This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

For those that were at the game, was WMEB up on broadcast row? The game wasn't available online.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      For those that were at the game, was WMEB up on broadcast row? The game wasn't available online.
      We watched it online via the GBB link.

The "watch" option wasn't available on her Droid-OS smartphone, but I streamed it on my Chromebook without a glitch.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-11-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        We watched it online via the GBB link.

The "watch" option wasn't available on her Droid-OS smartphone, but I streamed it on my Chromebook without a glitch.
        I was just curious about WMEB. The student station used to broadcast every home game and some road games. I don't think it was on last season and appears not to be on again this year. In fact, looking at the WMEB schedule, there are no sporting events on there at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          I was just curious about WMEB. The student station used to broadcast every home game and some road games. I don't think it was on last season and appears not to be on again this year. In fact, looking at the WMEB schedule, there are no sporting events on there at all.
          I used to be involved with WMEB my freshman year and early in my sophomore year. The station has become very music-centric, and in some cases have actively tried to push sports off the air in favor of more music shows. My friend and I lobbied station leadership many times to actually broadcast more games, not just for hockey, and it never went anywhere or got off the ground. I called more than a handful of Maine home games, and the playoff series my freshman year when they were embarassed at Vermont, and I'm not sure still if it ever actually got on the air or if anyone heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            I used to be involved with WMEB my freshman year and early in my sophomore year. The station has become very music-centric, and in some cases have actively tried to push sports off the air in favor of more music shows. My friend and I lobbied station leadership many times to actually broadcast more games, not just for hockey, and it never went anywhere or got off the ground. I called more than a handful of Maine home games, and the playoff series my freshman year when they were embarassed at Vermont, and I'm not sure still if it ever actually got on the air or if anyone heard it.
            That's very disappointing. In recent years WMEB has had some excellent coverage of hockey, and other teams on campus. Bryan Roche in particular did so much to get a solid sports page together. A separate feed for live events, a stream on TuneIn, a website with archived interviews and games. A highlight is still the live broadcast of the rain delay game at Fenway with Cody, Whitneigh and Alex staying on the air through the whole thing because there was no one in the studio. A 6-0 loss at Merrimack with WMEB positioned right next to the goal horn was another memorable night. Sad to see sports falling by the wayside but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              That's very disappointing. In recent years WMEB has had some excellent coverage of hockey, and other teams on campus. Bryan Roche in particular did so much to get a solid sports page together. A separate feed for live events, a stream on TuneIn, a website with archived interviews and games. A highlight is still the live broadcast of the rain delay game at Fenway with Cody, Whitneigh and Alex staying on the air through the whole thing because there was no one in the studio. A 6-0 loss at Merrimack with WMEB positioned right next to the goal horn was another memorable night. Sad to see sports falling by the wayside but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.
              Yes, it is quite sad. I remember my sophomore year they went through the trouble to get press passes for a road football game at JMU in Virginia, sent a crew down, and then didn't put it on the air so some DJ could do his music show in that time slot, and they wouldn't let anyone jump in to cover the game even after his show ended.

Comment

Maine football up 7-0. Ferguson is limping but he zipped a nice TD pass to number 11.

Good for the hockey team to beat a team they should beat. Maybe the offense will come to life after lighting up Alaska.

PC lost to HC, what the .....
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Maine football up 7-0. Ferguson is limping but he zipped a nice TD pass to number 11.

Good for the hockey team to beat a team they should beat. Maybe the offense will come to life after lighting up Alaska.

PC lost to HC, what the .....
                  And did you see who had the opener for HC?
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Ferguson out and new qb for Maine. Looks pretty fast running

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      As someone who was the Sports Director at WMEB my senior year back in 1983 that is very disappointing. Of course back then there was a broadcast major. We broadcast every football game home and away, as well as all home hockey games and all away in New England along with men's and women's hoops. But the broadcast industry, like the print industry is not what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Ferguson out and new qb for Maine. Looks pretty fast running

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        Knee?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Knee?
                          Sprained foot according to announcers. Maine looks like no offense now

Comment

Had a chance to tie with 30 secs left, INT, season over for Maine as far as playoffs are concerned

Comment

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Had a chance to tie with 30 secs left, INT, season over for Maine as far as playoffs are concerned
                                Looking at the box, Maine dominated.

They still have a snowball's chance if they run the table, but that's never happening if Ferguson isn't healthy.

Too bad. I had high hopes for this season. Considering the schedule, I thought that 9 wins was a possibility.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-12-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X