No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    There is no question he's a terrible sportsman.
    That's an element of this that gives me pause. He's fiery, and that's a good thing, but his PIM history also indicates a guy who runs too hot at times.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

A couple of Ferris seniors are moving on to the ECHL. Nate Kallen with Maine and Austin Shaw with Cincinnati.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        That's an element of this that gives me pause. He's fiery, and that's a good thing, but his PIM history also indicates a guy who runs too hot at times.
        He's the type of player that benefited with fights being all but taken out of college hockey. A pure instigator (even when he doesn't need to) that skirts the line of catching a penalty every second he's on the ice (for all the penalty minutes he has received, that number should probably be doubled by all the stuff he does that he doesn't get whistled for.) He'll learn when he gets to the next level in hockey and he takes those cheap little slashes/cross checks/spears and gets his clocked cleaned when he then has to drop the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
          He's the type of player that benefited with fights being all but taken out of college hockey. A pure instigator (even when he doesn't need to) that skirts the line of catching a penalty every second he's on the ice (for all the penalty minutes he has received, that number should probably be doubled by all the stuff he does that he doesn't get whistled for.) He'll learn when he gets to the next level in hockey and he takes those cheap little slashes/cross checks/spears and gets his clocked cleaned when he then has to drop the gloves.
          You mention the slashes, cross checks and spears, but you forgot to mention how many dives he takes. You can see one at the beginning of the clip in this thread. He has a lot of talent and provides a ton of offence, but the rest of the crap he brings to the ice is cowardice.

Comment

CCHA Rehash (2:08)
            WCHA Preseason Predictions Rehash (11:40)
            MTU vs NMU Series Recap (18:40)
            Questions (24:17)
            WCHA Playoff Money/Streaming (31:07)
            Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament (43:45)
            MTU Recruiting (54:06)
            WCHA Playoff Predictions (57:54)
            BGSU Renovations (62:14)
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              You mention the slashes, cross checks and spears, but you forgot to mention how many dives he takes. You can see one at the beginning of the clip in this thread. He has a lot of talent and provides a ton of offence, but the rest of the crap he brings to the ice is cowardice.
              Thus my comments on diving in another thread. I would say overall Duluth is a past master at diving.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Yes, skating through two defenseman while having a stick in your midsection = diving [emoji849]. And pinching the possible pass off the back boards is a completely legitimate play in that spot. I honestly expect more from people who post here rather than hearing the stupid **** fans say in the stands. Guess not [emoji848][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  Yes, skating through two defenseman while having a stick in your midsection = diving [emoji849]. And pinching the possible pass off the back boards is a completely legitimate play in that spot. I honestly expect more from people who post here rather than hearing the stupid **** fans say in the stands. Guess not [emoji848][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
                  If he wasn't diving going between the defencemen, but rather was impeded by a stick in his midsection, he wouldn't have fallen forward like he did.

I agree, pinching a possible pass off the end boards can be a good play, but not in this situation. The kid is talented and a strong skater. And I believe he knew what he was doing. He had plenty of time and space to go wherever he wanted. The MTU defenceman turned the play up the ice and Loughran altered his course to go straight at the referee. If the referee was another player, he would not have taken that path to pinch the boards. He clearly intended to make contact with the referee.

If you do not see what the video shows, I shall agree to disagree.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

If he wasn't diving going between the defencemen, but rather was impeded by a stick in his midsection, he wouldn't have fallen forward like he did.
                    If he's skating towards the net & he's impeded in that action, it's impossible to fall forward? Um, okay. First time watching hockey?
                    I agree, pinching a possible pass off the end boards can be a good play, but not in this situation. The kid is talented and a strong skater. And I believe he knew what he was doing. He had plenty of time and space to go wherever he wanted. The MTU defenceman turned the play up the ice and Loughran altered his course to go straight at the referee. If the referee was another player, he would not have taken that path to pinch the boards. He clearly intended to make contact with the referee.

If you do not see what the video shows, I shall agree to disagree.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    So, call it a bad play/choice to pinch. The defenseman turned up ice & Loughran made his move simultaneously.

Edit - Loughran is also the only Northern player in the zone as the rest of the team is on a line change. Being overly aggressive is acceptable where NMU wouldn't be caught pinching in this scenario.
                    Last edited by moose97; 03-06-2020, 11:56 AM.

AHA:
                    ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                      If he's skating towards the net & he's impeded in that action, it's impossible to fall forward? Um, okay. First time watching hockey?

So, call it a bad play/choice to pinch. The defenseman turned up ice & Loughran made his move simultaneously.
                      You can see it how you want but based on Loughran, the player, I don't give him the benefit of the doubt. I spoke to a former Referee that watched the video and said the kid should be suspended and he was shocked when I told him the Ref that was hit didn't mentioned it for review. I know people can see it both ways but there have been plenty of non-MTU fans that think Loughran should have been punished for this.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        You can see it how you want but based on Loughran, the player, I don't give him the benefit of the doubt. I spoke to a former Referee that watched the video and said the kid should be suspended and he was shocked when I told him the Ref that was hit didn't mentioned it for review. I know people can see it both ways but there have been plenty of non-MTU fans that think Loughran should have been punished for this.
                        Unless you talked to the actual referee in the video, both yours and my feelings are ultimately irrelevant. In the end, those officials determined nothing illegal was done either way in that video, which supports my argument over yours [emoji2369]

AHA:
                        ECAC:

Comment

moose, what is "emoji2369" ? It doesn't load on my computer or my phone...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            moose, what is "emoji2369" ? It doesn't load on my computer or my phone...
                            Shrug

AHA:
                            ECAC:

Comment

Personally, there is enough doubt about this particular act that I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Having said that, he's not a sportsmanlike player. So ......I think the ref did just that, over and over throughout the game. AND more importantly at the end of a previous game.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                There is no question he's a terrible sportsman.
                                I mean, he's not Saulnier, but ...

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X