This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    I'm wondering too, I thought I read once he was going to work with D or special teams. Maybe I dreamt it.
    I also think once in a while, we all sling mud at Red, but never the assistants. This is aweful to say but just thinking what if changes were made there. Not saying I'm a Red fan but....
    You aren’t wrong. For anything you say.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      I'm wondering too, I thought I read once he was going to work with D or special teams. Maybe I dreamt it.
      I also think once in a while, we all sling mud at Red, but never the assistants. This is aweful to say but just thinking what if changes were made there. Not saying I'm a Red fan but....
      It is a step up big time on defense. The weak link is VMT. He threw two passes in front of his own net. So he can’t play next weekend. Look at the tape.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Also, while I am on my soapbox. That northeastern has been a hell of a thorn in our side. They never bring a crowd. They have an even smaller rink for our new built defense. With clogging and discipline we can get two wins.
        BlackI
        What smaller rink are you talking about?? The Matthews Arena ice surface is 90’x200’. That’s 5’ WIDER than your rink. The extra width is there to force your “new built defense “ to skate a bit further when they feel that they want to hit someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          It is a step up big time on defense. The weak link is VMT. He threw two passes in front of his own net. So he can’t play next weekend. Look at the tape.
          VMT is awful, but Maine only has 8 defensemen on their entire team (9 if you count Bruneski as a defenseman), and 7 play every game. If Perry Winfree is worse than VMT I'm nervous to see him play, but Red is prone to choosing favorites so maybe VMT has found himself in Red's good graces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
            BlackI
            What smaller rink are you talking about?? The Matthews Arena ice surface is 90’x200’. That’s 5’ WIDER than your rink. The extra width is there to force your “new built defense “ to skate a bit further when they feel that they want to hit someone.
            She fifteen feet shorter. Do your homework.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              VMT is awful, but Maine only has 8 defensemen on their entire team (9 if you count Bruneski as a defenseman), and 7 play every game. If Perry Winfree is worse than VMT I'm nervous to see him play, but Red is prone to choosing favorites so maybe VMT has found himself in Red's good graces.
              I don’t care. I like defensemen that chose to chip out of zone versus one that kicks in front of his own net. I guess I am old school... but wow that was nerve racking.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I will take bruneski all day long. Because he hasn’t thrown pucks in front of his own net. Also, VMT doesn’t protect his net front. So what is so special about him? Nothing. I’ll take my chances with new talent. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  She fifteen feet shorter. Do your homework.
                  I invite you to visit the Hockeyeastonline.com. As a first time visitor, you must bookmark it! Click on “Teams”.
                  Do your own homework, before you go to class!
                  Come to Matthews this weekend. Bring a tape measure. I’ll show you how to use it.

Comment

Didnt NU do an upgrade to their rink many years ago? It may have been smaller 15 or 20 years but its bigger than Alfond now.

On the road against a better team should be a good test for Maine. Both games on tv I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Also, while I am on my soapbox. That northeastern has been a hell of a thorn in our side. They never bring a crowd. They have an even smaller rink for our new built defense. With clogging and discipline we can get two wins.
                      Matthews Arena is 200’x90’. That is a larger ice surface than Alfond.

Comment

Sadly vmt played poorly Saturday.
                        No 18 can't pass very well.
                        I thought Fossier wasn't up to his STDs Saturday.

Comment

Both teams have to adjust on any surface they play on, NU has home ice and knows the boards/ice etc. Maine will adjust as game goes on. Bottom line this is a Swayman series (again)...how he plays will dictate how Maine fares...Maine has to go in like they have so far, they know they are not the most talented team...they know it will be a all team effort in playing defense (blocking shots/clogging the center ice and winning the lose puck battles) and some how find some scoring...again another game that who scores 3 goals will have a legit chance at winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                            I invite you to visit the Hockeyeastonline.com. As a first time visitor, you must bookmark it! Click on “Teams”.
                            Do your own homework, before you go to class!
                            Come to Matthews this weekend. Bring a tape measure. I’ll show you how to use it.
                            Ok. I apologize to husky fans... all 248 of you.

Comment

Maine has one more win than NU in the same number of games, and they have identical GF/GA numbers. However, Maine has played a much tougher schedule according to RPI. I'm interested to see how the weekend goes.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                Maine has one more win than NU in the same number of games, and they have identical GF/GA numbers. However, Maine has played a much tougher schedule according to RPI. I'm interested to see how the weekend goes.
                                I noticed the similarity in the "Tales of the Tape", but I was surprised that UMO had played a stronger schedule (RPI-ly speaking). I don't doubt your math. What I missed was the fact that two teams that we thought would be strong, Union and especially St. Cloud, have terrible records at this point. We visited both teams and went 3-1 based more on our D than anything else. Then we went 2-3 against UMass and PC, which are strong teams. Ties against Merrimack and Holy Cross sabotaged our numbers. Fortunately, we are starting to come out of our offensive fog with 5 goals +2 ENs againt Providence. This weekend should be very competitive, as both teams have strong goaltending and Maine seems to have one or two potent lines this season.

BlackI - Apology accepted, of course. Get in touch with me if you would like a tour of Matthews before the game on Friday. We should have an interesting conversation. Maine is my second favorite place, as I have a house in Lyman on a pond full of compliant bass and a few trout.
                                Last edited by HHound; 11-19-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X