Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

MJ said in his presser this week that in the scrimmage they had he had Watts playing with Roque and Sophie Shaver. He chuckled and said they looked pretty good together. They may lock out the F list for all wcha at the end of the season if those 3 play together all season. Once he rolls out the lines he doesn't do a lot of changes unless there are injuries, and even then he won't juggle lines too much, just more plug and play. It was different last year as he moved Curl up the line-up as the season went on.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Got the tickets in the mail yesterday. I've got 2 double dip Saturdays planned for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
        This is a first: Tickets have been on sale for 3 days, and the Minnesota series is already sold out.

Went down to the ticket office this morning to pick up all the tickets for all the games I'm planning to get to this year, and made that discovery.

So if anyone's got extras for that game, let me know! (I guess I should go back to buying season tickets, even though I can usually only get to at most half of the games.)

Also interesting that Fill the Bowl isn't available yet - so I'm guessing they're still deciding if they'll do reserved tickets for the lower level again.
        What day are you looking for, I may have two available. We got season tickets for both games through the season, not sure how that happened The problem is, we are not sure at the moment which day we are going to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          MJ said in his presser this week that in the scrimmage they had he had Watts playing with Roque and Sophie Shaver. He chuckled and said they looked pretty good together. They may lock out the F list for all wcha at the end of the season if those 3 play together all season. Once he rolls out the lines he doesn't do a lot of changes unless there are injuries, and even then he won't juggle lines too much, just more plug and play. It was different last year as he moved Curl up the line-up as the season went on.
          I thought Shaver graduated

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
            I thought
            Key phrase right there in comparison to you know who...
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
              I thought Shaver graduated
              She's on the Kessel Plan.

Comment

Some unofficial line combos as gleaned by someone in the building yesterday....

Watts Roque SS
                Curl Pettet Norby
                Mauermann GS Schenider

Which leaves the 4th line a mix of Greig, Drake, Devito, Posick, Hanzlik, Rowe. Based on who has played in the past, plus the new players I'd guess Greig, Drake and Rowe for the 4th line. If Rowe goes D, then insert Posick. But you never know how an off-season of improvement could shake up the past to the present with these players. Super bummed not to be able to see the games this weekend to get my eyes on how they look.

Comment

Badgers need to find their 3rd center! Roque, Schneider and Drake are the 3 I see for sure...one of the newcomers might need to play center. Not sure any of the returners are really fit for the position

Comment

4th center! With that said, can Drake play top 9 minutes or is she 4th line center AGAIN??

Comment

Originally posted by gordie&wayne View Post
                      Badgers need to find their 3rd center! Roque, Schneider and Drake are the 3 I see for sure...one of the newcomers might need to play center. Not sure any of the returners are really fit for the position
                      MJ has Grace Shirley as the 3rd C, so Drake could be the 4th. It would be interesting to see her Pettet's spot. Sometimes playing with more dynamic players brings out a player's skill set, just look at Curl last year. Anyway, the first 4 games the 4th line should see a decent amount of ice, or they will choose to roll with 3 and build that chemistry prior to the OSU trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Some unofficial line combos as gleaned by someone in the building yesterday....

Watts Roque SS
                        Curl Pettet Norby
                        Mauermann GS Schenider
                        Others can weigh in on how big a deal it might or might not be, but both Mauermann and Schneider are 'left' shots. Is that as big a deal on a third line? Is it not a big deal even if it were a 1st or 2nd line?

(IIRC, back when I had looked, Mauermann had more 'faceoff time' in the past than most of the others - besides Roque, of course - so I thought maybe she'd be centering a line. Yeah, she's small, but 'pound for pound' as tough as there is on the team. The wild-azz guess I wrote down back then was Curl-Roque-SS, Watts-Mauermann-Norby, Schneider-Greig-GS, and Drake-Pettit-Posick.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          Others can weigh in on how big a deal it might or might not be, but both Mauermann and Schneider are 'left' shots. Is that as big a deal on a third line? Is it not a big deal even if it were a 1st or 2nd line?
                          Both wings were right-handed shots for the top line in Gophers' history. I think the level of impact is mostly in terms of how comfortable a player is in playing her off wing and being able to make and receive passes on her backhand. Obviously, a center has to do that as well, so by this point in their careers, I think it is something that most players are able to handle. The plus side is the player on her off wing has a better angle on her shot.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            The plus side is the player on her off wing has a better angle on her shot.
                            Which especially helps with one-timers.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Which especially helps with one-timers.
                              Thanks to you and ARM for the replies.

Comment

It's a Great Day For Hockey!

Comment

Working...
                                X