X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted, interview with Swayman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS22W-DhbEY
    Thanks a lot for the link. I'm rooting for him even more as a result.

Comment

2-0 Maine after the first. Shots tied 12-12. Poisson gets his first on the PP, slamming home a rebound into a wide open net, followed up by Rennaker scoring on a rush down the wing on a shot Tucker probably should have had. Play has been consistent, but marked by one team dominating in the offensive zone for minutes at a time. Both Maine and BU have had their moments of sustained pressure. A scrum and mini-brawl broke out in front of BU's net near the end of the first, with a penalty going to each team on the play, then Sirota went off for an iffy slashing call with 0:13 to go. The second will start with a 4-on-3 power play for 0:49, then a normal 5-on-4 power play for 0:58 for BU. Maine is 1/1 on the PK pending the completion of Sirota's minor, and is 1/2 on the PP.

Comment

A brawl in a game between Maine and BU? My heavens, I've never heard of such a thing.

Comment

GO BLUE, Red or not.

Comment

BU got their legs a bit in that period, and cut the lead in half. Score 2-1 after the second. The goal was on a 2-on-1 odd man rush with Spicer caught back. Shots 26-24 for Maine.

Comment

Just as we commented that Maine was being (badly) outplayed in the third, Schmitty puts one home on a 2-on-1 on a great feed from Poisson. 3-1 Maine.

Comment

UMD fan here rooting for Maine. Similar north woods environment and have met several long-time dedicated Maine fans (that have attended the last ~20 tournament finals wearing Maine hoodies) at the last couple of Frozen Fours.

Comment

Maine wins it 4-2 with an ENG. It was a solid game I'd say, though the first half of the third period was all BU. But, Maine got the big pick-me-up goal when it counted, and looked rejuvenated after it. Good win.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                    Just as we commented that Maine was being (badly) outplayed in the third, Schmitty puts one home on a 2-on-1 on a great feed from Poisson. 3-1 Maine.
                    JSS with a similar assist on Poisson goal earlier. Nice to see them develop some chemistry. What a turn around after that first weekend. Let’s hope for a sweep.

Comment

Nice win, even better against BU

Comment

Nice to see maine take a lead a hold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Hopefully they crack over 3500 per night, can bet there will be many BU fans, maybe a few Friday...but a good bunch come Saturday.
                          Almost. 3447.

Comment

Its near impossible for a goalie these days but if this keeps up Jeremy Swayman ought to win the freaking Hobey

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

The key as always will be a solid goaltender...and a team that buys into the lunch pail brand hockey that everyone has a part in it...blocking shots...killing penalty's...winning face-offs and buy into team defense...and discipline.

Comment

Maine would have went 42-1-2 if Swayman started the second night vs Quinnipiac

Comment

Working...
                                X