WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Still hoping for three bids and round 2. If AIC can get to the second round, so can one of our teams.

Because I'm bored, I'm wildly guessing the standings:

1. Mankato
    2. BGSU
    3. NMU
    4. Tech
    5. Lake State
    6. Bemidji
    7. UAF
    8. UAH
    9. Ferris State
    10. UAA
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Still hoping for three bids and round 2. If AIC can get to the second round, so can one of our teams.

Because I'm bored, I'm wildly guessing the standings:

1. Mankato
    2. BGSU
    3. NMU
    4. Tech
    5. Lake State
    6. Bemidji
    7. UAF
    8. UAH
    9. Ferris State
    10. UAA
    Agree with you - We're going to the 2nd round this year! (NOTE: Not the first time I've said this.)

Surprise team this year - UAF. I liked some of their youngsters last year (particularly the Jandrics) and goaltending should be a real strength. The new coach at BGSU is sort of a wildcard. Should be an interesting year. As usual, we'll all be tested early with some good non-conference opponents (particularly NCHC ones), and need to grab those early wins.

Comment

Might as well get this going early. Make your predictions here. It's anonymous so even the media guys can play along. I'll post the results towards the start of the season.

I've also added a bonus question. I remember the day fondly when Michael Bitzer moved on (man, that guy was tough) so it got me thinking...who are the players that left the WCHA after last season that you aren't necessarily sad to see go. I assume people won't vote for their guys.

Pick the Final 2019-20 WCHA Standings

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
        you aren't necessarily sad to see go. I assume people won't vote for their guys.
        Did they have to leave the WCHA or just my favourite team?

And you know what they say about assuming. [emoji6]

Can't wait for the puck to drop! 30 more days for Tech!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Better send Ferris State to the big dance then.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            Did they have to leave the WCHA or just my favourite team?
            I'll accept Gould as a write-in assuming that's who you were referring to.
            Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 09-06-2019, 08:19 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I know it is not for this year, but BSU's AD leaked next year's non-conference opponents on the Beaver Radio Network's Green Mill Coaches Show on Wednesday night. They will play a home and home with North Dakota and then have St. Cloud and Duluth on the schedule. It wasn't completely clear from the conversation, but there is a possibility that those two matchups could be home and home as well.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I think the bigger story for the 2019-20 season will be the discussions that evolve between the 10 teams about the future of the conference. They better be talking anyway... Do the bulk of the schools decide to no longer play with the AK schools in spite of their return to somewhat stable operations or is the conference renamed the Women's Collegiate Hockey Association for the 2021-22 season?
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I've also added a bonus question.
                  Pick the Final 2019-20 WCHA Standings
                  Isn't this a race to see who finishes 2nd behind Craggs?

Comment

I'll accept Gould as a write-in assuming that's who you were referring to.
                    Gould is extremely talented and I wish nothing but the best for him. It's just that he was a negative influence in the dressing room. For his sake I hope he benefits from a change of scenery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnsonsjerseys View Post
                      i think the bigger story for the 2019-20 season will be the discussions that evolve between the 10* 7 teams about the future of the conference.
                      fyp. It's pretty clear that there are only seven chairs at the table. And when the music stops playing maybe there'll only be six...or five.

*Edit: I assumed that you were referring to the magnificent seven along with UAF, UAA, and UAH. If you were referring to three other teams at the table not currently in the WCHA then I stand corrected.
                      Last edited by mmf; 09-06-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Few things would please me more than the WCHA being a token autobid and out after the first game in the NCAA’s the next two seasons.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          Few things would please me more than the WCHA being a token autobid and out after the first game in the NCAA’s the next two seasons.
                          That's the spirit. I wonder why the other teams wouldn't want you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            I have no cheese to go with your whine.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Y’all leaving us to die and wondering why we’d be upset,

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                              X