X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    You'd think eventually they'd give us some credit for the good hockey we're playing. My money is on split, Maine probably wins tomorrow and Lowell on Saturday.
    Really a split at Lowell? Im not convinced Maine is that good but maybe I'm undervaluing Sway. Be great to get some points at Lowell. Its alway good when HE writers don't pick Maine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Really a split at Lowell? Im not convinced Maine is that good but maybe I'm undervaluing Sway. Be great to get some points at Lowell. Its alway good when HE writers don't pick Maine

Should be a close, tight checking series...Swayman will need to be the best player on the ice each night...UML has been playing well and there goaltender Wall is like Swayman in that he's has to be there best player...and any time you play a Bazin led team you need to be ready as they show up with no quit in there play....Figure 3-2, 3-1 games...hoping for at least one win...and the HE writers love to pick against Maine...knowing full well we are backing our team no matter what...good/bad. GO Maine..!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Lowell is not what they once were earlier in the decade, I think they are comparable to Maine these days. Should be a close and entertaining weekend.

Comment

Lowell is probably better overall, but Swayman should be the best player on the ice.

Comment

0-0 after one. Shots 10-7 for Maine. Black Bears will begin the second period down 5-on-3 for 0:50.

Comment

1-0 UML after the second. Not a great period for Maine. Shots after two are 23-15 for UML.

Comment

Its a tie, 1-1. Maine looked about even to Lowell in the first, pretty bad in the second, and even again in the third, possible slight edge to Maine, and pretty good in overtime. Final shots 37-31 for UML.

Comment

• Good to see Maine battle for a hard earned point on the tie. Goalie dual I guess. Let’s hope Maine plays as good or better tomorrow.

Comment

Pretty good outcome, all things considered.

Swayman is keeping Red afloat.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      Its a tie, 1-1. Maine looked about even to Lowell in the first, pretty bad in the second, and even again in the third, possible slight edge to Maine, and pretty good in overtime. Final shots 37-31 for UML.
                      Maine has 3 penalties for 6 minutes tonight. Last weekend they had 6 and 7 penalties respectively. Not bad comparatively speaking. They are improving. After 9 games, it’s apparent that the Game 1 stomping by PC was an aberration.

Comment

Some battles in hockey east tonite. All things considered a come from behind tie shows promise. Now a win tomorrow would be a statement.

Comment

Swayman saved at at .973 tonight, and the O scored once.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Pretty good outcome, all things considered.

Swayman is keeping Red afloat.
                            Yeah. I feel positive about this season, because of Swayman.

I do not feel positive about the future.

Comment

Lowell only score comes on a 5 on 3. Swayman is the man
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Yeah. I feel positive about this season, because of Swayman.

I do not feel positive about the future.
                                Was thinking after the game that the lineup Maine used to finish the game they likely lose the entire first line and 2/3 of the third line. Out of the guys who are committed only Breen inspires much confidence. Some very important work to be done the next six months or Maine is really going to be in a bad place.

With that being said, I’m pretty happy with a tie last night. Maine’s guaranteed to go at least .500 overall for the two weekends against BU and Lowell which I will take.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X