Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

A lot of positives to take from that game. They never lacked hustle, they overcame some godawful officiating (including a very solid job on the PK), they played excellent team defense and seem to be settling in on stabilizing their line combos. For such a young team (youngest in the country according to the broadcast) the fact the defense is playing so well is very encouraging. Obviously the offense and PP need significant work, but the foundation imho is there. Thank goodness for BTN games because so far they're the only games I've found a way to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      I hate to say I told you so...oh wait, no I don't!
      Yeah, no fooling! I was gonna comment on this last night after two but that would have meant getting up for something other than food or beer.
      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        I think Motzko may have found the formula for the third line: Burke/Nelson/Perbix. I don't like Reedy on the top line with Sammy and McLaughlin. 2 pts on the Nelson OT goal...we'll take it.
        IMHO they have been the team's best line for three games in row. All three are showing a nice combo of skill and grit and my man crush on Perbix just continues to grow.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Great weekend for the Gophers, only gave up one point to a very good U-Mi team.
          Sammy Walker rowing the boat after his first goal was outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            I believe that was McManus, but you're right it was outstanding!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
              I believe that was McManus, but you're right it was outstanding!
              Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                That's PJs mantra...Motzko needs to get his own. Any ideas?? Steer your moped?

Comment

There was a great video of the hockey players watching the end of the game and they went nuts when MN made the pick.
                  Heard Coyle on the radio this morning, he said he was getting text messages from all The U's coaches after the game. The Row The Boat culture is permeating the campus and athletic programs and it's pretty **** cool IMHO.

Comment

I mentioned this on GPL....

The hockey team is like the Borg from Star Trek Next Generation: learn, adapt, dominate. We've seen the adapting in the tUMD series, and now the MI series.....
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The forwards need to do more in the defensive end, on a more consistent basis. Still too much standing around and not doing enough to help cover open guys.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        The forwards need to do more in the defensive end, on a more consistent basis. Still too much standing around and not doing enough to help cover open guys.
                        They better row that boat back this weekend with Penn St. Conditioning, grit and more cowbell. For the sixth season in a row the Happy Valley bunch lead the nation in SOGF/GP. That's gotta be a record. Someone should check their water bottles.

Comment

GAMEDAY! First away game of the season for the Nittany Pups. Over last two seasons, Gophers are 2-8 against Penn St. Time to break that trendline.

Motzko's game plan: Backcheck, hard forecheck, be physical, box out, improve a declining PP%, puck support, score first, hold the lead, carb up and skate your *** off all weekend. LaFontaine and Moe will see a lot of pucks. Any predictions?

Comment

Oh no you di'int!

Comment

Hauqhahahahaha
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Motzko's game plan: Backcheck, hard forecheck, be physical, box out, improve a declining PP%, puck support, score first, hold the lead, carb up and skate your *** off all weekend. LaFontaine and Moe will see a lot of pucks. Any predictions?
                                If the team does everything that Bob is telling them to do I predict 10-0 Gophers.

Comment

Working...
                                X