Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

I wonder how much they're going to shuffle and flip the lineup in these games; it's definitely an opportunity to do so.

Comment

Is the camera video only going to show the neutral zone?

Comment

• Originally posted by top cheese View Post
        Is the camera video only going to show the neutral zone?
        Well we wouldn't want a biased camera, would we?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
          I wonder how much they're going to shuffle and flip the lineup in these games; it's definitely an opportunity to do so.
          Some minor changes, according to the lines posted on instagram. But Jesse DeVito is listed as a seventh D, even though she is listed as a forward at the UW web site. And I'm pretty sure I just saw her out for a shift at forward with Watts and Roque. Note that DeVito is from New jersey, so...

Comment

More goals than shots at this point.

6-0 after a period.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              6-0 after a period.
              Missed the extra point?
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                Some minor changes, according to the lines posted on instagram. But Jesse DeVito is listed as a seventh D, even though she is listed as a forward at the UW web site. And I'm pretty sure I just saw her out for a shift at forward with Watts and Roque. Note that DeVito is from New jersey, so...
                I think that's the spot on the graphic for the 19th skater.

They may as well start switching positions for the rest of the game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Missed the extra point?
                  Nah, they kicked the conversion. They're playing league.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Missed the extra point?
                    Three in the first five minutes, three late. LIU had a stretch in the first period when they didn't look all that bad; even generated a little offensive threat. But mostly, it has been what was expected.

I looked it up earlier in the week; IIRC most goals in a game for UW women is 14, biggest margin is 13 (not in the same game). Most goals in a period is seven (done three times).

Comment

Gotta give the LIU goalie credit. Standing on her head at this point to keep the game at a 7-0 lead.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        Gotta give the LIU goalie credit. Standing on her head at this point to keep the game at a 7-0 lead.
                        No shutout today. How disappointing for Kronish. Maybe if UW allowed other goalies to play every once in a while they’d be more game ready?

Comment

Somebody - Bowlby? - got her pocket picked at the offensive blue line, it turned into a breakaway for LIU, and the LIU forward (Umpherville sp?) beat Campbell for the unassisted goal. Same LIU skater who scored their only goal two weeks ago vs UCONN.

Ooops, Kronish, not Campbell.
                          Last edited by robertearle; 10-18-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            Somebody - Bowlby? - got her pocket picked at the offensive blue line, it turned into a breakaway for LIU
                            I am far too classy to point out that I predicted that LIU breakaway earlier in this thread, so I won't. My next prediction: LIU employs the flying wedge from the Mighty Ducks movie. I still can't believe they weren't offside with that formation.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Somebody - Bowlby? - got her pocket picked at the offensive blue line, it turned into a breakaway for LIU, and the LIU forward (Umpherville sp?) beat Campbell for the unassisted goal. Same LIU skater who scored their only goal two weeks ago vs UCONN.

Ooops, Kronish, not Campbell.
                              Unfortunately for Kronish, giving up 2 to LIU isn’t a good way to begin a college career. Any idea why MJ gave Campbell the start (for stats?) instead of letting Kronish (or someone else) have the confidence of starting a game- rather than sitting on the bench for a period and then relieving the starter? Will be interesting to see the goalie strategy for game 2. Speaking of goalies...any ideas who’s coming in next year? Graduating 2 senior goalies at the end of the year, and no indication of any goalie commits coming in the next 2 years....🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                                Unfortunately for Kronish, giving up 2 to LIU isn’t a good way to begin a college career. Any idea why MJ gave Campbell the start (for stats?) instead of letting Kronish (or someone else) have the confidence of starting a game- rather than sitting on the bench for a period and then relieving the starter? Will be interesting to see the goalie strategy for game 2. Speaking of goalies...any ideas who’s coming in next year? Graduating 2 senior goalies at the end of the year, and no indication of any goalie commits coming in the next 2 years....🤔
                                I assume starting Campbell was/is a 'respect your opponent' thing; start the starter until the game is well in-hand, and then give the local kid (Kronish is from NY) some ice time in front of family, etc.

(I also recall a game many years ago - though I'm hesitant to ID the game or the goalie too specifically - when MJ gave the start to a backup goalie; senior, final home game, only start of her career, regular season standings already decided, etc. She gave up a goal on the first shot she faced, was replaced by the regular goalie, but the 'hole' the first gaol put them in ended up leading them to lose a game they likely wouldn't otherwise have lost. Maybe that was 'lessen learned' for MJ.)

Comment

Working...
                                X