Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Very hard to believe. Considering that North Dakota did not start its hockey program until 1946.
    You know, I was thinkin' the same thing "that can't be right". Normally I try to double check on stats. Where I went wrong was trusting the Grand Forks Herald. Fake news.

"The Minnesota Gophers will renew their 90-year-old rivalry with Fighting Hawks on Thanksgiving night this year, will play 8 of their 10 November games at home."

Meyers, J. (2019, June 5). Gopher hockey schedule features Thanksgiving home game vs. UND. Grand Forks Herald. Retrieved November 26, 2019, from https://www.grandforksherald.com

Comment

Good luck to the Gophers. They'll have to be at their best to beat the Bison.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        You know, I was thinkin' the same thing "that can't be right". Normally I try to double check on stats. Where I went wrong was trusting the Grand Forks Herald. Fake news.
        I don't see anywhere on the site you quoted that discusses North Dakota having a program before 1946. It looks like you are quoting Jess Myers...who covers Gophers hockey IINM.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Im a little surprised they televise the club hockey games. But hey, I guess if you're going to count the wins for the varsity program, might as well televise it, right!
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            I don't see anywhere on the site you quoted that discusses North Dakota having a program before 1946. It looks like you are quoting Jess Myers...who covers Gophers hockey IINM.
            Gotta use the right search phrases my friend. Myers reports on the Gophers as well as other college teams and works for Forum Communications Co. which owns the Grand Forks Herald as well as the Fargo radio station WDAY-AM 970 and four television stations in North Dakota, all affiliated with ABC. The incorrect statement I quoted is in the first line of the article, so the GFH editorial staff fell asleep at the wheel on this one and provided no footnote on the error and correction.

Comment

Nice pink M. Seems fitting
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Comment

Gotta use the right search phrases my friend. Myers reports on the Gophers as well as other college teams and works for Forum Communications Co. which owns the Grand Forks Herald as well as the Fargo radio station WDAY-AM 970 and four television stations in North Dakota, all affiliated with ABC. The incorrect statement I quoted is in the first line of the article, so the GFH editorial staff fell asleep at the wheel on this one and provided no footnote on the error and correction.
                  At least we all agree that Jess Myers is a hack and the statement is incorrect.

Now, will the Gophers be wearing pink uniforms to match their new pink logo?
                  North Dakota

Comment

Gotta love it when the Gophers score and Whioux players drop to their knees and stay there >>> SWEET

Comment

Gotta love it when the Gophers score and Whioux players drop to their knees and stay there >>> SWEET
                      That one did hurt and I called it as they were breaking out of their zone. But then karma got the goofs against Union. Those 0.6 second t shirts bit ya in the ***. That eased the pain tremendously as the goofs are still stuck at 5
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        At least we all agree that Jess Myers is a hack and the statement is incorrect.

Now, will the Gophers be wearing pink uniforms to match their new pink logo?
                        Only if your monitor is equally off color as the one that captioned your Bison logo.

Comment

Only if your monitor is equally off color as the one that captioned your Bison logo.
                          I'm not a fan of Bison club hockey. But dont let that distract your program from counting victories over club teams towards their totals. Unfortunately for Gopher fans, they dont get counted for Pairwise purposes.
                          North Dakota

Comment

I'm not a fan of Bison club hockey. But dont let that distract your program from counting victories over club teams towards their totals. Unfortunately for Gopher fans, they dont get counted for Pairwise purposes.
                            Well played
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Well played
                              Are we playing golf here or what?
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Your what hurts?

Comment

Working...
                                X