This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    If they did that they easily could have lost Saturday night. It’s much better to lose a game you should lose than lose a game you should win. Not quite sure why so many people are confused on that point.
    Ok, call me confused. I think it is best to never plan to lose. I prefer a coach that always puts his team in its best position to win. We cannot say this about Gendron.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Ok, call me confused. I think it is best to never plan to lose. I prefer a coach that always puts his team in its best position to win. We cannot say this about Gendron.
      That’s what he was doing last night. This might shock some people but Swayman isn’t goin. To be around forever. He even this year he could get hurt or get in trouble. What games would be better than last night to play Thiessen in?

Also, what are people’s expectations for this season? I can’t see where Maine will be in the NCAA mix which makes last night’s game meaningless. My hope is that Maine has a respectable hockey east finish and it’s good to have your backup get some experience in case he is forced to play in some conference games.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

That’s what he was doing last night. This might shock some people but Swayman isn’t goin. To be around forever. He even this year he could get hurt or get in trouble. What games would be better than last night to play Thiessen in?

Also, what are people’s expectations for this season? I can’t see where Maine will be in the NCAA mix which makes last night’s game meaningless. My hope is that Maine has a respectable hockey east finish and it’s good to have your backup get some experience in case he is forced to play in some conference games.
        Playing your rookie goalie for the first time on the road against a Top 10 team is one of the worst games possible to choose. It would have been better to get him in action against Alaska in the comforts of home, or at Vermont next weekend. Im not opposed to Theissen getting starts, what I'm opposed to was the game that was chosen to be his first start.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

We have zero expectations just like Red

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Playing your rookie goalie for the first time on the road against a Top 10 team is one of the worst games possible to choose. It would have been better to get him in action against Alaska in the comforts of home, or at Vermont next weekend. Im not opposed to Theissen getting starts, what I'm opposed to was the game that was chosen to be his first start.
            What you said.

If Red simply wanted him to get some game experience, the last weekend vs. possibly the worst team in D-1 *might* have made more sense..?

Gendron could eff up a 2-car parade.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              What you said.

If Red simply wanted him to get some game experience, the last weekend vs. possibly the worst team in D-1 *might* have made more sense..?

Gendron could eff up a 2-car parade.
              No need to play a rookie goaltender this early in the season. If there is a huge drive to get the kid some early confidence in playing in a new league, do it against an easier opponent like Alaska or Vermont. After 3 goals on 6 shots in 7 minutes, this kid's development could well have been moved backwards. Not smart at all.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                No need to play a rookie goaltender this early in the season. If there is a huge drive to get the kid some early confidence in playing in a new league, do it against an easier opponent like Alaska or Vermont. After 3 goals on 6 shots in 7 minutes, this kid's development could well have been moved backwards. Not smart at all.
                Maine’s just not good enough to play him against those teams. All of you are missing the bigger picture.

Comment

Maine’s just not good enough to play him against those teams. All of you are missing the bigger picture.
                  So you're saying Maine isnt good enough to get him experience against a bad team, so the solution is to play him against a good team? I usually like your analysis Drew, but you're way off the mark on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                    So you're saying Maine isnt good enough to get him experience against a bad team, so the solution is to play him against a good team? I usually like your analysis Drew, but you're way off the mark on this one.
                    That’s exactly what I mean. I don’t like it, and you shouldn’t like it, but that’s where Maine is right now.

Comment

That’s exactly what I mean. I don’t like it, and you shouldn’t like it, but that’s where Maine is right now.
                      That just does not cut it...nope. You have your opinion and nothing against it...that's what this thread is all about, thoughts/ideas. But after Maine on Friday beat QU the number #8/#10
                      rated team in the early Polls...you go back with Swayman no matter what...you go for that sweep...QU had all the pressure on Saturday and with Swayman in the crease there task would have been a whole lot tougher...no matter how bad Maine is on paper and on the ice, you go for the wins. And as far as playing the Freshman, play him against the likes of Vermont & Merrimack at home with the home crowd behind him, all the under 3000 now a days at Alfond. He knows coming in his starts would be limited and that the key was to get practicing in and learning from Swayman and Michuad(Coach)during the season.IMO this is on Gendron 100%, wins against ranked teams brings on confidence...gets the fans back into it and even as far fetched...maybe catches a recruits eye at coming to Maine(most likely not of late).

Comment

Maine beat Alaska 7-1 with Swayman. If they would have lost with Thiessen, then the kid isn't DI material, plain and simple. You don't play to lose, you play to win.
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          Maine beat Alaska 7-1 with Swayman. If they would have lost with Thiessen, then the kid isn't DI material, plain and simple. You don't play to lose, you play to win.
                          So Thiessen played the second night when the final was 2-1 in OT?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            So Thiessen played the second night when the final was 2-1 in OT?
                            NO and you know that

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              NO and you know that
                              Just making sure.

Comment

Maine garnered 0 votes in the USCHO poll. Quinnipiac fell to 9th.

Comment

Working...
                                X