Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1003

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

  1. #781
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Not all of us live in a fantasyland where Maine wins every game it plays. Even downing Allen's 24/7 won't make you that delusional. You must have moved on to harder stuff.
    Lol. Wash the sand out of your under carriage.

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    689

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    College hockey has changed so much.....Maine has a terrific goaltender which is now even more important because of the parity of talent across the college hockey landscape in other positions. If they can make it into the NCAAs......who knows what can happen? How ironic would it be for Gendron to win it all this season? I would probably have to send him a personal letter of apology.

  3. #783
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by umhockey91 View Post
    College hockey has changed so much.....Maine has a terrific goaltender which is now even more important because of the parity of talent across the college hockey landscape in other positions. If they can make it into the NCAAs......who knows what can happen? How ironic would it be for Gendron to win it all this season? I would probably have to send him a personal letter of apology.
    On to northeastern.

    2-13-1 under Gendron.

    Don’t be like that politician, just focus on task at hand. No matter how much sand is in her under carriage.
    Last edited by BlackI; 11-21-2019 at 10:35 AM.

  4. #784
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    6,006

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by umhockey91 View Post
    How ironic would it be for Gendron to win it all this season?
    Jesus, I didn't think the opioid epidemic was THAT bad in Maine but this post has given me reason to reconsider the severity of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  5. #785
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,883

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Jesus, I didn't think the opioid epidemic was THAT bad in Maine but this post has given me reason to reconsider the severity of the problem.
    Im thinking acid is the current drug of choice. If you are going to dream might as well dream big.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  6. #786
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Jesus, I didn't think the opioid epidemic was THAT bad in Maine but this post has given me reason to reconsider the severity of the problem.
    This thread went from "We're terrible and Red should be fired!" to "We should go undefeated the rest of the season and Red is COTY!" in record time. Casual fans trying to catch up on this thread after a couple weeks off will need to be treated for whiplash.

  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Jesus, I didn't think the opioid epidemic was THAT bad in Maine but this post has given me reason to reconsider the severity of the problem.
    It's Nov, days are short and drinking time is extended.

  8. #788
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    5,014

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by umhockey91 View Post
    College hockey has changed so much.....Maine has a terrific goaltender which is now even more important because of the parity of talent across the college hockey landscape in other positions. If they can make it into the NCAAs......who knows what can happen? How ironic would it be for Gendron to win it all this season? I would probably have to send him a personal letter of apology.
    Don't draft that letter just yet.

    But -as you say- Maine has a shot at the NCAA's on Swayman's back, and by dint of their soft schedule going forward. I wouldn't predict such a thing, but I won't rule it out, either... Certainly it's a very long shot, no matter how you slice it.

    HEA stinks right now, and Maine has a terrible O (the worst of all of Red's bad classes, IMO). If Jeremy somehow carries this team to The Show, that'll constitute a minor miracle...Yet, if that happens, Sway could steal some games there.

    Not betting the farm on that, but it's been a fun ride so far. And Red has basically been a by-stander. He needs to go, in any case.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-21-2019 at 08:22 PM.

  9. #789
    There was no joy in Orono.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    This thread went from "We're terrible and Red should be fired!" to "We should go undefeated the rest of the season and Red is COTY!" in record time. Casual fans trying to catch up on this thread after a couple weeks off will need to be treated for whiplash.
    Has anyone said any of this? Consensus opinion seems to be “its all swayman and we’re afraid its going to end at any moment”

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Has anyone said any of this? Consensus opinion seems to be “its all swayman and we’re afraid its going to end at any moment”
    You are right, everyone is pinning there hopes on Swayman...as he is the reason this season has some hope...but he has to have his time on the Soap Box, you know always be different...no matter what. You say yes and he will say no...you say black he will say white...etc.

  11. #791
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,883

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Has anyone said any of this? Consensus opinion seems to be “its all swayman and we’re afraid its going to end at any moment”
    No, nobody has said any of that. But just think if Sway takes them to the NCAAs or HE championship Red will get credit and possibly get Coach of the year award . Should be good for extension
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  12. #792
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Has anyone said any of this? Consensus opinion seems to be “its all swayman and we’re afraid its going to end at any moment”

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    No. Win.

    No politics. Just win.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Hmm.. you are advocating we lose?
    Nope. No one.

  13. #793
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    No, nobody has said any of that. But just think if Sway takes them to the NCAAs or HE championship Red will get credit and possibly get Coach of the year award . Should be good for extension
    He'll get the extension anyway.

    But yeah, if a team that was picked eighth in the coaches' poll wins Hockey East then the coach might get some of the credit.

  14. #794
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    He'll get the extension anyway.

    But yeah, if a team that was picked eighth in the coaches' poll wins Hockey East then the coach might get some of the credit.
    I wonder how much longer he even wants to keep at it. He's turning 62 in a few days, he's no spring chicken anymore.

  15. #795
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Dave picks a Northeastern sweep; Jim picks a split.

  16. #796
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I wonder how much longer he even wants to keep at it. He's turning 62 in a few days, he's no spring chicken anymore.
    62 is young😄.

    Heck if they win HE I won't bitc* about an extension. But I'm not concerned an extension is coming.

    Who's the most sr D1 coach?

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Huskys don't fund their hockey through ticket sales.

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Zero d on that goal

  19. #799
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    Northeastern scores on the first shot of the game. 1-0

  20. #800
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    845

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

    They have no answer for Tyler Madden.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •