Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2019-20

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Fire Mike Corbett. I love the guy, but this program is performing worse, results-wise, than they did a season after folding the program during the season before bringing it back. Yes, EJ Brophy did his dead-level best to kill the program, but UAH has fared better with worse talent, even under Corbett. I have alumni complain to me about schemes. I have boosters telling me that they don't know where the program is headed.

UAH needs a change. I don't think that doing it during the season is worthwhile or merited, but ... good Lord, UAH needs a change.

GFM
    After last year I thought Corbett was turning it around. Sigh.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I can't watch it any longer, don't sit in the press box/volunteer, and will not be donating any money either. The turnovers are unbecoming, fundamentals non-existent, and there is little hint of goal scoring. Recruiting has been terrible. New rink or not, how are we out-recruited by Army, Holy Cross, pick anyone else. Corbett is not the only one who needs to go, there is another common denominator.

Comment

UAH is D-I's lone winless team.

GFM
        As much as I want to come in here and say something witty, I just can't kick y'alls when you are down...... Please get better so this rivalry will be fun again!

Oh, and I still hate Huntsville!
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I’m looking forward to heading down to Huntsville for the series this weekend. Besides the Space and Rocket Center, what are some other cant-miss items to put on my itinerary? I’m definitely going to squeeze in a bit of golf if I can as well.

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
            I’m looking forward to heading down to Huntsville for the series this weekend. Besides the Space and Rocket Center, what are some other cant-miss items to put on my itinerary? I’m definitely going to squeeze in a bit of golf if I can as well.
            Sorry, I had family in town or I would've met up with you and gotten you a personal NASA tour.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sorry, I had family in town or I would've met up with you and gotten you a personal NASA tour.

GFM
              No worries - I found plenty to do!

Comment

I hope that these aren't the program parameters that the school expects the boosters to support going forward.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

I hope that these aren't the program parameters that the school expects the boosters to support going forward.

GFM
                  What did I miss?
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                    What did I miss?
                    UAH is now 1-19-4 and picked up just the one point in Anchorage. They're eleven league points out of 8th (UAA has the tiebreaker) with ten games left.

They finish with Michigan Tech and Alaska, at Lake Superior and Minnesota State, and with Bowling Green. I don't think that there are 11 points there. I'm not even sure that there are seven points to pass Ferris State to get into 9th spot.

After a run of two seasons where they won 30% of their games, they've won nine games in two seasons. The Chargers have sustained 20+ losses in 15 seasons: two in 1989-90 and 1990-91 (UAH's first independent D-I experience) and all but one season since 2006-07 (UAH's season in 2009-10 that included just 29 regular season contests).

We face a conundrum, the same that we did in the fall of 2012: does the school support the program when the backing of the boosters is uncertain, and do the backers support the program when the backing of the school is uncertain?

https://www.uscho.com/stats/history/...key/2019-2020/ — would you want that team in your conference? Northern Michigan, the lone victim of the Chargers this year, might inform you that, nay, you might not.

I just don't want for September to come around and the boosters to be getting emails about donations for the umpteenth locker room renovation while the coaches work with bare bones budgets for salary, travel, and especially recruiting travel. I hope that EJ Brophy didn't try to wreck every varsity athletic program at UAH like he did to hockey.

Our coaches deserve better.
                    Our players deserve better.
                    Our boosters deserve betting.
                    The fans deserve better.
                    The townies and curious bystanders deserve better.

My optimism from 2014 is nearly gone. http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/01/11...-dame-5-uah-0/

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH is now 1-19-4 and picked up just the one point in Anchorage. They're eleven league points out of 8th (UAA has the tiebreaker) with ten games left.

They finish with Michigan Tech and Alaska, at Lake Superior and Minnesota State, and with Bowling Green. I don't think that there are 11 points there. I'm not even sure that there are seven points to pass Ferris State to get into 9th spot.

After a run of two seasons where they won 30% of their games, they've won nine games in two seasons. The Chargers have sustained 20+ losses in 15 seasons: two in 1989-90 and 1990-91 (UAH's first independent D-I experience) and all but one season since 2006-07 (UAH's season in 2009-10 that included just 29 regular season contests).

We face a conundrum, the same that we did in the fall of 2012: does the school support the program when the backing of the boosters is uncertain, and do the backers support the program when the backing of the school is uncertain?

https://www.uscho.com/stats/history/...key/2019-2020/ — would you want that team in your conference? Northern Michigan, the lone victim of the Chargers this year, might inform you that, nay, you might not.

I just don't want for September to come around and the boosters to be getting emails about donations for the umpteenth locker room renovation while the coaches work with bare bones budgets for salary, travel, and especially recruiting travel. I hope that EJ Brophy didn't try to wreck every varsity athletic program at UAH like he did to hockey.

Our coaches deserve better.
                      Our players deserve better.
                      Our boosters deserve betting.
                      The fans deserve better.
                      The townies and curious bystanders deserve better.

My optimism from 2014 is nearly gone. http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/01/11...-dame-5-uah-0/

GFM
                      Gotcha. I was picturing some demands from the University for donors. I don't blame you. UAH has shown zero institutional support for hockey in well over a decade. It's a real shame.
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                        Gotcha. I was picturing some demands from the University for donors. I don't blame you. UAH has shown zero institutional support for hockey in well over a decade. It's a real shame.
                        I wouldn't say zero.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

If I were to buy season tickets, would that help?
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            If I were to buy season tickets, would that help?
                            Sure.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sure.

GFM
                              Do you have a link? is it thru the university or the arena?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Do you have a link? is it thru the university or the arena?
                                The university (single-game tickets are through the arena):

https://uahchargers.com/news/2019/8/...-sale-now.aspx
                                https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...CJgUA/viewform
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X