Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It was pathetic. I’m glad wooger didn’t see it.
    That’s to bad. Wooger is a legend and it should of been standing room only last night. Heck if I lived there and not 350 miles away I’d been there and I’m far from a gopher fan but I am a huge Wooger fan. Classy guy for sure
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by Regulators15 View Post
      Just to clarify and not to be snarky, but what was pathetic - the attendance? Attendance has been down at Mariucci for quite some time right?
      IIRC, scanned tix are down 24% from last year.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Awesome. I hope the Mooch was full
        Far from it, but they did sell 8,426 tickets. Every school save North Dakota and Wisconsin would love to sell that many!

That said, no-shows continue to be a problem. Last night I would guess there were 2,000 of them. However that number should start to decline if the team continues on their current improvement path.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Ouch
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That’s to bad. Wooger is a legend and it should of been standing room only last night. Heck if I lived there and not 350 miles away I’d been there and I’m far from a gopher fan but I am a huge Wooger fan. Classy guy for sure
            Yeah. They broke the mold with him.

I remember his service that was open to the public was SRO. Loved by the community. Having to pay $70-$100 to pay your respects is understandably a tough pill to swallow.

Would have been a nice gesture to open it up to the public with a little more affordability.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-26-2020, 03:48 PM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Nope.

Scans were down 24% last year from 17-18.

"The attendance numbers have bounced back a little bit in Motzko’s second season with the Gophers. Through the first half of the season Minnesota average announced attendance was 8,283 with scanned totals averaging 5,733."

This is likely thanks to a huge number of Whioux fans in one series, as well as the great WCHA schedule in the early part of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Yeah. They broke the mold with him.

I remember his service that was open to the public was SRO. Loved by the community. Having to pay $70-$100 to pay your respects is understandably a tough pill to swallow.

Would have been a nice gesture to open it up to the public with a little more affordability.
                You are telling me a ticket for a gopher game is between 70-100 bucks?
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  Nope.

Scans were down 24% last year from 17-18.

"The attendance numbers have bounced back a little bit in Motzko’s second season with the Gophers. Through the first half of the season Minnesota average announced attendance was 8,283 with scanned totals averaging 5,733."

This is likely thanks to a huge number of Whioux fans in one series, as well as the great WCHA schedule in the early part of the year.
                  Sure thing eeyore.

Comment

About 12 home games through time of article.

Paid attendace for UND games: 8.5K and 9.8K
                    Estimated Whioux fans in attendance (scanned): About 3K at least each night

(3,000 + 3,000) / 12 = 500 additional scanned tickets per night at time of article

Difference from last year at time of article: +449 per game (5,733 - 5,284)

Comment

It's up there. Some of the most expensive tix in the country.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

False. For the UND game, yes. Not for this weekend. Last series of year against UM starts at 30 bucks. So OSU game would have been the same or cheaper.

Comment

Right on Icehawk. He is a legend and the place should have been rocking. Considering the way attendance ( and relative apathy ) the program has suffered over the last decade, I am not surprised. I have to say that some other posters indicated that Woog would have been down on the attendance last night, but I think that wouldn't have fazed him. His sense of humor would have prevailed. The product on the ice is what would have garnered his attention and the team did him proud, all weekend.
                          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Would have been 11 in the PWR with one win against UMD and one win against UND.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Last night. Along with a tribute, the Gophers' nameplates on the jerseys were "Wooger."
                              I started the game late and skipped missed any preliminary stuff. When I saw that everyone had on a Wooger jersey, I honestly teared up. Doug unfortunately never got the trophy, but I think he was more deserving than most. As I watched the game, I must have said out loud to myself ( there may have been a barley pop or six in me ), now THAT'S some Wooger hockey! It was a real treat to watch that kind of play while I reminisced about the man.
                              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Last year when I was bringing my now fiancée to single games, Ohio state was $60 before fees.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X