Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Todd D tweeted a lower body injury and I got the impression it wasn't serious.
    With female hockey players, when you hear "upper body injury", you think of a concussion, and "lower body injury" is most often a hip. Many of them play through such an injury, take a weekend or two off when the schedule permits, and then have surgery in the offseason. To clarify, I know nothing of Campbell's situation, and it could just as easily be a sprain or a contusion and I wouldn't know any differently.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Todd D tweeted a lower body injury and I got the impression it wasn't serious.
      Thanks. I had not thought to check his Twitter feed. "Day to day" makes me feel better.

(Though ESPN/MSNBC's Keith Olbermann liked to point out that we're all playing day-to-day :-) )

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        With female hockey players, when you hear "upper body injury", you think of a concussion, and "lower body injury" is most often a hip. Many of them play through such an injury, take a weekend or two off when the schedule permits, and then have surgery in the offseason. To clarify, I know nothing of Campbell's situation, and it could just as easily be a sprain or a contusion and I wouldn't know any differently.
        I agree on your reading the tea leaves of injuries. Soup was on the bench laughing and having a good time during warm-ups, so I think if it was a BIG game, she would have played. The absence of Cece has me perplexed. The printed roster also had Blesi as a Jr, but on the website ands from what we knew going into this year she is a RS So. I'm really excited to see her play the next 2 years for UW.

Of course I really enjoyed the bloodbath today. The 2nd period was not good for UW, they came out discombobulated and just never got anything going. I suppose after you score 6 in the first period it's natural to let down the second period, but I was disappointed they succumbed to that. I was rooting for the 4th line to score and they saw a lot of ice time the last 2 periods, but it was no to be. It was disappointing the refs decided to not call any penalties anymore at some point, but breaking the rules does require an arm to go up. Mauermann should have got the gate on one play and there were 3 clear penalties on the Huskies that they just pretended didn't happen.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Added Gervais to next years recruiting class based on the info posted in the last few days.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Mark told us in post-game on Saturday that Campbell left practice on Friday and he didn't see what happened. He just realized they only had two goalies on the ice and had to ask what happened. Blesi said she knew Friday night that she was possible to start - she called her parents and they were able to make it to the game. But the official decision on who would play wasn't made until just before the game. So the day to day is a legit answer and they did test Campbell before Saturday's game. As someone said earlier, I got the feeling that if it were a different opponent, things MAY have gone differently.

I didn't make the trip to Madison today, so I don't have any post-game/interview knowledge, but I'd guess that with how Blesi played yesterday, they didn't even both to try out Campbell before today and just let Blesi do it.
            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
              Blesi said she knew Friday night that she was possible to start - she called her parents and they were able to make it to the game.
              I noticed them, wearing their cardinal 'Blesi' jerseys, and actually looked at the lineup card to see how far they had to come, guessing it was on 'short notice'. (Maple Grove, MN) Glad they could be there for it.

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                Mark told us in post-game on Saturday that Campbell left practice on Friday and he didn't see what happened. He just realized they only had two goalies on the ice and had to ask what happened. Blesi said she knew Friday night that she was possible to start - she called her parents and they were able to make it to the game. But the official decision on who would play wasn't made until just before the game. So the day to day is a legit answer and they did test Campbell before Saturday's game. As someone said earlier, I got the feeling that if it were a different opponent, things MAY have gone differently.

I didn't make the trip to Madison today, so I don't have any post-game/interview knowledge, but I'd guess that with how Blesi played yesterday, they didn't even both to try out Campbell before today and just let Blesi do it.
                Any insights as to where Cece has been lately?

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Added Gervais to next years recruiting class based on the info posted in the last few days.
                  Gervais should be a good new addition to the team as she seems got good attitude.

Comment

Any insights as to where Cece has been lately?
                    I tweeted at Todd D and he publicly responded that she has been suspended from the team for the last few months. This makes me feel sad. From a depth standpoint it's tricky because Kronish allowed 2 against LIU on 9 shots (very small sample size yes) but none the less I was nervous with Soup out and her as the back-up. I was hoping they'd give Kronish the 3rd period on Sunday for some more game experience, but they did not. They could probably rest Soup another week if they need to just to be safe for the big push.

Blesi looked rock solid out there. The only goal she gave up was a knock a rebounded puck out of the air by St. Cloud's best player, a very impressive play by her. It's hard not to think she will not be at St. Cloud all 4 years. She looked very impressive overall.

Comment

Ha! Love that highlight. I had just reminded my son of that play before the faceoff that lead to the SS OT winner. Awesome.

A coach should be hired solely on their ability to do the job and nothing else.
                      Yes. Fortunately the pool of female coaching candidates will be much larger the next time Minnesota and Wisconsin jobs open up. The growth of the sport has really been something since the '98 Olympics debut. Great to see some of the women I have watched start to dip their toes into the coaching waters. But, I hope Wisconsin doesn't have to worry about this for another 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by HCSmooth View Post
                        . Great to see some of the women I have watched start to dip their toes into the coaching waters. But, I hope Wisconsin doesn't have to worry about this for another 20 years
                        Amen to that.

Comment

Nice article by Todd D on the superline breakup today. I will say I was dismayed to read in the 5-4 OT win that Roque's line was on the ice for 3 of the rodent goals. Egads! Roque did say that it was good the next game they did not allow any goals. That was a great bounce back performance for the team as a whole. And they kept the foot on the gas the following weekend too.

So the question of the week is will Soup play this weekend?

Comment

Nice article by Todd D on the superline breakup today. I will say I was dismayed to read in the 5-4 OT win that Roque's line was on the ice for 3 of the rodent goals. Egads! Roque did say that it was good the next game they did not allow any goals. That was a great bounce back performance for the team as a whole. And they kept the foot on the gas the following weekend too.

If the girls play both ways this team is really good! I hope Blesi gets another weekend so they can let Campbell get ready for Senior night & the stretch run. Blesi needs a few games if Campbell has any issues going forward. The big question will be to see if the Badgers have more fans in Mankato than they do!

Comment

Instagram (pretty amazingly) decided today to show me a video posted on Campbell's account with a caption "on the road to Mankato" that shows somebody using a Hypervolt tissue massage device on the arch of somebody else's left foot. It isn't even clear who is getting the foot massage or who is giving it. But the Hypervolt has a "K Campbell" sticker on it, and is something that someone *might* use to treat such things as plantar fasciitis, or a bone stress reaction, etc.

(Earlier this year, I noticed UW volleyball player Dana Rettke using one on her leg during the breaks of a match.)

Posted FWIW.

(Instagram 'suggests' new posts based on whatever other posts you clicked on in the past. I have certainly clicked on posts from various UW teams, and through them UW players.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                Instagram (pretty amazingly) decided today to show me a video posted on Campbell's account with a caption "on the road to Mankato" that shows somebody using a Hypervolt tissue massage device on the arch of somebody else's left foot. It isn't even clear who is getting the foot massage or who is giving it. But the Hypervolt has a "K Campbell" sticker on it, and is something that someone *might* use to treat such things as plantar fasciitis, or a bone stress reaction, etc.

(Earlier this year, I noticed UW volleyball player Dana Rettke using one on her leg during the breaks of a match.)

Posted FWIW.

(Instagram 'suggests' new posts based on whatever other posts you clicked on in the past. I have certainly clicked on posts from various UW teams, and through them UW players.)
                                And now there's a post of a half-dozen photos from today's practice in Mankato. And one of the photos is of two Badger goalies warming up, etc. And while the practice jerseys don't have numbers, one of them is wearing Kronish's helmet, and the other is wearing one of Campbell's helmets....

:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X