No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I listened to the patreon version today. Thanks for doing the show. Its always fun to hear from other fan bases, and I like your insight on these forums also.
    Thanks! It was fun. I think the crew expected me to let them have it over the loss to UAH. I can't get excited over a 2nd win in 28 games, man.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Thanks! It was fun. I think the crew expected me to let them have it over the loss to UAH. I can't get excited over a 2nd win in 28 games, man.

GFM
      Hell, during the 4-win JR years, I would get excited about ties.

I jokingly made a comment to Tim that having you on after your win would be rubbing salt in my wounds. Thanks for taking it easy on me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Hell, during the 4-win JR years, I would get excited about ties.

I jokingly made a comment to Tim that having you on after your win would be rubbing salt in my wounds. Thanks for taking it easy on me.
        Well, after 12 in 17-18 and 8 in 18-19, being where we are is just such a kick in the face.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Here is this week's episode with Geof for everyone to listen:
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Thanks.

and Ryan, keep doing what you are doing. it's great to learn how it all works. Now all you need is a proper race car.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

"I still have a Camelbak that tastes slightly of tequila."

Gonna be hard to top that quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                "I still have a Camelbak that tastes slightly of tequila."

Gonna be hard to top that quote.
                Little piece of Carny Magic that seems will never leave, I don’t use that one often.
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I want to add some context to a couple of things:

Regarding the video stream: As I understand it, we've got the Havoc organization helping us with the video production. I've let our SID know about the feedback (such as the over-use of the videoboard graphics), and he'll have to pass that on to the Havoc. Early on in the season, they would use that ice-level camera every time UAH brought the puck into the offensive zone, which was awful, but they've stopped doing that, so hopefully they'll take the graphics feedback and improve. The center ice camera is typically better than it was during the Tech series. We were expecting it to be fixed on Saturday when the Havoc played, but it was not, so they need to fix it for this weekend. While it is far from perfect, if you've watched our streams before, it's still the best it's been since we joined the WCHA.

I haven't heard anything about the new facility being quashed by the UA Board of Trustees. It hasn't even been a year since Dr. Altenkirch unveiled the proposal, and Dr. Dawson (the new president) said the whole development (remember that it's more than just an arena) told me last September that it will take years to come to fruition. I was told that they will be hiring a master developer to recruit companies who would locate in the development and that they will be eliciting private support for the project. I'll get an update during the offseason.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                  U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                  NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                  CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                  CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                    I want to add some context to a couple of things:

Regarding the video stream: As I understand it, we've got the Havoc organization helping us with the video production. I've let our SID know about the feedback (such as the over-use of the videoboard graphics), and he'll have to pass that on to the Havoc. Early on in the season, they would use that ice-level camera every time UAH brought the puck into the offensive zone, which was awful, but they've stopped doing that, so hopefully they'll take the graphics feedback and improve. The center ice camera is typically better than it was during the Tech series. We were expecting it to be fixed on Saturday when the Havoc played, but it was not, so they need to fix it for this weekend. While it is far from perfect, if you've watched our streams before, it's still the best it's been since we joined the WCHA.

I haven't heard anything about the new facility being quashed by the UA Board of Trustees. It hasn't even been a year since Dr. Altenkirch unveiled the proposal, and Dr. Dawson (the new president) said the whole development (remember that it's more than just an arena) told me last September that it will take years to come to fruition. I was told that they will be hiring a master developer to recruit companies who would locate in the development and that they will be eliciting private support for the project. I'll get an update during the offseason.
                    often times in these situations, the arena comes first...but I do appreciate all the feedback. The feed is better than I have seen in years past and certainly not the worst in the WCHA, by any means but those graphics get a bit annoying especially during a replay review. When hunting for a moment from the 3rd period to record, I noted one stoppage where the graphic ran almost constantly for 3 or 4 minutes.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

often times in these situations, the arena comes first...but I do appreciate all the feedback. The feed is better than I have seen in years past and certainly not the worst in the WCHA, by any means but those graphics get a bit annoying especially during a replay review. When hunting for a moment from the 3rd period to record, I noted one stoppage where the graphic ran almost constantly for 3 or 4 minutes.
                      Yeah, that was very annoying, and I hope they start realizing what it's like for a viewer. By the way, I do enjoy the podcast every week, even though the Chargers hardly give you anything to talk about.
                      Michael Napier - UAH '97
                      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Wow, 41 official goals scored tonight and then an additional on scored in the 3 on 3 second OT!
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

crazy night in the WCHA....

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            Wow, 41 official goals scored tonight and then an additional on scored in the 3 on 3 second OT!
                            And it was only 4 games.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

We're recording the podcast tonight. If anyone has questions, we'll have Austin Monteith from the Bemidji Pioneer on as our guest this week.
                              email to chasingmac AT techhockeyguide DOT com

Comment

I hope I did this right this week.

Team, GP, Points, Possible Points, Possible Finish

Mankato 24 GP, 62, 74, 1-2 (home ice in first and second round)
                                Bemidji 22 GP, 51, 69, 1-5 (playoff berth)
                                Northern 22 GP, 44, 62, 2-7 (playoff berth)
                                Alaska 24 GP, 40, 52, 2-8 (playoff berth)
                                Tech 24 GP, 35, 49, 3-9
                                BGSU 22 GP, 34, 52, 2-9
                                Lake 22 GP, 27, 45, 3-10
                                UAA 24 GP, 20, 42, 4-10
                                Ferris 22 GP, 17, 35, 6-10
                                UAH 22 GP, 12, 30, 7-10

Remaining Schedules

Mankato: Bye, UAH, at BSU
                                BSU: at Northern, at UAA, Mankato
                                Northern: BSU, at Lake, home and home with Tech
                                Alaska: Bowling Green, Bye, UAA
                                Tech: at Ferris, Bye, home and home with Northern
                                Bowling Green: at Alaska, Ferris, at UAH
                                Lake: UAH, Northern, at Ferris
                                UAA: at Arizona State (non-conference), BSU, at Alaska
                                Ferris: Tech, at Bowling Green, Lake
                                UAH: at Lake, at Mankato, Bowling Green
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X