Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Tyler Nanne earned his C last night with a textbook definition of an offensive/defenseman. This is how it's done!
    After all the criticism Tyler's received over the course of the year, most of which was overdone IMO, it was great to see him make such a fantastic play in such an important game. Good for him!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      After all the criticism Tyler's received over the course of the year, most of which was overdone IMO, it was great to see him make such a fantastic play in such an important game. Good for him!
      The name Nanne in Minnesota carries a lot of expectations. No doubt he's had some bumps in the road on D, but I think Tyler's improved over four years from the gunslinger taking the puck in alone to a more balanced Dman with an offensive upside who isn't afraid to give up the body to take a stinger. That might be the most complete play I've ever seen from Nanne.

Comment

That succked! Sick of losing to Pedo St. Hate losing 2 goal leads. Hate being back in position that they might have to win tourney to get in.

Comment

They gave that one away. Stopped skating and went into prevent mode rather than trying to step on PSU's throat in the 3rd. The tying goal was terrible defense with 3 players watching the guy with the puck leaving the goal scorer all alone behind all of them, then the go ahead goal was total puck watching. Their 1 PP was more of a Power Outage and on the road against a solid team with 10 seniors...

Need to sweep UMi next weekend.

Comment

One step forward, two steps back it seems. You cannot possibly give up 99 shots in a two game series and expect to win anything, even a point which they somehow did. I think the team is still one year away from making some noise in the NCCA Tournament.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              They gave that one away. Stopped skating and went into prevent mode rather than trying to step on PSU's throat in the 3rd. The tying goal was terrible defense with 3 players watching the guy with the puck leaving the goal scorer all alone behind all of them, then the go ahead goal was total puck watching. Their 1 PP was more of a Power Outage and on the road against a solid team with 10 seniors...

Need to sweep UMi next weekend.
              Exactly. Gophers missed a golden opportunity tonight to advance in the B1G standings and PWR. I suspect Raboin's defensive game plan for the series was keep Penn shots on the perimeter and box out the middle. If so, the Gopher D didn't get it done all weekend and gave away too much zone time to Penn. The puck watching was obvious and the offense seemed gassed after the first.

A win and a tie against Mich will still put the Gophers in a good spot in the PWR (#12-13) going into the B1G tourney. A first round bye is still a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                E
                A win and a tie against Mich will still put the Gophers in a good spot in the PWR (#12-13) going into the B1G tourney. A first round bye is still a possibility.
                Where are you getting this info? We went from needing to go 3-1 and get a win in the Big Ten semifinal, to 1-1-2 putting us in a "good spot".

From what I've heard even with a sweep next week, and praying uw gets a point... we probably need to win the stupid conf tournament now.

Comment

A judicious Markov Monte Carlo chain model analysis with prescribed stationary probability distributions of Bayesian inference within the 4th band. However, since posterior probabilities in this case are a consequence of two antecedents: a prior probability and a "likelihood function", other permutations may account for the variance. In other words, there's still a lot of hockey to be played.

Comment

Does anyone remember a gopher coach named Thomas Adrahtas? Asking for a friend.
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Where are you getting this info? We went from needing to go 3-1 and get a win in the Big Ten semifinal, to 1-1-2 putting us in a "good spot".

From what I've heard even with a sweep next week, and praying uw gets a point... we probably need to win the stupid conf tournament now.
                      What happened was that Wisconsin did us a big favor against ASU, and WMU, Northeastern and Lowell all had bad weekends. A win and a tie vs Michigan actually would do us pretty well, and, barring an OSU sweep, would win us the BIG if we won the shootout. 2 wins would be much better, and would, at this point, all but assure us of a place in the Dance, unless strange things happened in the conf tourneys.

ETA: Currently, Minn is 15 in the PWR.

Above them are: BSU, NE, and ASU. ASU is done with their sched. A W/T finish by Minnesota puts us ahead of them (barely). BSU has to play Mankato twice, so good luck to them. Their RPI probably falls, but we win the compare with them regardless of RPI. Northeastern plays Vermont, so any tie, even, there, will be a detriment to their RPI.

Below: WMU, Lowell, Notre Dame, and Maine. WMU plays NoDak (enough said). Lowell plays New Hampshire which is similar to playing Vermont. Not so much to gain, really. NoDame plays MSU, and I find it difficult to believe NoDame will sweep. Maine...Providence one game each of the next 2 weeks. Again, I doubt we would see a sweep there.

So, basically, a W/T finish is going to be a big upside for the Gophers. 2 Ws, and we very likely win the BIG, and even a semi-final loss at Mariucci wouldn't hurt us.
                      Last edited by Numbers; 02-25-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                        Does anyone remember a gopher coach named Thomas Adrahtas? Asking for a friend.
                        I don't, but I was two or three years old. Which was young even for him, it seems.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I don't, but I was two or three years old. Which was young even for him, it seems.
                          He was cited in an ESPN article for being a very “hands on coach” and until today I’ve never heard of him.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            He was cited in an ESPN article for being a very “hands on coach” and until today I’ve never heard of him.
                            He was only there one season, 84-85. The U has opened an investigation as well.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                              What happened was that Wisconsin did us a big favor against ASU, and WMU, Northeastern and Lowell all had bad weekends. A win and a tie vs Michigan actually would do us pretty well, and, barring an OSU sweep, would win us the BIG if we won the shootout. 2 wins would be much better, and would, at this point, all but assure us of a place in the Dance, unless strange things happened in the conf tourneys.

ETA: Currently, Minn is 15 in the PWR.

Above them are: BSU, NE, and ASU. ASU is done with their sched. A W/T finish by Minnesota puts us ahead of them (barely). BSU has to play Mankato twice, so good luck to them. Their RPI probably falls, but we win the compare with them regardless of RPI. Northeastern plays Vermont, so any tie, even, there, will be a detriment to their RPI.

Below: WMU, Lowell, Notre Dame, and Maine. WMU plays NoDak (enough said). Lowell plays New Hampshire which is similar to playing Vermont. Not so much to gain, really. NoDame plays MSU, and I find it difficult to believe NoDame will sweep. Maine...Providence one game each of the next 2 weeks. Again, I doubt we would see a sweep there.

So, basically, a W/T finish is going to be a big upside for the Gophers. 2 Ws, and we very likely win the BIG, and even a semi-final loss at Mariucci wouldn't hurt us.
                              Nice synopsis guy, and I agree with most of it. Gophers are #14 PWR/46 PCWs. Mich has been hot over the last 10 games, so I don't see the Gophers sweeping Mich. If Gophers W/T (+ QWB) vs Mich, we win a PCW from ASU (47) and leap frog to #13. We've already won the comparison with BSU and I think they drop down to #13-14 if they are swept by MSUM. With at least a Gopher W/T, we could win a PCW from NE. So the cards are on the Gophers side and at 48 PCWs we could get to #12 going into the B1G tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post

A win and a tie (SO win) doesn't give us the 1 seed barring OSU sweep. The same result from OSU lets them jump us because they have more conf wins.

Also, I approach this "strange things happen" note with Murphy's Law for the Gophers based on what happened a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X