X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
    Maine would have went 42-1-2 if Swayman started the second night vs Quinnipiac
    Had he started that night, nobody knows...but don't you think there chances would have been better and sweeping a #8/#10 in the country would be a further plus for this team in confidence and getting the fan base back to Alfond Arena.....(?) Winning is the name of the game...in October as well as January and March...especially out of Conference games versus ranked teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
      Maine would have went 42-1-2 if Swayman started the second night vs Quinnipiac
      Would be amazing to pull that off in only 42 games.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        A brawl in a game between Maine and BU? My heavens, I've never heard of such a thing.
        Who did Mercier school in 92 93

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Who did Mercier school in 92 93

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I think he fought Prendergast.

On a separate note... 165 yards on five completions??? Wow

Comment

Well, it's been a fun start, and it's always a warm and fuzzy feeling to beat BU, but Maine is still scoring-challenged.

If Swayman keeps playing like this: (A.) He's a certain Aii-American, and (B.) Maine's a mortal lock for the NCAA's.

If not? Well...

Comment

Dohrety with a fast one, and Maine is up 1-0. Fast start for the Black Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                I think he fought Prendergast.

On a separate note... 165 yards on five completions??? Wow
                The kid can play, right? Might turn out to be Maine's best QB since Mike Buck, and Ferguson has been pretty d*** good over his career, too.

Comment

Why are they having tv timeouts when the game isn’t on tv? Just one more thing to discourage people from going.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

1-0 Maine after one. Shots 10-8 for Maine. Honestly kind of a boring period, I felt like there werent many great chances for either team. I would bet sustained zone time favored Maine.

Comment

Dawe playing? I thought he may have been hurt last nite. Slash to the head.
                      Last edited by NorthMike; 11-02-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        Dawe playing? I thought he may have been hurt last nite. Slash to the head.
                        Yep, he's been in. Rennaker is listed on the lineup sheet, but isn't playing and has been replaced by Lindelow. Must have been a last-minute scratch.

Comment

Gross period. BU ties it, and Maine can't get anything going offensively. On to the third tied 1-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            Gross period. BU ties it, and Maine can't get anything going offensively. On to the third tied 1-1.
                            Somewhat true, but Maine had two chances they really should have taken that period.

The crowd looks pretty good to me tonight and even though the number was low I thought last night’s was decent as well. Good to see some work going in to getting the crowds back.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Somewhat true, but Maine had two chances they really should have taken that period.

The crowd looks pretty good to me tonight and even though the number was low I thought last night’s was decent as well. Good to see some work going in to getting the crowds back.
                              It sounded like they missed a 2 on goalie in 2nd. That should be a done deal.

Last night crowd was lite, about 3/4 or less full.
                              Power outages might have kept folks home. Don't know why but whatever.

Comment

A deflection goes Maine's way, and its 2-1. They look a lot better in the third.

Comment

Working...
                                X