Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    And all of the other D-I programs? Minnesota graduates Patty Marshall and is adding two: Josie Dunne from Chicago Mission and Maggie Nicholson from Minnetonka. With five returning D, the Gophers really shouldn't need to raid D-III rosters for recruits.
    Unless you want good ones.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I wonder if Timothy A could give a scouting report on Toft's game being as he has seen her play quite a few times. Oh wait..what that you say? He hasn't seen her? Ok, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, so he should be good to go.

Here is a link to the story...https://www.echopress.com/sports/hoc...th-the-Badgers
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-13-2020, 03:37 PM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        I wonder if Timothy A could give a scouting report on Toft's game being as he has seen her play quite a few times. Oh wait..what that you say? He hasn't seen her? Ok, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, so he should be good to go.

Here is a link to the story...https://www.echopress.com/sports/hoc...th-the-Badgers
        I LOVE staying at Holiday Inn Expresses, it's my go to. That makes me one smart dude.

Comment

If you have seen her play I'd love to hear your thoughts. I did read the article last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            If you have seen her play I'd love to hear your thoughts. I did read the article last night.
            I goof off a lot on this forum but in this case I'll try to be serious. I do not know a thing about her. I try to see quite a few high school games during the year but it is all Twin Cities area games. Rarely ever see an out-state team so I know zip about Alexandria.

Hey, if your excited about a former DIII recruit headed to BADison then more power to ya.

Comment

Hey, if your excited about a former DIII recruit headed to BADison then more power to ya.
              Um, well, hhmm, let's wait and see, though my initial thought is trading Steffen for Tost isn't a fair trade. Trading Tost for Rowe might be. Did you ever see Kotlowski play? She's up for playing time next year. I'm really jacked up to see Harvey arrive in 2021.

Comment

Um, well, hhmm, let's wait and see, though my initial thought is trading Steffen for Tost isn't a fair trade. Trading Tost for Rowe might be. Did you ever see Kotlowski play? She's up for playing time next year. I'm really jacked up to see Harvey arrive in 2021.
                It's too bad Harvey isn't coming in next year as she could step in to the role Steffen played. I have seen Kotlowski play. She has above average size and shooting ability. What is a bit of a head scratcher for me about her being a WisconSIN recruit is her lack of quickness and overall D1 skating ability. And again that is just my opinion on that so take it FWIW. You'll get to judge that yourself next year and maybe to her credit she has been working on that aspect?

Comment

It's too bad Harvey isn't coming in next year as she could step in to the role Steffen played. I have seen Kotlowski play. She has above average size and shooting ability. What is a bit of a head scratcher for me about her being a WisconSIN recruit is her lack of quickness and overall D1 skating ability. And again that is just my opinion on that so take it FWIW. You'll get to judge that yourself next year and maybe to her credit she has been working on that aspect?
                  Thanks for the info. There is hope on the skating side, this last year Maddy Posick's skating and quickness took a major leap forward from her Fr year. It was very impressive. It would be interesting to know how she accomplished it, on her own or through the UW.

This makes me think of who was the most improved player for UW this year? I'd say it would be Posick. I can see her playing a Roque/Mauermann role of fighting it out along the boards and winning pucks. Though she is improved I wonder if it's enough to play with some scorers next season.

Comment

Couple sad articles about Soup's shocking end to a season part 2 at the Hockey News and JS Online.

Comment

So sad can't wait until next September. UW should have repeated.
                      UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                        So sad can't wait until next September. UW should have repeated.
                        I too can't wait until September, if the season starts on time.

I am not convinced UW "should" have won. UW was not the juggernaut at the end of the season that there were in the first 75% of it.

I started watching last year's title game on Facebook Watch and it just made me feel sad for the team that they didn't get the chance to fight it out. I only watched the first period, then I hit the sack, but I think Soup was just a different player last year vs this year for whatever reason.

Comment

I am not convinced UW "should" have won.
                          This seemed like a year were we could have seen a brand new member join the National Championship club. Someone like OSU, Cornell, Princeton, or Northeastern seemed just a likely as any of the others to win it all this year.

Comment

Today, after watching some of the replay of the 2018 Olympic final, and hearing the name Natalie Spooner again, I spent some time on a question that has occurred to me over the years: Which opposing player has the most goals against Wisconsin? Hearing Spooner reminded me of it because she had a bunch, including a hat trick that helped eliminate Wisconsin in the 2010 WCHA quarterfinals. Going in, she was my guess

So, nothing exhaustive at all, but I looked at the list of Minnesota's all-time leading scorers, and Duluth's all-time leading scorers, and the "top 20 all-time WCHA players" list, and anybody else who came to mind, using the USCHO game-by-game stat pages for the individual players.

Spooner was an excellent guess, due to her sort-of 'dark hours' status; she came in third (as far as I can tell). And just ahead of her is her teammate Hokey Langan, an even darker dark horse- also a hat trick, in the same WCHA playoff series. Langan had 11 (!). (I think in my mind, I must have been crediting some of Langan's goals to Spooner. Spooner had ten career goals vs UW.

But the 'winner' is...

Jocelyne Lamoureaux, with 12 (!) career goals against the Badgers. (Interestingly, Monique with only 5.)

Some of the other likely suspects: Natalie Darwitz, also 10; Sarah Erickson, 9; Nadine Muzerall, 9 (in only two seasons, but before UW got good); Hannah Brandt, 8; Noemie Marin, 8; Amanda Kessel (and a half-dozen others) at 7.

Feel free to throw out names of somebody I might have overlooked or not thought of, etc.
                            Last edited by robertearle; 03-30-2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

This thread had over 200,000 views? Wow. Here I thought I was in a private conversation with myself and Robert most of the time. I wanted to know how many views the rodent season thread had but it is gone. Surely not as many of this one. When you say Wisconsin, you said it all!

Comment

I wanted to know how many views the rodent season thread had but it is gone.
                                I've heard that drinking thinner can cause you to go blind; last year's UM thread is about a dozen threads below this one.

Surely not as many of this one.
                                Only about a third as many. You didn't spend as much time obsessively opening our thread as you did your own.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X