Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Essentially get a free beer in Zone 3 (since normal ticket price is 25), or save $5 on a beer in Zone 4 (normal ticket price is 20).
    Still a great deal for someone who would buy a $10.50 beer anyway ($25.00 - $10.50 = $14.50 for the ticket!).
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I would also assume that most people buying beers are buying at least 2. Two 16 ouncers at 10 bucks instead of 20 is still probably decent profit for the school. This was a no brainer promotion.

Comment

I would also assume that most people buying beers are buying at least 2.
        At $10.50 each I'm not so sure about that. Personally I've only purchased one total since they started selling it.

This was a no brainer promotion.
        We'll find out on Feb 7 & 8 how well it works!

Comment

Morgan Freeman:It won’t.

My bet is the school has screwed themselves hard and not just short term, but long term. That cache they built up over 100 years is gone.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It won't make a material difference. We can only hope for a bit of momentum going into next season.

Realistic high end goal should be 2 games with 8,000 paid attendance and 2 games with 8,500 paid attendance.

Scanned ticket goal of at least 6,000 in two of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

My bet is the school has screwed themselves hard and not just short term, but long term. That cache they built up over 100 years is gone.
              Not sure. They're certainly not going to get fan excitement all the way back anytime soon, but my impression from watching on TV was there was more buzz at the OSU games than the average we've seen the past few years. If they screw around record wise for the rest of the season then the momentum will stall, but keep it going and they might show signs of baby steps into next season.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                You are telling me a ticket for a gopher game is between 70-100 bucks?
                For the two remaining series in the Morgue this year, MSU on the 7th & 8th, and then Ann Arbor on the 28th and 29th. Tickets are $20-30 and $30-60, respectively.

https://gophersports.evenue.net/cgi-...dParent=MHO-SG
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  For the two remaining series in the Morgue this year, MSU on the 7th & 8th, and then Ann Arbor on the 28th and 29th. Tickets are $20-30 and $30-60, respectively.

https://gophersports.evenue.net/cgi-...dParent=MHO-SG
                  Huh? What's the Morgue?
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Unlike other schools Minnesota's history with hockey can come back.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      Not if most potential fans share the same pessimistic attitude that some have here!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        Didn't say it couldn't. I"m very hopeful that Motzko or his successor will get it done.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Keys this weekend, mostly obvious:
                          -Convert on 20-25% of PP. Gophers have been BRUTAL in conference PP (12.8%), but badgers are worst in conference PK (71.2%)
                          -Stay out of the box. badger PP is obviously dangerous. Gophers don't take many penalties so keep that up.
                          -Get shots. For as frustrating as Gopher goalies have been at times, uw goalies seem to be worse...
                          -Stop Caufield. Few superstars show out against the Gophers even in recent down years. Try to limit him to one goal on the weekend.
                          -Keep it simple. Hopefully play like last weekend.

Comment

Keys this weekend, mostly obvious:
                            -Convert on 20-25% of PP. Gophers have been BRUTAL in conference PP (12.8%), but badgers are worst in conference PK (71.2%)
                            -Stay out of the box. badger PP is obviously dangerous. Gophers don't take many penalties so keep that up.
                            -Get shots. For as frustrating as Gopher goalies have been at times, uw goalies seem to be worse...
                            -Stop Caufield. Few superstars show out against the Gophers even in recent down years. Try to limit him to one goal on the weekend.
                            -Keep it simple. Hopefully play like last weekend.
                            -AND FINALLY, it's WisconSIN. Need we say more?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              -AND FINALLY, it's WisconSIN. Need we say more?
                              No, when you say WisconSIN, you said it all!!!
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Congrats on a minimum of 4 conference points.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X