Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    On the way home I listened to Motzko's post-game comments, and let's just say he was NOT a happy camper.
    We may see some line changes again tonight as he tries to find that right combo of skill and grit. I'm waiting for Brannon McManus to find his scoring groove. He was good last season. I really like Ben Meyers, he could evolve into a dynamic scoring threat. HIGHLIGHTS
    Last edited by SteveO; 10-19-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Pick me!!
      Me too!
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Some random thoughts from last night:
        1. The Gophers may not play well at all times but they always are playing with passion
        2. There were no lines for the bathrooms
        3. The goalie was stellar
        4. Sammy Walker is fantastic
        5. I got out of the parking ramp quickly
        6. My son bought me a malt cup

Good game overall.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

chocolate or vanilla?

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            chocolate or vanilla?
            Is this a trick question?

Comment

Sweep!
              Potential downside is Nanne was not on the bench in the 3rd and no word yet as to why.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Is this a trick question?
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOrOMVFCbs

Obligatory.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  Sweep!
                  Potential downside is Nanne was not on the bench in the 3rd and no word yet as to why.
                  In his post-game comments Motzko said Nanne was injured while delivering a big hit on a Niagara player. He tried to go after that ("He's a really tough kid") but was not at full strength and sat the rest of the game. But preliminary doctor exam post-game indicates nothing too serious. They'll know more on Monday or Tuesday.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

From the USCHO write-up for the weekend:

10. A B1G start

The Big Ten was 8-2-0 on the weekend against nonconference opponents, bolstering its inter-conference record after two weeks to 16-6-2 for the best (.708) win percentage so far in Division I.
                    Obviously this doesn't mean it's the best conference in any way, but it can only help (if mostly maintained) when the PWR starts becoming a factor next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Obviously this doesn't mean it's the best conference in any way, but it can only help (if mostly maintained) when the PWR starts becoming a factor next year.
                      Yes a small sample size and it's still early in the season, but there's little question that it's a promising start for the B1G

Comment

Gophers sneak in at No. 20 in today's poll. With their 1-3 start the two-time defending national champion Bulldogs fall to No. 8. Of course this means nothing, other than the experts still judging UMD to be the better team.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

There is no question that gaining split would be a major accomplishment for the young Gophers. After last season's early loss and tie there is also little question that the Dogs will be out to right the ship and seek revenge against their in-state rival.

Comment

Gophers sneak in at No. 20 in today's poll. With their 1-3 start the two-time defending national champion Bulldogs fall to No. 8. Of course this means nothing, other than the experts still judging UMD to be the better team.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

There is no question that gaining split would be a major accomplishment for the young Gophers. After last season's early loss and tie there is also little question that the Dogs will be out to right the ship and seek revenge against their in-state rival.
                          UMD is 1-3 and they were severely outplayed by the BADgers last weekend. They'll come out of the gate strong Friday night, desperate for a W. I expect a hard fought series. But I think the Gophers will defend home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            I expect a hard fought series. But I think the Gophers will defend home ice.
                            Sure hope you're right!

Comment

Sure hope you're right!
                              So do I. Despite a few miscues, I like what I see. Their resilence and energy earned them three come from behind wins and the new guys are beginning to step up and contribute. LaFontaine has been very good in net, and sees this as a chance to showcase his talent against the defending champion. His previous two seasons in the NCAA were not good. So he's got something to prove.

UMD will probably run a 1-2-2 forecheck, so Nanne jumping up in the rush and getting pucks behind the Bulldogs D will be keys to zone time for the Gophers. Gopher PP is at 31.25% and ranked 6th in the nation. UMD has struggled on the PP (16.6%) and the PK . I think with the pace and physicality, the Gopher PP could be a game changer. Good test for this team and all things considered they've got a shot at defending home ice.
                              Last edited by SteveO; 10-24-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Game day!!

Comment

Working...
                                X