Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I've heard that drinking thinner can cause you to go blind; last year's UM thread is about a dozen threads below this one.

Only about a third as many. You didn't spend as much time obsessively opening our thread as you did your own.
    Or drinking Budweiser with a straw. cough cough Herb Brooks.
    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

I've heard that drinking thinner can cause you to go blind; last year's UM thread is about a dozen threads below this one.

Only about a third as many. You didn't spend as much time obsessively opening our thread as you did your own.
      That's funny, I looked and looked for it. Kinda like loosing your keys and they are kinda right here you put them. LOL

I did not pay my daughter a nickel for every time she opened this thread. You can't prove it.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I did not pay my daughter a nickel for every time she opened this thread.
        I don't have a problem with that. We do what we have to do to get others hooked on hockey. Enjoy your Easter!
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Today, after watching some of the replay of the 2018 Olympic final, and hearing the name Natalie Spooner again, I spent some time on a question that has occurred to me over the years: Which opposing player has the most goals against Wisconsin? Hearing Spooner reminded me of it because she had a bunch, including a hat trick that helped eliminate Wisconsin in the 2010 WCHA quarterfinals. Going in, she was my guess

So, nothing exhaustive at all, but I looked at the list of Minnesota's all-time leading scorers, and Duluth's all-time leading scorers, and the "top 20 all-time WCHA players" list, and anybody else who came to mind, using the USCHO game-by-game stat pages for the individual players.

Spooner was an excellent guess, due to her sort-of 'dark hours' status; she came in third (as far as I can tell). And just ahead of her is her teammate Hokey Langan, an even darker dark horse- also a hat trick, in the same WCHA playoff series. Langan had 11 (!). (I think in my mind, I must have been crediting some of Langan's goals to Spooner. Spooner had ten career goals vs UW.

But the 'winner' is...

Jocelyne Lamoureaux, with 12 (!) career goals against the Badgers. (Interestingly, Monique with only 5.)

Some of the other likely suspects: Natalie Darwitz, also 10; Sarah Erickson, 9; Nadine Muzerall, 9 (in only two seasons, but before UW got good); Hannah Brandt, 8; Noemie Marin, 8; Amanda Kessel (and a half-dozen others) at 7.

Feel free to throw out names of somebody I might have overlooked or not thought of, etc.
          Tuominen, Irwin, Stalder?

Comment

Some of the other likely suspects: Natalie Darwitz, also 10; Sarah Erickson, 9; Nadine Muzerall, 9 (in only two seasons, but before UW got good); Hannah Brandt, 8; Noemie Marin, 8; Amanda Kessel (and a half-dozen others) at 7.
            The key is the "before UW got good." I came up with 14 for Potter in her three seasons at UMD (remember the name change after her sophomore season). Wisconsin didn't have a varsity program during her season at UM.

Comment

The key is the "before UW got good." I came up with 14 for Potter in her three seasons at UMD (remember the name change after her sophomore season). Wisconsin didn't have a varsity program during her season at UM.
              USCHO only has stats for her 2002-03 and 2003-04, which I looked at at the time I made the original post - five total. They don't have 1999-2000 stats under either name; neither does the Duluth team web site have any game stats that I can find. So if you have 14, nine must have been in 1999-2000; easy to believe, with game scores including 8-1 and 14-1 against UW that year.

As for Tuominen, Irwin, Stalder - 5, 2 and 0

(BTW: one month ago today - seems like million years - the tournament was canceled. One month.)
              Last edited by robertearle; 04-12-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

So if you have 14, nine must have been in 1999-2000; easy to believe, with game scores including 8-1 and 14-1 against UW that year.
                Yes, she had nine that year in four games, 2+1+1+5:
                http://www.collegehockeystats.net/9900/schedules/mndw

Comment

https://t.co/ExqqKxIq6Q?amp=1

What a great read for a Badger fan, the personal reflections of Soup. She delivered a Natty in 2 tries whereas Rigsby and ARD only delivered 1 in 7 tries. I sure would have like to have seen her get a crack at back to back. But hey, UW is still the defending champs!

I recall when she got the surprise start at Labahn in game 2 in 16/17 and wondering why the Sue weren't playing Shaw again. Soup's only other start after that was against the rodents. She had 4 starts that year and all were on the road, very interesting.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    https://t.co/ExqqKxIq6Q?amp=1

What a great read for a Badger fan, the personal reflections of Soup. She delivered a Natty in 2 tries whereas Rigsby and ARD only delivered 1 in 7 tries. I sure would have like to have seen her get a crack at back to back. But hey, UW is still the defending champs!

I recall when she got the surprise start at Labahn in game 2 in 16/17 and wondering why the Sue weren't playing Shaw again. Soup's only other start after that was against the rodents. She had 4 starts that year and all were on the road, very interesting.
                    Her resilience in the face of adversity continues to be quite impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X