• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Pitchforks & torches.
    Yep. They are out for blood right now.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I said the same things for the most part. Especially the hook with the bent stick. My god, I’ve never seen that much effort put into a hook before.

Then there was the crotch shot by that little ****er doogie.

Frank and Doug were biased but they would have been all over the crotch shot of a gopher did it.
      frank and Doug clearly rooted for the home team, as do most announcers announcing for a primarily home audience. But they did tend to call penalties as they saw them, calling out weak calls or missed calls pretty much equally both ways. Doug also offered more play analysis in a period than the WI guys probably do in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Pitchforks & torches.
        Rope, you forgot rope.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Rope, you forgot rope.
          Rope....I always forget the rope part.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Big series coming up. Will the Gophers continue along their recent climb out of the cellar or...

Comment

Gophers have had trouble shutting down dominant lines in recent years. They've been good at shutting down superstar players. MSU comes in with a dominant line.

But seriously, it's Michigan State. They're not that good. Penn State is the best hockey team in the conference. Everyone else is sweepable. If the Gophers keep it simple and play the way they've been playing this is a sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Big series coming up. Will the Gophers continue along their recent climb out of the cellar or...
                ...well they have finally made it fun to watch this year.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Another solid effort. Stringing things together.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

First place! Who would have thought possible after the first half?

https://www.uscho.com/standings/big-ten/2019-2020/
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Like I said, all these Big Ten teams are sweepable if they keep it simple and play their game except PSU who have the Gophers' number. That's not to say the Gophers couldn't sweep them, just that even playing well they may not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        beating on the cheeseheads, beating on the cheeseheads...
                        Settle to score.

Comment

The defense has really been coming around. Let's keep hope they keep this going.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            First place! Who would have thought possible after the first half?

https://www.uscho.com/standings/big-ten/2019-2020/
                            They are a younger team with talent. Typically that means more improvement over a season than a team built with older players.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              They are a younger team with talent. Typically that means more improvement over a season than a team built with older players.
                              Same could be said about Wisconsin, but obviously they've gone in the opposite direction! Which, I suppose, is why you prefaced with "typically".
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I am loving watching this team develop. They are getting back to being fun to watch. Don't look away or you missed it kind of fun.

It seems to me that one of the things that has been missing for the last ten to fifteen years is the chaos and opportunism that speed and unpredictability creates. There were still some missed chances last night, but there also enough capitalized on to keep MSU a step off their game.

Matzko is turning this into a team that has some serious sizzle.
                                "We all got it comin', kid." -William Munny

Comment

Working...
                                X