This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Said in one place Ferg is looking for graduate transfer, if thats right I think its a better look for Maine. Getting that degree in 3 years or four if he redshirted is awesome. Hope he does well where he lands.
    Evidently, and if I understand the rules, he will graduate from Maine at the end of this season. Which means he deserves everything he can get. He was some special last season. Sort of hate to see him go. But at the same time if it helps his career I can’t be selfish in wanting to keep him. Hopefully his time at Maine prepared him for his next step in life. He sounds strong and probably paved the way as a leader of the QBs. Wishing him well and will be a secondary fan for whatever team he plays for. I think wherever he goes, despite our lack of population, he will have a lot of secondary fans. From Blackbear nation we loved having you Ferguson, and we will be your fans for a long time. Great qb, great kid with big values.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      Maine has a commitment from this guy.....

https://twitter.com/derekr1212/statu...02874014445568
      Sounds good to me.

Too bad that E. Edwards will move on, but I look forward to seeing him play on Sundays. He has the stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Yeah if its already at 27 the chances they get to 14 are pretty slim. Their only way in is to win the HE tourney riding Sway. Him being on crutches for that isn't going to work very well
        Hockey Eaat has four teams 39 and below and five teams between 22 and 32. The best bet for every team might be the tourney. BC is the top team right now, but have to think the league games will kill their chances of an at large bid.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Well, truth be told I don’t like you all. However, I love you all. So, I am very thankful of all of my blackbear fans... even fishman.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Well, truth be told I don’t like you all. However, I love you all. So, I am very thankful of all of my blackbear fans... even fishman.
            Eloquently put.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Hockey Eaat has four teams 39 and below and five teams between 22 and 32. The best bet for every team might be the tourney. BC is the top team right now, but have to think the league games will kill their chances of an at large bid.
              I think that Hockey East has become too big and talent too spread out. Also looking at individual schools.....Merrimack and UMass-Lowell have gone D1 across the board with resources being directed toward other sports. Vermont is all about basketball now. Football has surpassed hockey at UNH and Maine. UConn & UMass trying to keep their football programs afloat. BU has fallen since Parker left. Only Providence & Northeastern have consistently improved over the past 5 years.

I'd like to see see America East Hockey form with:

Maine
              UNH
              Vermont
              UMass-Lowell
              NU
              BU
              UMass
              UConn

8 teams is plenty it would allow for home & home series vs. everyone plus 6 OOC games.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                I think that Hockey East has become too big and talent too spread out. Also looking at individual schools.....Merrimack and UMass-Lowell have gone D1 across the board with resources being directed toward other sports. Vermont is all about basketball now. Football has surpassed hockey at UNH and Maine. UConn & UMass trying to keep their football programs afloat. BU has fallen since Parker left. Only Providence & Northeastern have consistently improved over the past 5 years.

I'd like to see see America East Hockey form with:

Maine
                UNH
                Vermont
                UMass-Lowell
                NU
                BU
                UMass
                UConn

8 teams is plenty it would allow for home & home series vs. everyone plus 6 OOC games.
                No Providence?/Merrimack?/Boston College? Come on Hockey East is a staple...if anything they should add a 12th team, someone like Quinnipiac which "they"(QU)would most likely not go for. I hear your idea..But Hockey East has to stay(imo).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  No Providence?/Merrimack?/Boston College? Come on Hockey East is a staple...if anything they should add a 12th team, someone like Quinnipiac which "they"(QU)would most likely not go for. I hear your idea..But Hockey East has to stay(imo).
                  I’m not sure I’ve ever disagreed more with a Maine fan. Hockey East should absolutely get smaller. The league was much, much better before expansion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I’m not sure I’ve ever disagreed more with a Maine fan. Hockey East should absolutely get smaller. The league was much, much better before expansion.
                    Who should go, though? Merrimack is an "obvious" choice, but who else should leave? Vermont? I do agree that 11 is a bad number, but it should either be 10 or 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      Who should go, though? Merrimack is an "obvious" choice, but who else should leave? Vermont? I do agree that 11 is a bad number, but it should either be 10 or 12.
                      UConn would be the most obvious choice. Maybe they would just cut hockey? I could see Merrimack going to Atlantic hockey. Aren’t a bunch of those schools in their conference for the other sports?

Edit: Nine really was a great number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        UConn would be the most obvious choice. Maybe they would just cut hockey? I could see Merrimack going to Atlantic hockey. Aren’t a bunch of those schools in their conference for the other sports?

I don't see Merrimack going down to AH. They just moved up to D1 in all sports, which shows a greater commitment to athletics. I don't think its really possible to be nationally competitive in AH, so if that's their goal they need to stay in HEA.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Well, there is one school in Hockey East that is a far geographic outlier and is apparently unable to fund its program in a manner that would let it compete on a conference wide or national scale... If that school went (along with, say, similarly situated Vermont), this bus league could go back to Friday/Saturday night home and homes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            Well, there is one school in Hockey East that is a far geographic outlier and is apparently unable to fund its program in a manner that would let it compete on a conference wide or national scale... If that school went (along with, say, similarly situated Vermont), this bus league could go back to Friday/Saturday night home and homes.
                            That school is in the top two or three as far as fans go and has won more than most of the other schools in the league. I think because of the decline in the last 15 years we lose sight of the bigger picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              Eloquently put.
                              I was kidding. Like you all as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Nobody is stopping you from enjoying all the home and home games you can take.

Comment

Working...
                                X