WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I don't believe so. There will still be a women's league. I assume they will still be custodians of the MacNaughton Cup.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The McNaughton Cup stays with Tech wherever they go.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Good job Bowling Green!
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Those two non con sweeps will be big in two months!
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Those two non con sweeps will be big in two months!
          I get the sense that teams from other conferences just don't take the WCHA seriously. Sure we have some teams at the lower end of the competitive scale, but I think Notre Dame came into this series thinking "Yeah, this weekend we got us one of those crappy WCHA BS teams that we can handle easily." We beat the he!! out of them physically and mentally for 110 out of 120 minutes this weekend. They had no answer for anything we threw at them. Gee whiz, our split with LSSU last week and with Tech a few weeks back were tougher series than what we went through with the vaunted #5 Domers.

The Western Michigan guys still can't get over that they lost 2-of-3 to a team from the "crappy WCHA." And Mankato has freakin' OWNED the Nachos this year. Both Alaska teams are playing well and have made OOC noise.

We're doing well this year. Underestimate us at your peril...

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            I get the sense that teams from other conferences just don't take the WCHA seriously. Sure we have some teams at the lower end of the competitive scale, but I think Notre Dame came into this series thinking "Yeah, this weekend we got us one of those crappy WCHA BS teams that we can handle easily." We beat the he!! out of them physically and mentally for 110 out of 120 minutes this weekend. They had no answer for anything we threw at them. Gee whiz, our split with LSSU last week and with Tech a few weeks back were tougher series than what we went through with the vaunted #5 Domers.

The Western Michigan guys still can't get over that they lost 2-of-3 to a team from the "crappy WCHA." And Mankato has freakin' OWNED the Nachos this year. Both Alaska teams are playing well and have made OOC noise.

The Big Ten and Nachos don't allow the "slow down" style of play the WCHA does. Both teams were able to skate. BG has one of the best transition games and it showed. They were opportunistic with their chances, had a lot of puck luck, and Dop played very well when needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              The McNaughton Cup stays with Tech wherever they go.
              Righfully so then.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Anybody who takes Bowling Green lightly will get slapped into reality.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                  Anybody who takes Bowling Green lightly will get slapped into reality.
                  To clarify, by "us" I meant the WCHA as a league, not necessarily Mankato or BG.

Comment

2019-2020 WCHA Non-Conference Schedule
                    -3 AHA Games 2-1-0
                    -11-12 Big10 Games 4-6-0
                    -5 ECAC Games 1-0-0
                    -8 Hockey East Games 3-4-1
                    -28-29 NCHC Games 7-15-5
                    -6 Independent Games 3-1-0
                    -0-2 Interleague games (not included in WCHA non-conference record)
                    -4 Exhibitions (not included in WCHA or team record)
                    TOTAL: 20-27-6 0.434 (72 possible games)

ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE (0-4-0)
                    -at Mass-Lowell L 1-5, L 1-3
                    -at Nebraska-Omaha L 1-6, L 0-5
                    -at North Dakota (2)

ALASKA (2-4-0)
                    -Denver L 3-4, L 0-3
                    -at Penn State L 0-7, W 4-0
                    -Arizona State W 4-3, L 0-4

ALASKA-ANCHORAGE (0-3-1)
                    -at Maine L 1-7, L 1-2 (OT)
                    -Nebraska-Omaha L 3-4, T 3-3
                    -at Arizona State (2)

BEMIDJI STATE (0-2-2)
                    -St. Cloud State T 4-4, T 2-2
                    -at North Dakota L 1-2 OT, L 1-4
                    -vs. Minnesota (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)
                    -vs. Minnesota State/St. Cloud State (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)

BOWLING GREEN (5-2-0)
                    -at Miami W 7-4
                    -vs. RIT (Icebreaker Tournament, Toledo, OH) L 2-3 (OT)
                    -vs Western Michigan (Icebreaker Tournament, Toledo, OH) L 2-5
                    -Western Michigan W 2-1
                    -at Western Michigan W 2-1 (OT)
                    -at Notre Dame W 5-2
                    -Notre Dame W 5-2
                    -Miami

FERRIS STATE (2-3-0)
                    -Waterloo (EXH) T 2-2
                    -USNTDP (EXH) W 5-0
                    -Colgate W 3-1
                    -at Miami L 3-4, W 3-1
                    -at Western Michigan L 2-4
                    -Western Michigan L 2-8
                    -vs. Michigan (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)
                    -vs. Michigan Tech/Michigan State (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)

LAKE SUPERIOR STATE (2-6-0)
                    -Merrimack W 6-2, W 4-3
                    -Denver L 3-1, L 4-3
                    -at Michigan L 0-4, L 3-4
                    -at Notre Dame L 2-5, L 4-6

MICHIGAN TECH (2-1-0)
                    -at Robert Morris W 2-1 (OT), W 7-0
                    -at North Dakota (Hall of Fame Game) L 1-3
                    -Clarkson (2)
                    -vs. Michigan State (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)
                    -vs. Ferris State/Michigan (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)
                    -at Arizona State (2)

MINNESOTA STATE (5-0-1)
                    -Mount Royal (EXH) W 5-2
                    -Arizona State W 4-1, W 5-0
                    -North Dakota T 4-4, W 2-1
                    -at Minnesota-Duluth (2) W 4-1, W 3-1
                    -vs. St. Cloud State (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)
                    -vs. Bemidji State/Minnesota (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)

NORTHERN MICHIGAN (2-2-2)
                    -at USNTDP (EXH) W 4-3
                    -Michigan State L 3-5, W 2-0
                    -at Boston University T 4-4, W 4-3
                    -St. Cloud State T 3-3, L 4-5 (OT)
                    -at Cornell (2)
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• I wonder what was said on the BG bench after they went down 3-0 to Huntsville.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Has anyone where that is not a Tech fan listened to any of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast yet?
                        I was wondering what the non-MTU fans think of it so far. As we get more comfortable in what we're doing we're trying to expand into more WCHA and less MTU focused discussions.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Has anyone where that is not a Tech fan listened to any of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast yet?
                          I was wondering what the non-MTU fans think of it so far. As we get more comfortable in what we're doing we're trying to expand into more WCHA and less MTU focused discussions.
                          I listened to this week's episode and enjoyed it. Matt Wellens was a good guest to have, and I thought the talk about the future of the league and things like video streaming were good discussions.
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            How about an hour-long weekly WCHA show and a shorter Tech specific show?

You have a lot of free time on your hands, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              I wonder what was said on the BG bench after they went down 3-0 to Huntsville.
                              I’m more curious what was said for two separate UAH players to earn 10-minute misconduct penalties. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team meltdown like that in a period.
                              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                How about an hour-long weekly WCHA show and a shorter Tech specific show?

You have a lot of free time on your hands, no?

very funny...maybe, most weeks we seem to have enough content. I've thought about about doing something like that and maybe it will come as content grows
                                I do like having a guest like Matt or someone following another WCHA team like Geof or Shane Frederick...we shall see how it goes. If we start recording 90 minutes consistently I might try to split it up.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X