Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    And now there's a post of a half-dozen photos from today's practice in Mankato. And one of the photos is of two Badger goalies warming up, etc. And while the practice jerseys don't have numbers, one of them is wearing Kronish's helmet, and the other is wearing one of Campbell's helmets....

:-)
    Excellent sleuth work Mr. Earle.

It's a great day for hockey and LETS GO RED!!!!!!

I will say I was rather shocked to see the band at the St. Cloud games. It doesn't make up for ignoring the entire first half and the banner raising specifically.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Excellent sleuth work Mr. Earle.
      Nevertheless, no Soup today!

Note also, tomorrow's game being carried by Fox Sports Wisconsin; channel 66 on Charter/Spectrum in Madison.

Comment

The Gophers are off next week, so I've decided to drive down and see if OSU can play as hard against Wisconsin as they do against us.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Note also, tomorrow's game being carried by Fox Sports Wisconsin; channel 66 on Charter/Spectrum in Madison.
          Game also on Fox Sports North in Minnesota. Comcast channel 863 2pm.
          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
            The Gophers are off next week, so I've decided to drive down and see if OSU can play as hard against Wisconsin as they do against us.
            I'll loan you a UW jersey to wear so you don't look so conspicuous.

Great to see the balanced scoring today. MJ is a genius. He has found the combos that make UW a very deep dangerous team and not one dimensional. It has opened the door to a high potential finish for the year.

I get to watch the game tomorrow! YES!

Comment

I'm perfectly comfortable being far more stylishly dressed than the rest of the crowd.

Comment

I'm perfectly comfortable being far more stylishly dressed than the rest of the crowd.
                If ya ain't stylin the cardinal and white and a motion W or 3, you aint got no style. Do ya want a home or away jersey? You may find the mostly white home jersey far more palatable I do believe.

Comment

At least it will be the right conference, etc.

I went to a Wisconsin - Ohio State football game a couple years ago, and as I'm settling into my seat, I looked over at the guy next to me. With a smile, the very first thing I said to him was "You know how you go to a UW-Ohio State game and there's always that one guy who shows up in an Arizona t-shirt? What is his story?" Fortunately for me, he laughed and said "Yeah, that's me. I'm that guy."

Comment

I was told Campbell is still day to day.

My read on it is that there's no reason to play her this weekend, so she's getting extra time to heal. I think if it were a different opponent, she might be in there, but no reason to push her.

AFAIK, it's not a foot issue. But that doesn't mean anything, either.
                    It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                      I was told Campbell is still day to day.

My read on it is that there's no reason to play her this weekend, so she's getting extra time to heal. I think if it were a different opponent, she might be in there, but no reason to push her.

AFAIK, it's not a foot issue. But that doesn't mean anything, either.
                      She looked fine joking and moving around during warmups last weekend, no obvious signs of any issue. By all means if she needs extra time to get 100% healthy, it needs to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        She looked fine joking and moving around during warmups last weekend, no obvious signs of any issue. By all means if she needs extra time to get 100% healthy, it needs to happen.
                        Upset of the year with that recent loss. That was a surprise at least to me.

Comment

Tim, were you able to see the game? If so, what's your take?
                          I was able to watch a little, but those 2 people announcing the game were absolutely worse than any high school amateur radio broadcasts I've ever heard. Whoever produced that should be utterly embarrassed.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Tim, were you able to see the game? If so, what's your take?
                            I was able to watch a little, but those 2 people announcing the game were absolutely worse than any high school amateur radio broadcasts I've ever heard. Whoever produced that should be utterly embarrassed.
                            Mankato scored 3 goals on only 11 shots. I didn't see the game, but either the Mavericks have a bunch of steely-eyed snipers who don't pull the trigger until they see the corner of the net, or UW just saw the future beyond Campbell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                              Mankato scored 3 goals on only 11 shots. I didn't see the game, but either the Mavericks have a bunch of steely-eyed snipers who don't pull the trigger until they see the corner of the net, or UW just saw the future beyond Campbell.
                              A few of us happened to be watching the first part of the game on TV. we noted two things: The first two goals were very soft and we were surprised Mankato was given so much time and space on the ice when they had the puck. Didn’t see much after the first two goals so don’t know if that changed later in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                                A few of us happened to be watching the first part of the game on TV. we noted two things: The first two goals were very soft and we were surprised Mankato was given so much time and space on the ice when they had the puck. Didn’t see much after the first two goals so don’t know if that changed later in the game.
                                Yeah, not good goaltending by the BADgers for sure but the 3rd goal was a beautiful pass from the wing and a great shot that went into the back of the net. Pretty bad breakdown by WisconSIN that allowed space entering the zone and no coverage of the player in the slot. Not Blesi's fault on that one.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X