Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's great day for hockey! SO pumped to smell Labahn again, see all the cardinal and white and hear the sounds of live hockey. It tingles the senses.

Let's go RED!
    Tim, where do you usually park when you attend the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
      Tim, where do you usually park when you attend the games.
      Lot 91.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

On twittersphere, UW has hinted that the ladies will not be wearing the flying W's tonight, but some sort of alternate jersey. It's hard to beat the flying W.

Comment

On twittersphere, UW has hinted that the ladies will not be wearing the flying W's tonight, but some sort of alternate jersey. It's hard to beat the flying W.
          Pretty sure the official name is the 'motion W'.

I LOVED these jerseys (though they are more cardinal and creme than cardinal and white). Worn only for 2014 Fill The Bowl and one other time (that I know of, and I don't recall the occasion for that one other time). The "Field House Crest' filling in for the motion W. For the next couple years, you would see relatives of the players wearing them at LaBahn from time to time. I'd have bought one in a heartbeat if they had ever sold them.

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wis...014-attendance

One more reason tonight will be interesting...

Edit: a better look at those jerseys here

https://uwbadgers.com/galleries/?gallery=386
          Last edited by robertearle; 10-04-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I LOVED these jerseys (though they are more cardinal and creme than cardinal and white). Worn only for 2014 Fill The Bowl and one other time (that I know of, and I don't recall the occasion for that one other time). The "Field House Crest' filling in for the motion W. For the next couple years, you would see relatives of the players wearing them at LaBahn from time to time. I'd have bought one in a heartbeat if they had ever sold them.

Motion W, Duh Tim. What was I thinking!?

Not a fan of the crest jersies, and not the tan ones as all. But that's just silly old me.

Let's go RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are these the ones they wore out in Colorado Springs a few years ago?
              It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Tim, I kind of like the new sweaters, as an alternate. Too close to the men's team, I like it that they have their own identity. I hope they stay with the Motion Dub, and WEAR WHITE AT HOME!

Maddie P with her first ever goal. Brian was quite excited with the call on FoxWI.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Tim, I kind of like the new sweaters, as an alternate. Too close to the men's team, I like it that they have their own identity. I hope they stay with the Motion Dub, and WEAR WHITE AT HOME!

Maddie P with her first ever goal. Brian was quite excited with the call on FoxWI.
                  Yeah, you could feel the fatherly pride through the TV for the rest of the game. Great moment that Lepay and others in the Badgers-related media are sharing around the twittersphere

Comment

The rest of the Posick family - mom, sister and I don't know who else - were sitting more or less across the aisle from me, And they were making lots of noise *before* the goal happened. MUCH jumping up and down and high-fiving when the goal came. And between periods, dad got to come down for a minute to give them all a hug and another round of high-fives. It was great.

Generally, with him working men's games and her either playing 4th line or not at all, the chances that he'd be there AND doing TV were pretty darn low. Wonderful how it worked out.

Comment

The rest of the Posick family - mom, sister and I don't know who else - were sitting more or less across the aisle from me, And they were making lots of noise *before* the goal happened. MUCH jumping up and down and high-fiving when the goal came. And between periods, dad got to come down for a minute to give them all a hug and another round of high-fives. It was great.

Generally, with him working men's games and her either playing 4th line or not at all, the chances that he'd be there AND doing TV were pretty darn low. Wonderful how it worked out.
                      Good things happen to good people. I know him a little...he's good people.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                        Are these the ones they wore out in Colorado Springs a few years ago?
                        YES! Thank you. I knew there was one other time, but couldn't remember what or when.

Same year, BU and Northeastern in Vail Co.

https://www.vaildaily.com/sports/wis...-northeastern/

Comment

Mentioned in the Wisconsin State Journal article on Sunday morning:

"The last even-strength goal the Badgers have allowed was in the second period of last season's WCHA semifinals."

Comment

The jerseys were fine as an alternate. I like when they wear red at home on occasion, but prefer the whites at home.

Thoughts on the games...

Friday PSU came out flat, their goalie play was weak and the got run out of the barn. Reffing was actually fine.

Saturday they were bolstered by the 2 1st period pp's that suppressed UW's game and played a lot better overall. Reffing sucked this night. No infractions on PSU at all, really? (aside for a matching where Norby was totally innocent yet she got sent to the box too). Thankfully the disparity on penalties didn't get PSU a goal that would have gave them hope. AND in the first, an early whistle denied UW a goal on a trickle through the pads play.

Watts/Roque/SS is a special special line. I know the competition the first 4 games was weak, but man o life those 3 ooze chemistry. Watts can score from anywhere, she has such quick hands and reads the play so perfectly. That Roque to Watts goal in the 1st on Saturday just stunning how easy those 2 made it look. Watts also backchecks as one would expect a responsible F to backcheck.

I'm a little bummed that GS and Greig didn't catch my eyes much at all over the weekend. Greig did have a couple nice sequences Saturday night. I'm thinking she and GS should switch spots on the 3rd/4th line. I think Greig is ready to do more with better players like Curl was last year.

Awesome to see Posick score that goal of course. Overall the 4th line didn't get in much trouble and got some good playing time which is a good thing. Posick's speed is noticeably better.

Edwards had a few wanky moments Friday early, but then she settled down the rest of the weekend. She played on the PP and PK, so great to see a Fr get those chances. I did not notice Grant one way or another.

Awesome to see Cece get almost a whole period Friday. Soup was fantastic Saturday, she saw some decent chances.

Comment

Yeah and no band for the banner raising. What a bunch of losers the band is. What else was going on Friday night?

Comment

Reffing sucked this night. No infractions on PSU at all, really? (aside for a matching where Norby was totally innocent yet she got sent to the box too).
                                Norby got called for letting another player put her in a headlock - two minutes right there

I wondered about the refs and how much WCHA refs let go. That play was kind of interesting in that Katie McMillan, the headlocker, was teammates with Presley Norby, the headlockee, at Minnetonka a year apart. I couldn't believe Norby got the box with McMillan...for what?

Comment

Working...
                                X