Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Season ticket holders will help, but more so will be consistently winning - which they should have - to get no shows in the building.

Comment

These announcers keep talking about tying Penn State and sharing the title but I have yet to hear them say who owns the tiebreaker. Given the Big Ten tournament format, that's kinda a big deal...

Comment

I just want a banner
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The trophy should be at Mariucci tomorrow since PSU is off. If not, that's a fail from the Big Ten.

Comment

100%
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Gophers had a slow start, but dug in and dominated play in the second and third. Gophers had more opportunities to score in this game than in any other. But Mann as the man for Mich. stopping 48 Gopher shots, the most SOG for the Gophers this season.

Looks like determining the final B1G standings will come right down to the last games of the season for teams tomorrow night. If the Gophers win they'll be the #2 seed and play Wis. at Mariucci in a best of three next weekend. If the Gophers lose and OSU, ND both win, the Gophers lose the tie breaker (most B1G wins) and fall to 5th place; and will be on the road next weekend for the playoffs. A Gopher tie will lock up home ice. Gophers must win tomorrow night with a shot at #12 in the PWR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                The trophy should be at Mariucci tomorrow since PSU is off. If not, that's a fail from the Big Ten.
                You care that much about sharing the title when PSU has tiebreaker (someone finally mentioned it after game)?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  You care that much about sharing the title when PSU has tiebreaker (someone finally mentioned it after game)?
                  A banner is a banner, and the Big Ten as a conference needs things to improve for UMN and uw or it will continue to flounder.

Comment

Fair enough. I am curious what you guys think of the Big Ten playoff format. The #1 seed comes off a bye and then it's not even a best of 3, just a one game semifinal. If they're gonna keep the on campus format with semis and title game separate weekends, has there been any talk of making the semifinal round best of 3? Just curious what you think best format would be.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Fair enough. I am curious what you guys think of the Big Ten playoff format. The #1 seed comes off a bye and then it's not even a best of 3, just a one game semifinal. If they're gonna keep the on campus format with semis and title game separate weekends, has there been any talk of making the semifinal round best of 3? Just curious what you think best format would be.
                      Of course best of 3 is always better. If we could have best of threes in the NCAA tournament most people would want that, too. Idk if it's a too many games thing or what, but ya the one game semi isn't ideal but it is what it is.

Comment

One reason the Big Ten opted for the single-game semifinal was the potential for arena conflicts at schools like Wisconsin and Ohio State that have multi-purpose arenas used to host other events
                        - Dilks, Chris (September 30, 2016). "Big Ten Officially Approves On-Campus Playoffs". SB Nation.

Comment

Despite the meh finish, tonight's game was about as exciting as any Gopher fan could hope for. So much drama, so many Grade A "almost" chances, it was something to behold. By all rights, it was a game the Gophers could have/should have won...but was not meant to be. Standings and post-season considerations aside, it was one helluva game for Gopher fans to be in attendance and witness.

Hoping for a better ending tomorrow evening...
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Despite the meh finish, tonight's game was about as exciting as any Gopher fan could hope for. So much drama, so many Grade A "almost" chances, it was something to behold. By all rights, it was a game the Gophers could have/should have won...but was not meant to be. Standings and post-season considerations aside, it was one helluva game for Gopher fans to be in attendance and witness.

Hoping for a better ending tomorrow evening...
                            A lot riding on tonight's game. A Gopher win is a must and puts us at #12 in the PWR with home ice. A Gopher win and a OSU loss and we can jump into #11. OSU has struggled lately at 3-5-1 in their last 9 games.

In addition, if BSU (MN owns the comparison) loses to MSUM (high probability) and OSU loses (low probability), the Gophers could jump to #10! If that happens and we win the first round in the B1G tourney, the Gophers are in the NCAAs regardless of what happens in the semi. Go Gophers AND (never thought I'd say it) Go BADgers

Comment

I wouldn't count on the Beavers losing to Mankato. Bemidji has won that matchup twice already this season, and it is being played up there.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I wouldn't count on the Beavers losing to Mankato. Bemidji has won that matchup twice already this season, and it is being played up there.
                                H2H: 2-2-0. They match up well, but MSUM is better in every stat. category. MSUM is unbeaten when leading after two periods (26-0-0), but BSU is not far behind (17-1-2). I think both teams leave everything on the ice tonight. I'd love to see this game live.

Stakes are high for BSU and a win means a share of the MacNaughton Cup. But I think MSUM prevails as the stronger high scoring team and wins the title.

Comment

Working...
                                X