridge Street areas, which are both mixed-use areas with hotels, restaurants, etc. (I would actually go for Providence over Bridge Street, which I wouldn't have said two years ago.) Staying in Madison is getting better, but it's still the suburb. [I live there, I can rip on it.]

[Just stay away from any hotels between Jordan Lane and Memorial Parkway on University Drive. You can thank me later.]

There's some touristy stuff downtown. Hockey John noted that the US Space and Rocket Center is probably our prime attraction, and our private partner does bring tours out here to NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. I will be working overnight shifts on those days, so I won't be at the games, but I could potentially meet a group that came out later in the afternoon on Saturday.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

from Bemidji

"Alabama Huntsville is the zombie program of men’s college hockey. Nothing can kill the Chargers."

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sport...ainst-all-odds

Comment

This is a great interview with Sheldon. In addition to obvious other members of the new UAH Hockey "Advisory Committee" like Taso, Cam, and Joe Ritch; there are two interesting "big-time" names. One is Brent Flahr, V.P. and Assistant G.M. of the Flyers. The other is Sean Henry, President and C.E.O. of the Predators. Nathan was not mentioned; but there are five more unfilled spots, and his Total Package Hockey will surely contribute. The "big-time" name who is known to have an interest in UAH hockey and who I hope they can recruit to participate is Louis Lamoriello.

Sheldon's dedication to UAH is similar to Cam's; they both claim that UAH gave them an opportunity to play college hockey after all of the other programs had passed on them. Another piece of information which was interesting to hear was that Shane Prestegard gave both Taso and him jobs in the recruiting business when their Canadian immigration status was preventing them from finding jobs in the U.S.

On the "finding a conference" front, UAH was one of the topics at a recent Atlantic Hockey meeting. There are apparently voices there which don't want to see UAH go away. Not mentioned in the interview (as I recall) is that they need to fill the spot left when UConn recently moved to Hockey East, leaving an odd number of 11 teams. The AHA includes Army and Air Force as well as former CHA competitors Robert Morris and Niagara.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7597457-...he-show-6-2-20

Comment

For any who may be interested and are not aware, here are the two Facebook sites with the most UAH status information.

https://www.facebook.com/UAHHockey

https://www.facebook.com/saveUAHhockey

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                              On the "finding a conference" front, UAH was one of the topics at a recent Atlantic Hockey meeting. There are apparently voices there which don't want to see UAH go away. Not mentioned in the interview (as I recall) is that they need to fill the spot left when UConn recently moved to Hockey East, leaving an odd number of 11 teams. The AHA includes Army and Air Force as well as former CHA competitors Robert Morris and Niagara.
                              How long will AHA wait on Navy to **** or get off the pot? Are they finally sick of waiting? Would the addition of LIU help UAH in that AHA could eventually expand to 14 teams?
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                                How long will AHA wait on Navy to **** or get off the pot? Are they finally sick of waiting? Would the addition of LIU help UAH in that AHA could eventually expand to 14 teams?
                                Has anyone actually associated with Navy ever said anything about them wanting a D-I hockey team? As far as I've seen the only people saying they are going D-I are hockey fans on message boards. Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly didn't see LIU hockey coming, but hockey is not normally something that just appears out of the thin air due to the costs and facility involved.
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X