This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Maine garnered 0 votes in the USCHO poll. Quinnipiac fell to 9th.
    0 votes? That surprises me a little, I thought they'd pick up at least a few stray votes at the bottom of the poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      So you're saying Maine isnt good enough to get him experience against a bad team, so the solution is to play him against a good team? I usually like your analysis Drew, but you're way off the mark on this one.
      This.

Thiessen probably had expectations to get 5 starts. Maybe if things went well a rotation.

Red wants to develop potential nhl guys more than winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        0 votes? That surprises me a little, I thought they'd pick up at least a few stray votes at the bottom of the poll.
        Sarcasm.

Out scored 12-0 first weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Sarcasm.

Out scored 12-0 first weekend.
          Maine is 10th in Pairwise.

If the season ended today the first round opponent would be...Quinnipiac.

Comment

Maine is 10th in Pairwise.

If the season ended today the first round opponent would be...Quinnipiac.
            Then let’s end the season today.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Then let’s end the season today.
              Works for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Works for me!
                You are on record loving Red. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  You are on record loving Red. 🤣
                  He's my guy. Everybody knows that.

Comment

That was last straw for me. Great talent and not a coach.

Comment

Let’s face it.... Red tried. He is not a D1 coach.

Comment

Swayman kind of cratered with over use down the stretch the last two years. This defense is having an average of over 30 shots a game thrown his way. If he plays every night he’s gonna stink in March. I have no problem getting the kid some starts, if Maine’s going to do anything they’re going to need league points more than points in October.

Having said that, if he was gonna throw the kid out there vs a ranked team on the road, why’d Swayman get hung for all 60 shots vs Providence? The only reason would be to not put a freshman in the road ranked spot...... then the freshman gets the road ranked spot 2 weeks later. That part is weird.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Vermont's goaltender Stefanos Lekkas usually plays Maine tough...think Snedden see's that and plays his Backups Beck or Harmon, each of whom have not played a minute this season.?.?

Comment

It's been a while since Pairwise mattered but...

With the Pairwise the non-conference schedule is huge. You can finish 7th or 8th in HEA and still make the national tournament with a strong NC slate. Or you can get destroyed NC, win the HEA regular season, get knocked off in the playoffs and be watching the tournament on ESPN3.

It will be interesting to see what kind of difference Saturday's loss makes in the final rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

With the Pairwise the non-conference schedule is huge. You can finish 7th or 8th in HEA and still make the national tournament with a strong NC slate. Or you can get destroyed NC, win the HEA regular season, get knocked off in the playoffs and be watching the tournament on ESPN3.

It will be interesting to see what kind of difference Saturday's loss makes in the final rankings.
                              You can bet that Quinnipiac was not thrilled if they had gotten swept by Maine...would have killed them at the end of the year. Example: North Dakota losing to Canisius a few years back.
                              Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 10-22-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Hence why Northeastern typically schedules a joke of an OOC schedule filled to the brim with Atlantic Hockey teams, as an easy path to the big tournament. Sometimes I dont understand why, on the other hand, Boston College schedules such a tough OOC schedule year in and year out.

Comment

Working...
                                X