Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Recruits playing in Lewiston
    https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/11/1...Ahd7fPni85WD_0

If you want fans in the seats, sweeping UNH is a good way to get people excited and back into Alfond
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Recruits playing in Lewiston
    https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/11/1...Ahd7fPni85WD_0

If you want fans in the seats, sweeping UNH is a good way to get people excited and back into Alfond
    Sweeping UNH is good for everyoneís health too. There are lots of benefits. The weather even seems better today.

Here are wabi highlights...
    https://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Maine-Hockey-wins-a-thriller-sweeps-New-Hampshire-565055192.html

The feed from the corner for the win, a back hand by Smith was perfect. Unh D was coasting and goalie wasn't expecting that.

https://twitter.com/MaineIceHockey/s...057535488?s=09

This should be a link to the 2 goals.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 11-17-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Banned
    According to hockeyeastonline the games at Northeastern are on nesn+.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Good weekend to be a Black Bear!! I for one shall enjoy it
    Girls hockey won in OT Friday. Now they play UConn on the road today at 2 pm. With a win they go to 6-4-2 and 4th in hockey east standings. The game can be watched for free. Good way to pass time before the Patriots game comes on at 4:30 pm. If lady blackbears and patriots win today I would not have anything to ***** about.

Be nice to get 3 of the upcoming 7 on the road and get to 10 wins before the break.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Girls hockey won in OT Friday. Now they play UConn on the road today at 2 pm. With a win they go to 6-4-2 and 4th in hockey east standings. The game can be watched for free. Good way to pass time before the Patriots game comes on at 4:30 pm. If lady blackbears and patriots win today I would not have anything to ***** about.
    Maine Women's Hockey play at Home today @ 2pm, not on the road.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Maine Women's Hockey play at Home today @ 2pm, not on the road.
    Even better!

Even better!
    yes

Maine has a 50/50 chance of being ranked this week IMHO. #ís 20-19-18 all split this weekend. If not ranked, they should be #21. It would be a good mental boost to the guys and build on the momentum of playing well since after opening weekend. Obviously two at Northeastern this coming weekend will test the mettle.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
    Maine has a 50/50 chance of being ranked this week IMHO. #ís 20-19-18 all split this weekend. If not ranked, they should be #21. It would be a good mental boost to the guys and build on the momentum of playing well since after opening weekend. Obviously two at Northeastern this coming weekend will test the mettle.
    I agree with you. I think there's a chance they end up ranked, but my gut tells me they will end up just short at #21 a few points off from getting in.

Anyone know if BHall is okay? He hasnít been on here for a couple months and hasnít updated his spreadsheet in almost a month. Hopefully he has just been busy with other stuff and nothing is wrong.

Kirby, how was the attendance at this weekendís games? Not the published attendance but the actual.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I agree with you. I think there's a chance they end up ranked, but my gut tells me they will end up just short at #21 a few points off from getting in.
    There it is...#21. 83 votes.

Kirby, how was the attendance at this weekend’s games? Not the published attendance but the actual.
    Friday 4700 plus and Saturday just over 5000. I would think those totals were very close...imo.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Kirby, how was the attendance at this weekendís games? Not the published attendance but the actual.
    It was strong. The student section was completely full both nights, I wasn't able to sit up there on Saturday since I was running late and they had run out of tickets for the balcony. There were a handful of open seats, mostly in the expensive seats close to the glass, but otherwise it was pretty full. Dohrety's tying goal on Saturday was the loudest I've heard Alfond in my time as a student. Im personally a pretty bad judge of how many people are in an area just by looking, but I would guess it was pretty close to the reported totals.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    It was strong. The student section was completely full both nights, I wasn't able to sit up there on Saturday since I was running late and they had run out of tickets for the balcony. There were a handful of open seats, mostly in the expensive seats close to the glass, but otherwise it was pretty full. Dohrety's tying goal on Saturday was the loudest I've heard Alfond in my time as a student. Im personally a pretty bad judge of how many people are in an area just by looking, but I would guess it was pretty close to the reported totals.
    Saturday was full. I was up high in NN and only a few seats around us were open.
    The place was shaking after those two goals, been a few years to have heard such response. For 58 minutes it was painful to watch.
    I was impressed the student section stayed full. Usually they bale out second period.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Saturday was full. I was up high in NN and only a few seats around us were open.
    The place was shaking after those two goals, been a few years to have heard such response. For 58 minutes it was painful to watch.
    I was impressed the student section stayed full. Usually they bale out second period.
    What is full attendance now. I think before redo of sky box area it was 5612. But I donít know what it is now. Tippy can probably tell us. I thought crowd was great. The band adds so much energy. Also, love the sign at beginning that said we got two how about you. Now if the students could have put UHN in there... and if they had a water bottle goddess... it would have been just like old times.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Anyone know if BHall is okay? He hasnít been on here for a couple months and hasnít updated his spreadsheet in almost a month. Hopefully he has just been busy with other stuff and nothing is wrong.
    Donít know if he is ok. But he has been out for stretches in the past. He sights busy schedule and work travel. So have to be patient. He has great insights though.

Never Forget!

What is full attendance now. I think before redo of sky box area it was 5612. But I donít know what it is now. Tippy can probably tell us. I thought crowd was great. The band adds so much energy. Also, love the sign at beginning that said we got two how about you. Now if the students could have put UHN in there... and if they had a water bottle goddess... it would have been just like old times.

Attendance Friday was 4787 and Saturday was 5012. The university Facebook page put out a thank you to the "10,000 fans" who attended this weekend, but quick math tells me that number is inaccurate. Or they were counting police, ushers, the guy selling baked potatoes...

Thread Information