This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Making his first collegiate start in goal for the Black Bears tonight is Matthew Theissen.
    Last edited by amkirby10; 10-19-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Schmitty with a rocket on the rush pots one for Maine on their first shot, 1-0 Black Bears.

Comment

Just like that Q ties it with a shot off the rush of their own, Theissen needed to have that one.

Comment

Looked bad on that one. Hopefully just nerves and not a sign of things to come.

Comment

A brutal turnover leads to another strike from Q, 2-1 Bobcats.

Comment

3-1 Q, strong net drive gets the goal. Thiessen's night is over, Swayman is out to take over.

Comment

Swayman down by 7 at PC red leaves him in. Swayman has a great game last night so Red decides to start Thiessen, wt f
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Swayman down by 7 at PC red leaves him in. Swayman has a great game last night so Red decides to start Thiessen, wt f
                  I would really love to hear Red's explanation for that one. I would have expected Theissen to get his chance against a weak opponent at home against Alaska, not on the road against a Top 10 ranked team.

Comment

I like the idea of starting Thiessen and Red would have done well to leave him in longer. Maine already has a split in the bag and can’t play Swayman every game.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      No rhyme or reason as to what Red is thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I like the idea of starting Thiessen and Red would have done well to leave him in longer. Maine already has a split in the bag and can’t play Swayman every game.
                        I thought Theissen would have a reasonably long leash, but clearly I was mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Every game? we are a couple games into the season. Sway had a great game against a ranked team, yeah lets throw a rookie in, a kid who hasn't played a game yet. You and Red make great coaching decisions
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Two games a week. He can play every game if needed. Maine is not good enough to be able to give away potential wins.

Comment

Every game? we are a couple games into the season. Sway had a great game against a ranked team, yeah lets throw a rookie in, a kid who hasn't played a game yet. You and Red make great coaching decisions
                              This.

Smack my head. Sway was reason for chance to win. Let’s f this up and ruin a rookies confidence in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                This.

Smack my head. Sway was reason for chance to win. Let’s f this up and ruin a rookies confidence in the process.
                                Evidently we have to hold off on that extension for Red.

Comment

Working...
                                X