Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
    #8 Maddie Rowe, I really don't like putting anybody under down or under the bus so some say, but I really don't understand why they keep trotting her out on the ice. She has to be the slowest player on the team not counting the goalies (although I wonder), her passes usually are to nobody but an open space on the ice, she all most seems scared to screw up and half the time she does.
    I think you should delete this post...whereas criticism is ok and even compelling in this forum.. I think calling her out to this degree was unnecessary...but.. obviously it’s your choice.

Comment

Yikes. I am curious why anyone who does not like to push people under the bus not only pushes a college student under the bus, but backs up and drives over her again. These are not professional athletes; they are kids who are playing a game ,and they don't deserve to be treated like this. You know you have crossed the line when you have me defending Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        To the extent that I contributed in a situation where pokechecker felt it necessary to instruct us on the correct use of punctuation, I'm very sorry.
        yes, that is how low it has gotten in Madison
        and Gopher fans once again having to defend Badger players from their fans

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
        Yikes. I am curious why anyone who does not like to push people under the bus not only pushes a college student under the bus, but backs up and drives over her again. These are not professional athletes; they are kids who are playing a game ,and they don't deserve to be treated like this. You know you have crossed the line when you have me defending Badgers.
        all this likely a result of those cheeseheads who bought tickets thinking this year was going to be a cake walk
        Last edited by pokechecker; 11-18-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I was just curious if it was a Freshman or not. I saw Grant was out of the line-up Sunday and DeVito was in, I was curious if it was due to that or not. Rowe has been a great asset to the team since she has played both F and D over the years, a rather selfless act. Yes, she isn't the most fleet of skate and yes the rodent fans pointed out she was a liability against them, but I haven't paid that much attention to her specifically otherwise. I trust Koch is playing the most capable players @ D, that's his job.

I tell you what, do you know who has really gained speed this year? Posick. Her skating as improved tremendously.

I don't think its wrong to discuss players who make mistakes are long as you are being nice about it. They play in a public place for anyone to watch, so it's ok to discuss the good with the bad. They know they mess up when they mess up, it's not a big secret.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It was very interesting that they really shuffled the deck with the lower 3 lines over the weekend.

Saturday
            Curl Pettet Schneider
            Greig GS Norby
            Mauermann Drake Posick

Sunday
            Mauermann Pettet Curl
            Schneider Drake Norby
            Greig GS Posick

Nice to see Mauermann and Pettet score Sunday, they will need supporting scoring if they want to do some damage at the end of the year. Obviously they have no intention to break up the big 3.

Comment

Yikes! Giving up 5 goals to St. Cloud? WOW. The pk has gone bad the last 4 games, allowing 27.27272727% success rate. That's a big number when you play anyone, let alone St. Cloud and Kato. That's not going to cut it against the #8 and #11 teams in the country on the road this weekend.

The ongoing concerns about having the one big line....Saturday it was 4-2 with Greig and Pettet getting the non top line goals and Friday it was 3-2 with Curl and Steffen.

It was another gut check opportunity on Friday with St. Cloud's battle back from a 3-0 deficit to pressure UW all the way until the end.

Comment

I really enjoy the MJ pressers when he lets some of his personality come through. This week it was talking about cowboy hats and fashion. When UW played LIU MJ had some fun with trivia from his NHL days with the reporters. I bet he's a lot fun to be around for the players. Usually his pressers are rather predictably boring otherwise.

Comment

Two good wins for 'common opponent' comparisons when we get to the worrying about the Pairwise part of the year (not to mention a nice boost to the RPI).

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Two good wins for 'common opponent' comparisons when we get to the worrying about the Pairwise part of the year (not to mention a nice boost to the RPI).
                    Yes, no complaints here.

Both games they withstood pushes after jumping out to leads, but they did nor crack under the pressure.

Couple night games coming up, I love the night games, it feels bigtime. What time does the VB team play?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      What time does the VB team play?
                      Aarrghhh!

I don't know why they do these things. It was all so completely predictable.

Hockey vs Duluth, 7 PM Friday and Saturday.

First round NCAA volleyball, 7 PM Friday. Second round 6 PM Saturday.

And for good measure, Big Ten football championship, UW vs Ohio State, 7 PM Saturday.

So, if anybody needs an extra ticket to the Duluth series... there will probably be LOTS available.

Comment

So, if anybody needs an extra ticket to the Duluth series... there will probably be LOTS available.
                        I am short 2 this week. Guess I'll be hanging around the vestibule. It's a little nerve racking driving an hour to the game w/o tickets, but they are always there.

In the Hawvawd game the top line was outscored 4-1 by the rest if the lines! Game 2 it was 3-2 for the top line, but that's very encouraging to see secondary scoring had a good weekend. PK was 6-7.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I am short 2 this week. Guess I'll be hanging around the vestibule. It's a little nerve racking driving an hour to the game w/o tickets, but they are always there.
                          Do we have time for me to physically mail my one (per game) to you? Glad to do so.

Comment

Do we have time for me to physically mail my one (per game) to you? Glad to do so.
                            Thanks for the kind thought, since I need 2 anyway just for Saturday I'll wing it. Maybe someone will put Saturday tickets up Friday night, that would be sweet.

Good luck to the VB team this weekend, this is THE year. They've beaten all the bigs in the B10, they are ready for the challenge. I even watched a little VB on the TV this year. I had it on for the @rodents and @corn matches as I worked in the kitchen.

LOL, Todd D stole my secondary scoring talking point and turned it into an article in the WSJ. You are welcome Todd.

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/2019/12/05/wom...-in-nashville/

Thought this was fantastic from Nicole Haase. Includes commentary from players of various teams, including Wisconsin, after the country classic in Nashville. She spoke to players who grew up in non traditional markets or places without much girls hockey.

As it relates to Nashville and growth of girls hockey in Tennessee, I believe Delaney Collins, a coach formerly with Hockey Canada has relocated there, as is now involved in the Junior Preds girls program. Would not be surprised at all to see girls hockey see some big percentage increases in participation down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                Thought this was fantastic from Nicole Haase.
                                Thx, a reminder to us production curmudgeons of the wider mission. (But just think of what vivid play-by-play streamed into local gyms could do!) MJ seems to be the first among equals in getting this kind of exposure done. And Roque’s story alone - - - "I hadn't seen a game of women's hockey until I played in one" - - - is an eye-opener about some of these players’ histories.
                                Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 12-05-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X