X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's a Great Day For Hockey!
    I would have thought you'd be in the throws of a wicked thinner hangover after last night.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      I would have thought you'd be in the throws of a wicked thinner hangover after last night.
      Packers? I'm a fan, but nearly like I am for UW Hockey.

Let's go RED!
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Love the insight. On an unrelated note, Watt in the would is going on with the VB team?
        Oh man. I came over here to get away from the VB disappointment

Comment

Packers? I'm a fan, but nearly like I am for UW Hockey.

Let's go RED!
          If anyone watches this online I’d love an update about the new Lindenwood rink, and lighting, existence of replays etc. Lindenwood is in tough as Coach Looney makes her debut. She recently hired Kristie Kehoe as assistant coach (NU 11 grad). One of the assistants from last year is still a coach, however Whitaker, who was the goalie coach moved on. I expect Sophie Wolf will get the start in net, she’s not bad if she can see the puck, but with the Lindenwood d zone coverage last year, she was guessing through screens a lot. Lindenwood lost 2 of their point leaders over the summer to Colgate and QU, so offense has its work cut out as well.

Nice to be back in hockey season!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            If anyone watches this online I’d love an update about the new Lindenwood rink, and lighting, existence of replays etc. Lindenwood is in tough as Coach Looney makes her debut. She recently hired Kristie Kehoe as assistant coach (NU 11 grad). One of the assistants from last year is still a coach, however Whitaker, who was the goalie coach moved on. I expect Sophie Wolf will get the start in net, she’s not bad if she can see the puck, but with the Lindenwood d zone coverage last year, she was guessing through screens a lot. Lindenwood lost 2 of their point leaders over the summer to Colgate and QU, so offense has its work cut out as well.

Nice to be back in hockey season!
            We didn't get any replays online, but it was a good feed, even if you had to pay $11 for a 24 hour pass. The rink looks very nice (especially if you compare it to where the 2017 FF was played) and it was bright. The game was easy to watch online with only a few times where the cameraperson was taking a nap. I'd seen some people very excited online, so I got a false sense that folks would show up for this game and the opening of the new arena, but it looked like there were more Badger fans there than Lindenwood fans.
            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
              We didn't get any replays online, but it was a good feed, even if you had to pay $11 for a 24 hour pass. The rink looks very nice (especially if you compare it to where the 2017 FF was played) and it was bright. The game was easy to watch online with only a few times where the cameraperson was taking a nap. I'd seen some people very excited online, so I got a false sense that folks would show up for this game and the opening of the new arena, but it looked like there were more Badger fans there than Lindenwood fans.
              Thank you for the update, NMH. I got to see a bit of the rink on Wisconsin’s Instagram - it does look very nice. Even as far as NHL practice rinks go, that’s got to be one of the nicer ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                Thank you for the update, NMH. I got to see a bit of the rink on Wisconsin’s Instagram - it does look very nice. Even as far as NHL practice rinks go, that’s got to be one of the nicer ones.
                This is a pretty good view of the whole rink - https://***********/Kenyonm80/status...96157945032704

Comment

Solid start for UW. Outshot Lindenwood by an average per game of 42-15. PP on fire @ 50%, PK ok @ 80%. Great to see 8 players lite the lamp. Watts was 2g 2a, awesome to see her slide right into being productive. Lines were Saturday (don't know about Friday, no one bother post for UW and no one answered my begging for them). Shots per line next to each.

Watts Roque SS 20
                  Pettet Curl Norby 25
                  Mauermann GS Schneider 12
                  Greig Drake Posick 16

Bowly Steffen
                  Lamantia Buchbinder
                  Grant Rowe
                  Edwards

All the D pairs were new, that was interesting.

Comment

Solid start for UW. Outshot Lindenwood by an average per game of 42-15. PP on fire @ 50%, PK ok @ 80%. Great to see 8 players lite the lamp. Watts was 2g 2a, awesome to see her slide right into being productive. Lines were Saturday (don't know about Friday, no one bother post for UW and no one answered my begging for them). Shots per line next to each.

Watts Roque SS 20
                    Pettet Curl Norby 25
                    Mauermann GS Schneider 12
                    Greig Drake Posick 16

Bowly Steffen
                    Lamantia Buchbinder
                    Grant Rowe
                    Edwards

All the D pairs were new, that was interesting.
                    You mean these lines that the Badgers tweeted and I retweeted?
                    https://***********/BadgerWHockey/st...20051090300928

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                      You mean these lines that the Badgers tweeted and I retweeted?
                      https://***********/BadgerWHockey/st...20051090300928
                      I saw that one Saturday, but not Friday.

Comment

I saw that one Saturday, but not Friday.
                        The tweeted lineups on Friday had the second line as 'Curl-Pettit-Norby', while the Saturday tweet had 'Pettit-Curl-Norby', as if they had swapped a wing and the center. But if you look at the faceoff stats, on both days while Curl did take a few, Pettit took many more. Everything else was the same both tweets (I'm pretty sure).

Comment

Great to see 8 players lite the lamp.
                          On Saturday, two goals from the first line, two from the second line, and two from the third line; six different individual scorers.

Comment

MJ said in the sometimes weekly presser that Greig could have scored 5 or 6 goals Saturday, she was putting herself in great spots to score. It also tells me the 4th line had some great chemistry. Now will they be able to do this when the competition gets tougher? We shall see. I'm not sure PSU is > Lindenwood, but it will in week 3 for sure. He also said that the 2 Fr D handled things well in some dicey situations. He did not mention GS when asked about the Fr, but we won't over-react to that. She did have 4 SOG.

Can't wait to see the banner go up Friday night and see how they update the video montage to include this title.

Comment

It's great day for hockey! SO pumped to smell Labahn again, see all the cardinal and white and hear the sounds of live hockey. It tingles the senses.

Let's go RED!

Comment

It's great day for hockey! SO pumped to smell Labahn again, see all the cardinal and white and hear the sounds of live hockey. It tingles the senses.

Let's go RED!
                                Don't worry, the thinner will take care of that tingle...
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X