X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I’m happy Maine won, but don’t really understand why Thiessen didn’t play where they were just playing Vermont.
    Let's put this to rest. Swayman has to play every game. Maine can't risk losing games just to see what Thiessen can do. They especially have to win their Hockey East games.

Comment

Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
      Let's put this to rest. Swayman has to play every game. Maine can't risk losing games just to see what Thiessen can do. They especially have to win their Hockey East games.
      Vermont goalie played every game Vermont had last year. Why, because he gave them the best chance to win. Last I checked you play the games to win.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Vermont goalie played every game Vermont had last year. Why, because he gave them the best chance to win. Last I checked you play the games to win.
        +1 and then some...

Comment

Couple other tidbits from last night's game...

Shots ended at a total of 33-32 for Maine. Maine had four power plays, they scored on one (1/4), and the GWG was a PPG. Vermont had 5 power plays, they were held scoreless (0/5). Vermont had 1:14 of 5-on-3 time in the first period with Sirota and Westerlund in the box that Maine killed. Maine had 0:36 of 5-on-3 time in the third and didn't score with the two man advantage, but scored their PPG on the second of those two penalties.

In all I thought it was a reasonably even game with a slight edge for Maine, though there were times where Maine couldn't clear the zone and Vermont hemmed them in for extended zone time. Likewise, Maine had their times dominating in the offensive zone with some good cycles. I think the next two weekends may be the most crucial for the entire conference slate for Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
            Every. Single. Game.

His save % is an eye-popping .961 in his last 5 games.

Comment

• Men highlights from last night... https://youtu.be/Zh3XJtYJCdc

Nice toe drag snipe through screen by JSS.

Women beat UNH last night. Highlights... https://youtu.be/PoHjecS4A_4

Women actually play at 4 pm on nesn plus against BC in case anyone wants to watch double header for UMaine hockey. BC would be a heavy favorite in that game.

Comment

Ferguson may not start again at UMaine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  +1 and then some...

To be honest, I did appreciate the courage Red showed putting Theissen in, even though it didn't work out. He needs to get experience playing in a game situation. Plus, even more importantly last year Swayman did need a rest the second game and ended up having down games Saturday nights. He looked great both nights last week, which I think is more a testament to his own hard work, preparation and growing confidence.

Because of the recent comments I looked at the Bruin's schedule as an example of an NHL team, and they rarely have back-to-back games. Also, seems like they have been rotating Halack in every other game.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post

Because of the recent comments I looked at the Bruin's schedule as an example of an NHL team, and they rarely have back-to-back games. Also, seems like they have been rotating Halack in every other game.
                    Halak plays because he's an excellent goal tender, Thiessen not so much. If you saw him (Thiessen) in the New Brunswick game you would understand why some people were stunned that he started the game against Quinnipiac. Terrible coaching move. Thiessen doesn't look like he's anywhere near ready for D-1 hockey, maybe never will be. Mundinger was much more solid in goal in the exhibition game, giving up 1 goal in a period and a half vs Thiessen's 4.

The coaches should be looking for another backup goaltender maybe even a transfer, since there's a good chance Swayman will be gone after this season. Neither Androlewicz or Langford look very promising at this point.
                    Last edited by dogtagger; 10-26-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Ferguson may not start again at UMaine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I wouldn't start him again unless he's absolutely 100%. Fagnano has looked very good, and giving him max reps this year bodes well for the future.

Comment

• Women’s hockey headed to OT with BC on nesn plus right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Women’s hockey headed to OT with BC on nesn plus right now.
                          Tie. Nice game against undefeated BC.

Comment

File under “recruiting is an inexact science” this kid looks like he could be the best qb ever and Maine signed him with less than a full scholarship (presumably means no one else offered a full boat https://bangordailynews.com/2019/08/...p-from-umaine/

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I wouldn't start him again unless he's absolutely 100%. Fagnano has looked very good, and giving him max reps this year bodes well for the future.
                              100% or not Fagnano looks really good. Isn't the current head coach last years D coach? or was he the O coach? Because the Black Hole is clearly not the same as past years. The offense looks decent but the D is lacking compared to the last few years. Penalties are still an issue though.

Comment

100% or not Fagnano looks really good. Isn't the current head coach last years D coach? or was he the O coach? Because the Black Hole is clearly not the same as past years. The offense looks decent but the D is lacking compared to the last few years. Penalties are still an issue though.
                                The D Coach left for James Madison...you hit the nail with the hammer on the D is not even close to last year...injury's have hurt, but a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X